LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The Daily 3  (Read 15521 times)

February 04, 2009, 07:04:44 AM
Read 15521 times

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
The Daily 3
« on: February 04, 2009, 07:04:44 AM »
I feel lazy, so I'll just go with something from Narn i Hîn Húrin....

[5]Húrin, Lord of Dor-lómin (S)
Companion • Man
Strength: 9
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 6
To play, spot 2 (S) Men (or exert a (S) Man).
Fellowship: Exert Hurin twice to play a (S) Man from your draw deck or discard pile.
"There also stood Húrin, and he spoke to the men and gave commands...."

[2]Morwen, Eledhwen (S)
Companion • Man
Strength: 5
Vitality: 3
Muster.
Response: If a Shadow card is about to discard a (S) condition, exert Morwen to prevent that.
"…Morwen bade farewell to Húrin without tears...."

[2]Sador, Labadal (S)
Companion • Man
Muster. Túrin is strength +1.
Fellowship: Discard 2 (S) cards from hand to draw a card.
"…Túrin called him Labadal, which is ‘Hopafoot', though the name did not displease Sador, for it was given in pity and not in scorn."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 07:51:18 AM by Anonymous Prodigy »

February 04, 2009, 07:10:29 AM
Reply #1

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
Re: The Daily 3
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 07:10:29 AM »
I feel like I may have seen these cards before... ;)

I don't like Morwen much. I mean, she's totally fair enough and balanced, but I don't like choke. I'd just prefer something a bit more interesting and maybe a bit more fun.

Thranduil

February 04, 2009, 07:52:26 AM
Reply #2

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 07:52:26 AM »
Hopefully I captured the feel of "guarding the homeland" now. Any better?

February 04, 2009, 11:23:43 AM
Reply #3

Vroengard

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 11:23:43 AM »
I think they are too weak...but great idea. this time the cards seem far away from beeing OP ;)

February 04, 2009, 11:34:41 AM
Reply #4

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 11:34:41 AM »
Yeah, they're below the power curve, but that's not always a bad thing: if all the cards in the game were jawdroppingly awesome, there would be no skill left in deckbuilding or playing. I really like Sador and I also like the new Morwen (who could have resistance 7) and old Húrin and I think they're basically fine. Good to see you posting DCs again, by the way! :gp:

Thranduil

February 04, 2009, 11:37:19 AM
Reply #5

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 11:37:19 AM »
They may seem UP at first glance, but there are plenty of support cards to go with them; in fact, why not post a second batch? Here's Túrin and a nifty possession that either he or his father can use, plus Túrin's sword.

[4]Túrin, Mormegil (S)
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Hunter 2.
While Túrin is bearing Anglachel or Gurthang, he is damage +1 and defender +1.
"‘The Black Thorn of Brethil,' said Turambar: ‘well may he fear it.'"

[2]Helm of Hador, Dragon of the North (S)
Artifact • Helm
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Húrin or Túrin.
Each minion skirmishing bearer cannot use skirmish special abilities and Shadow skirmish events cannot be played during a skirmish involving bearer.
"‘Also by your leave I will now reclaim the Dragon-helm of my sires.'"

[2]Gurthang, Iron of Death (G)
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Resistance -1
Bearer must be Túrin.
Each time Túrin wins a skirmish, you may wound a minion.
Each time Túrin loses a skirmish, wound him.
"Then Túrin set the hilts upon the ground, and cast himself upon the point of Gurthang, and the black blade took his life."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 04:09:48 AM by Anonymous Prodigy »

February 04, 2009, 11:50:07 AM
Reply #6

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 11:50:07 AM »
[4]Túrin, Mormegil (S)
Companion • Man
Hunter 2.
Fair enough, just a huge bomb essentially, and there's nothing wrong with that! ;)

Artifact • Helm
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Each minion skirmishing bearer cannot use skirmish special abilities and Shadow skirmish events cannot be played during a skirmish involving bearer.
Seems very powerful to me. I'm not sure it needs both of those stat-bonuses (I'm not sure it needs either).

[3]Gurthang, Iron of Death (G)
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Túrin.
"Then Túrin set the hilts upon the ground, and cast himself upon the point of Gurthang, and the black blade took his life."
Awesome! I think it could cost [2].

Thranduil

February 04, 2009, 07:46:00 PM
Reply #7

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 07:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Anonymous Prodigy
[4]Túrin, Mormegil (S)
Companion • Man
Hunter 2.

Awesome. Who says companions can't be beatsticks too? ;)

Artifact • Helm
Vitality +1
Resistance +1

Raise the cost to [3] or drop the vitality bonus. I'd probably recommend the latter.

[3]Gurthang, Iron of Death (G)
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Túrin.

How could I possibly complain? Well, maybe slap a resistance -1 (or even -2) on it and bring the cost down. I'd go with [2]/res-1, personally...though with -2 or -3 you MIGHT even be able to get away with [1].
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

February 04, 2009, 08:01:01 PM
Reply #8

Braler

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 08:01:01 PM »
I'm loving the feel of these cards. My favorite is definitely Gurthang but i agree a resistance -1 would be flavorful and then you could drop the cost. There is just so much content to explore here, I hope to see more.

February 05, 2009, 06:05:59 AM
Reply #9

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 06:05:59 AM »
The reviews are much appreciated! :up: Here is Túrin's friend Beleg and a nifty possession to go with him, plus a nice (G) support card. :)

[3]Beleg, Strongbow (G)
Companion • Elf
Strength: 6
Archer. Hunter 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Beleg, you may exert him to make each minion skirmishing him is strength -1 until the regroup phase for each artifact and possession that Beleg bears.
"‘Beleg Cúthalion, long have you been foremost in the defence of Doriath, and for many deeds of valour and wisdom have earned my thanks.'"

[1]Belthronding, Bow of Beleg (G)
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be Beleg. He gains hunter 1.
Archery: Remove 3 (G) tokens to exert a minion (or wound that minion instead if you can spot Thingol).
"…and placed beside him Belthronding his great bow, that was made of black yew-wood."

[4]The Hidden Kingdom (G)
Condition • Support Area
Toil 1.
When you play this condition, you may add a (G) token here for each (G) Elf you can spot.
Skirmish: Remove 2 (G) tokens from here to exert a minion skirmishing a companion (or wound that minion if you can spot Thingol).
"Then Túrin came to the great bridge over the Esgalduin, and passed the gates of Thingol's halls...."

February 05, 2009, 09:45:42 AM
Reply #10

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 09:45:42 AM »
[3]Beleg, Strongbow (G)
Companion • Elf
Strength: 6
Archer. Hunter 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Beleg, you may exert him to make each minion skirmishing him is strength -1 until the regroup phase for each artifact and possession that Beleg bears.
"‘Beleg Cúthalion, long have you been foremost in the defence of Doriath, and for many deeds of valour and wisdom have earned my thanks.'"
Hmm... Quite cool. I think I'd drop the "until the regroup phase" bit just because it's a bit too longwinded. Other than that, I might prefer no hunter bonus for an extra awesome strength reduction either what you have but as a blanket bonus, or maybe just adding some twilight.

[1]Belthronding, Bow of Beleg (G)
Bearer must be Beleg. He gains hunter 1.
Archery: Remove 3 (G) tokens to exert a minion (or wound that minion instead if you can spot Thingol).
"…and placed beside him Belthronding his great bow, that was made of black yew-wood."
Fair enough.

[4]The Hidden Kingdom (G)
Condition • Support Area
Toil 1.
When you play this condition, you may add a (G) token here for each (G) Elf you can spot.
Skirmish: Remove 2 (G) tokens from here to exert a minion skirmishing a companion (or wound that minion if you can spot Thingol).
"Then Túrin came to the great bridge over the Esgalduin, and passed the gates of Thingol's halls...."
Now I think here wound is too much, especially as it kills minions skirmishing the Ring-bearer. I think this card would be fine and cool without it.

Thranduil

February 06, 2009, 04:39:54 AM
Reply #11

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 04:39:54 AM »
Back when I was making the set I started on a culture that revolved around Túrin's brief stay with Forweg, Andróg, and the other outlaws. I didn't get far (I only made 5 cards), but here are the 3 companions I managed to throw together. And as for the outlaw keyword itself: Outlaw (Each time this companion wins a skirmish, you may add [1] to draw a card).

[4]Túrin, Neithan (W)
Companion • Man
Strength: 10
Hunter 3. Outlaw.
Túrin is strength -1 for each other companion you can spot.
"‘Neithan, the Wronged, I call myself....'"

[3]Andróg, Cursed by Mîm (W)
Companion • Man
Hunter 1. Outlaw.
While skirmish an archer, Andróg loses all strength bonuses from possessions.
Maneuver: Exert Andróg twice to discard a Shadow condition borne by another companion.
"But Andróg putting forth his last strength cut through the wristbands and fetters that bound Beleg...."

[3]Forweg, Captain of the Outlaws (W)
Companion • Man
Hunter 1. Outlaw.
At the start of the regroup phase, you may exert Forweg twice to make each Shadow player reveal his or hand. You may discard a revealed card from each Shadow player's hand.
"‘If you are the captain here, you should not allow your men to shoot without command.'"

February 06, 2009, 07:12:49 AM
Reply #12

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Let the armies of Mordor know this....
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 07:12:49 AM »
 Turin seems a bit overpowered in a Solo deck. :o
"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=426.120

February 06, 2009, 07:30:36 AM
Reply #13

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 07:30:36 AM »
He is built for a solo deck. Starting him with a RB, he takes up all of your twilight, and even with the hunter bonus he is only a 12 strength. And remember, these cards have already been through the review gauntlet of Dáin, Thranduil, lem0n, and SoP; it's your word against theirs. And if you try to combine him with his fellow outlaws, his strength is decreased even more. But while we're on the topic, here are the 2 (W) possessions that go with these guys (but of course Túrin can still use Anglachel, Gurthang, etc.) And why not take a look at Túrin's Cloak as well? Rather simple cards, but quite functional.

[1] Outlaw Bow (W)
Strength +1
Bearer must be a (W) outlaw.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to make bearer an archer until the regroup phase.
"…he found himself within a circle of men with bent bows...."

[1] Outlaw Sword (W)
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a (W) outlaw. While skirmishing an Orc, bearer gains hunter 1.
"Then Túrin springing towards the thicket with drawn sword hewed down a man that burst from the hazels...."

(0)Túrin's Cloak (S)
Possession • Cloak
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Túrin.
Regroup: Discard this possession to draw a card or remove [2].
"…his mail was covered with a grey cloak stained with the weather."

February 06, 2009, 07:56:18 AM
Reply #14

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 07:56:18 AM »
[3]Forweg, Captain of the Outlaws (W)
Companion • Man
Hunter 1. Outlaw.
At the start of the regroup phase, you may exert Forweg twice to make each Shadow player reveal his or hand. You may discard a revealed card from each Shadow player's hand.
"‘If you are the captain here, you should not allow your men to shoot without command.'"
I'd prefer less cost for less effect. I don't like you being able to choose a card to discard, because that can destroy a Shadow or FP strategy (in the regroup phase, their hand is more likely to be made of FP cards and I think that's even worse). I say exert once to make each Shadow player discard some cards from hand or exert no times just to see everybody's hand, which in itself can be very useful.

And remember, these cards have already been through the review gauntlet of Dáin, Thranduil, lem0n, and SoP; it's your word against theirs.
Hey, I'm often wrong! I may have been here reviewing cards for quite a while now (too long to remember without despairing, I think... ;) ) but I think we all need fresh ideas and new points of view. In fact, I think it's unbelievably awesome the boom of posting DCers and reviewers we've had recently! :up:

[1] Outlaw Bow (W)
Strength +1
Bearer must be a (W) outlaw.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to make bearer an archer until the regroup phase.
"…he found himself within a circle of men with bent bows...."
Fair enough. Are there going to be other culture outlaws?

[1] Outlaw Sword (W)
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a (W) outlaw. While skirmishing an Orc, bearer gains hunter 1.
"Then Túrin springing towards the thicket with drawn sword hewed down a man that burst from the hazels...."
Tis alright. Bit boring, but it's simple and fair enough.

(0)Túrin's Cloak (S)
Possession • Cloak
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Túrin.
Regroup: Discard this possession to draw a card or remove [2].
"…his mail was covered with a grey cloak stained with the weather."
Hmm... Not sure this is that good. Maybe something repeatable (like discard a possession Túrin is bearing, or exert Túrin or discard this possession) or something. Not sure, that might be too good... :-k

Thranduil

February 10, 2009, 11:27:23 AM
Reply #15

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 11:27:23 AM »
I haven't really developed the outlaw theme very much, but I hope to eventually do so. Meanwhile....

[4]Aragorn, Son of Arathorn [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Resistance: 8
Ranger.
When you play Aragorn (except in your starting fellowship), you may play an artifact or possession on him from your draw deck or discard pile.
Assignment: Exert Aragorn twice to spot a minion. That minion cannot be assigned to a skirmish until the end of the turn unless that minion's owner pays its twilight cost again.
"‘But I am Aragorn, and those verses go with that name.' He drew out his sword, and they saw that the blade was indeed broken a foot below the hilt."

[1]Aragorn's Bow, Longbow of the North [Gondor]
Bearer must be Aragorn. He is an archer.
Archery: Exert Aragorn to make a Shadow player choose 3 minions. Other minions cannot take archery wounds until the regroup phase.
"‘…and though I cannot disappear, I have hunted many wild and wary things and I can usually avoid being seen, if I wish.'"

[3]Andúril, Renowned Blade [Gondor]
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Aragorn or Elendil. Bearer gains damage +1 and hunter 1.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to take a [Gondor] event from your discard pile into hand (limit once per phase).
"Very bright was that sword when it was made whole again; the light of the sun shone redly in it...."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 08:03:25 AM by Anonymous Prodigy »

February 10, 2009, 12:46:07 PM
Reply #16

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 12:46:07 PM »
Companion • Man
Hunter 1. Ranger.
When you play Aragorn (except in your starting fellowship), you may play an artifact or possession on him from your draw deck or discard pile.
Assignment: Exert Aragorn twice to spot a minion. That minion cannot be assigned to a skirmish until the end of the turn unless that minion's owner pays its twilight cost again.
"‘But I am Aragorn, and those verses go with that name.' He drew out his sword, and they saw that the blade was indeed broken a foot below the hilt."
I think there's no need for hunter 1 partly because it makes the card a bit too powerful and also because it's not necessary flavour with the subtitle. Other than that, this is a cool Aragorn. :up:

Archery: Exert Aragorn to make a Shadow player choose 2 minions. Other minions cannot take archery wounds until the regroup phase.
"‘…and though I cannot disappear, I have hunted many wild and wary things and I can usually avoid being seen, if I wish.'"
Very interesting. I think perhaps it should be 3 minions, or exert him twice to choose 2 minions? Not sure; exerting once to basically kill 2 minions seems a bit good.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Maneuver: Exert bearer to take a [Gondor] event from your discard pile into hand (limit once per phase).
"Very bright was that sword when it was made whole again; the light of the sun shone redly in it...."
I don't think hunter fits the flavour of Anduril. But other than that, tis also cool.

I like these; good stuff!

Thranduil

February 10, 2009, 07:15:41 PM
Reply #17

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 07:15:41 PM »
Companion • Man
Hunter 1. Ranger.

Yeah, can you believe Decipher never used that subtitle? Thran and I usually disagree regarding hunter, but in this case I agree: doesn't quite fit with this version. He's plenty powerful without it, anyway.

Archery: Exert Aragorn to make a Shadow player choose 2 minions. Other minions cannot take archery wounds until the regroup phase.

Yeah, I agree with Thran again. Make it three minions, or perhaps two with strength less than Gorn.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1

Here I disagree with my esteemed colleague...keep the hunter. :up:

Great to see you back in DCing, buddy. :gp: Keep it up!
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

February 11, 2009, 04:41:25 AM
Reply #18

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 04:41:25 AM »
I think the bow could be tailored towards archery decks ONLY, like, by making Aragorn strength -2, maybe -3? It'd be more than fine, then, to keep the ability intact.

February 11, 2009, 08:07:42 AM
Reply #19

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 08:07:42 AM »
Dropped hunter on Gorn and made the Bow spot 3 minions. To everyone's liking, I hope?

[5]Elendil, Of Westernesse [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Vitality: 5
Damage +1. Defender +1. To play, spot 3 [Gondor] Men.
At the start of each turn, you may exert Elendil to play a [Gondor] card from your draw deck or discard pile.
"‘…the hosts of Gil-galad and Elendil were mustered in Arnor.'"

(0) Kindreds United [Gondor]
Event • Skirmish
Tale. Exert a [Gondor] Man to make an [Elven] Elf strength +3 (and gain hunter 1 if that Elf is skirmishing an Orc).
"‘It was Gil-galad, Elven-king and Elendil of Westernesse who overthrew Sauron....'"

(0)Heir of Elendil [Gondor]
Condition
Strength +1
Bearer must be Aragorn.
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a [Gondor] token or draw a card.
Response: If Aragorn is about to take a wound, discard this condition to prevent that wound.
"‘In this hour take the name that was foretold for you....'"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 08:50:41 AM by Anonymous Prodigy »

February 11, 2009, 08:13:54 AM
Reply #20

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 08:13:54 AM »

[5]Elendil, Of Westernesse [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Vitality: 5
Damage +1. Muster. To play, spot 3 [Gondor] Men.
At the start of each turn, you may exert Elendil to play a [Gondor] card from your draw deck or discard pile.
"‘…the hosts of Gil-galad and Elendil were mustered in Arnor.'"

Fine. Quite cool.

[1] Kindreds United [Gondor]
Event • Skirmish
Tale. Exert a [Gondor] Man to make an [Elven] Elf strength +3 (and gain hunter 1 if that Elf is skirmishing an Orc).
"‘It was Gil-galad, Elven-king and Elendil of Westernesse who overthrew Sauron....'"

Youre exerting so gotta be free to make it worth especially as it already requires 2 cultures out.

(0)Heir of Elendil [Gondor]
Condition
Strength +1
Bearer must be Aragorn.
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a [Gondor] token or draw a card.
Response: If Aragorn is about to take a wound, discard this condition to prevent that wound.
"‘In this hour take the name that was foretold for you....'"

Hmmm with three cool aspects it might have to cost 1. Its on the cusp of balance.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

February 11, 2009, 08:25:01 AM
Reply #21

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 08:25:01 AM »
Good call on Kindreds United. :gp:

February 11, 2009, 08:30:08 AM
Reply #22

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 08:30:08 AM »
I think Elendil, given that he's damned hard to play, would be cooler with defender +1 instead of damage +1.

And I might be agreeing with lem0n about Heir of Elendil costing [1].

Thranduil

February 11, 2009, 08:52:03 AM
Reply #23

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 08:52:03 AM »
I dropped muster and added damage +1. :up:

February 11, 2009, 10:11:58 AM
Reply #24

GloinTheDark

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 10:11:58 AM »
I think Aragorn's ability should prevent minions from being assigned until the regroup phase.  If he uses his ability on a balrog then you're already missing out on the fight and the fierce skirmish (if he's fierce). 

When does the shadow player pay the twilight again?  Is it in the assignment phase, or does he have to wait until his next shadow phase?  I'm assuming it's in the assignment phase.

Therefore if you use Aragorn's ability and the twilight is not there to pay for the minion again, you've got a balrog that is not going to skirmish, then not fierce skirmish.  Then if you move again and the shadow player has missed his opportunity to repay for his balrog the balrog will not fight the next skirmish, and fierce skirmish.  The shadow player can't play another one because there is already one sitting on the table. 

Anyway, just a thought.

Love the potential of Kindreds United with a Last Alliance deck.

Elendil's a beast!

February 11, 2009, 10:17:49 AM
Reply #25

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 10:17:49 AM »
Yeah, the whole deal with Gorn is for the exact reason you pointed out; to not make minions fight. He's not supposed to be convenient for the Shadow guys to deal with. Thanks for the review, though. :gp:

February 12, 2009, 07:22:07 AM
Reply #26

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 07:22:07 AM »
[4]Elrond, Master of Healing [Elven]
Companion • Elf
Resistance: 7
Muster.
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert Elrond to heal another companion (and draw a card if you can spot 2 or more Free Peoples cultures).
Regroup: Exert Elrond and discard a card from hand to discard a Shadow condition borne by a companion.
"‘…but the weapons of our Enemy are deadly.'"

(0) Healing of Elrond [Elven]
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship or Regroup: Spot Elrond and discard this condition to heal an exhausted companion and draw a card.
"‘Then Elrond removed a splinter.'"

[1] Make for Rivendell [Elven]
Event • Maneuver
Spot an Elf to replace the fellowship's current site with a site from your adventure deck. If that site is a forest or river, you may draw a card.
"…his heart was moved suddenly with a desire to see the house of Elrond Halfelven, and breathe the air of that deep valley where many of the Fair Folk still dwelt in peace."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 08:03:47 AM by Anonymous Prodigy »

February 12, 2009, 07:45:01 AM
Reply #27

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 07:45:01 AM »
Elronds healing ability is UP overall id say.

The second card could cost 0 as it targets just elrond.

The last card i think you could draw a card without discarding one, or do it as a either/or so you have the choice.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

February 12, 2009, 08:04:08 AM
Reply #28

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 08:04:08 AM »
Done, done, and done. Thanks! :gp:

February 12, 2009, 11:39:35 AM
Reply #29

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 11:39:35 AM »
Hmmm.... A lot of fellowship card draw in the [Elven] culture... Not sure.

Thranduil

February 13, 2009, 06:57:22 AM
Reply #30

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 06:57:22 AM »
[1] Axe of Moria [Dwarven]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a [Dwarven] token or draw a card.
"‘…messages reported that Moria had been entered....'"

[1] Axe of the Lonely Mountain [Dwarven]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
At the start of the assignment phase, you may add a threat to make bearer strength +1 until the regroup phase for each wounded character you can spot (limit +3).
"‘…the hearts of the Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain were troubled.'"

(0)Ring of Wisdom [Dwarven]
Artifact • Ring
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: Reveal your hand and discard this artifact to make bearer strength +1 for each [Dwarven] card in your hand.
"‘Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone....'"
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 08:18:19 AM by Anonymous Prodigy »

February 13, 2009, 10:31:11 AM
Reply #31

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 10:31:11 AM »
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a [Dwarven] token or draw a card.
fine.

[2] Axe of the Lonely Mountain [Dwarven]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf. While you can spot a [Dwarven] artifact, this possession's twilight cost is -1.
At the start of the assignment phase, you may add 2 threats to make bearer strength +1 for each wounded character you can spot.
seems like a lot for a non unique weapon.  I'd cut the cost to one, cut the artifact ability, make it one threat with a limit of +3.

Artifact • Ring
Vitality +1
Skirmish: Discard this artifact to make bearer strength +1 for each [Dwarven] card in your hand.
should be reveal your hand, discard this artifact...IMSO.
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

February 14, 2009, 01:44:21 PM
Reply #32

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2009, 01:44:21 PM »
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
I think this is very good. Flexibility between 2 awesome effects, I think too good for [1]. I would choose one of them and lose the other.

[2] Axe of the Lonely Mountain [Dwarven]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf. While you can spot a [Dwarven] artifact, this possession's twilight cost is -1.
At the start of the assignment phase, you may add 2 threats to make bearer strength +1 for each wounded character you can spot.
I think I'm agreeing with SoP. And you need an "until the regroup phase" clause.

Artifact • Ring
Vitality +1
Skirmish: Discard this artifact to make bearer strength +1 for each [Dwarven] card in your hand.
Again, I think I agree with SoP.

Thranduil

February 17, 2009, 08:56:38 AM
Reply #33

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 08:56:38 AM »
[2]Gollum, Riddling Wretch [Gollum]
Minion
Site Number: 3
Each time Gollum wins a skirmish, you may remove [2] to add a burden or a threat.
"Riddles were all he could think of. Asking them, and sometimes guessing them, had been the only game he had ever played...."

[1] Throttled Them From Behind [Gollum]
Event • Assignment
Exert Gollum to make him strength +2 until the regroup phase and assign him to skirmish a companion with the highest strength. That companion loses all bonuses from possessions until the regroup phase. The Free Peoples player may discard 2 cards of that companion's culture from hand to prevent that.
"This is what he had come to find out, for he was not really very hungry at the moment, only curious; otherwise he would have grabbed first and whispered afterwards."

[2] What's It Got in Its Pocketses? [Gollum]
Event • Shadow
Spot Gollum to reveal the Free Peoples player's hand. Add [1] for each Free Peoples card revealed.
"‘Not string, precious, but not nothing.'"
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 06:58:33 AM by Anonymous Prodigy »

February 17, 2009, 10:35:50 AM
Reply #34

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2009, 10:35:50 AM »
Minion
Each time Gollum wins a skirmish, you may remove [2] to add a threat.
Each time Gollum wins a skirmish, you may remove [2] to add a burden (or 2 burdens if you can spot 6 companions).
"Riddles were all he could think of. Asking them, and sometimes guessing them, had been the only game he had ever played...."

I think just removing [2] to add a burden is a bit low maybe have him exert as well

[2] Throttled Them From Behind [Gollum]
Event • Assignment
Exert Gollum to make him strength +2 until the regroup phase and assign him to skirmish a companion with the highest strength. That companion loses all bonuses from possessions until the regroup phase. The Free Peoples player may discard 2 cards of that companion's culture from hand to prevent that.
"This is what he had come to find out, for he was not really very hungry at the moment, only curious; otherwise he would have grabbed first and whispered afterwards."

Good card :up:

Event • Shadow
Exert Gollum to reveal the Free Peoples player's hand. Add [1] for each Free Peoples card revealed.

lower the cost, it seems like a big risk for [2].
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

February 18, 2009, 05:15:18 AM
Reply #35

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2009, 05:15:18 AM »
Minion
Each time Gollum wins a skirmish, you may remove [2] to add a threat.
Each time Gollum wins a skirmish, you may remove [2] to add a burden (or 2 burdens if you can spot 6 companions).
I think removing [4] for a threat and a burden is enough and I don't think you need to make the card less elegant with parentheses. Either both abilities should add 2 if there are 6 companions, or neither should.

[2] Throttled Them From Behind [Gollum]
Event • Assignment
I think discarding 2 Free Peoples cards is enough, but this is an interesting card. Perhaps could cost [1].

Event • Shadow
Exert Gollum to reveal the Free Peoples player's hand. Add [1] for each Free Peoples card revealed.
Cool! I love this flavour! Could probably spot Gollum or have a slightly lower cost.

Thranduil

February 18, 2009, 06:58:56 AM
Reply #36

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2009, 06:58:56 AM »
Thanks for the reviews! :up:

[7]William, Fat Fool [Orc]
Minion • Troll
Strength: 14
Damage +1.
While you can spot Bert or Tom, William's twilight cost is -1.
Each time William wins a skirmish, add a threat.
Each time William loses a skirmish, exert him.
"He had already had as much supper as he could hold; also he had had lots of beer."

[7]Bert, Liar [Orc]
Minion • Troll
Damage +1. Fierce.
While you can spot Tom or William, Bert's twilight cost is -1.
Maneuver: Exert Bert twice to reveal the Free Peoples player's hand. Add [1] for each Free Peoples card revealed and remove [2] for each Shadow card revealed.
"‘There's more to come yet,' said Tom, ‘or I'm mighty mistook.'"

[7]Tom, Booby [Orc]
Minion • Troll
Damage +1.
While you can spot Bert or William, Tom's twilight cost is -1.
Response: If a Free Peoples event is played, exert Tom and remove [1] to cancel that event.
"‘That'll teach ‘em....'"

February 18, 2009, 10:43:27 AM
Reply #37

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2009, 10:43:27 AM »
Minion • Troll
Damage +1.
"He had already had as much supper as he could hold; also he had had lots of beer."

I like him. Nice and balanced.  :up:

[7]Bert, Liar [Orc]
Minion • Troll
Damage +1. Fierce.
Maneuver: Exert Bert twice to reveal the Free Peoples player's hand. Add [1] for each Free Peoples card revealed and remove [2] for each Shadow card revealed.

Not sure about Bert. Doesn't seem too bad, I wouldn't think he'd get a lot of use. IDK, maybe.  :-|

[7]Tom, Booby [Orc]
Minion • Troll
Damage +1.
Response: If a Free Peoples event is played, exert Tom and remove [1] to cancel that event.

Not bad.  ;D

I've always seen Bill-Bert-Tom DC's as something that should be able to survive well in a deck as the only minions.
Plenty of versatility and the ability to pack a punch. These seem like they're meant to co-exist alongside other
minions which seems to kind of kill the flavor.  ;)

February 18, 2009, 03:58:59 PM
Reply #38

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2009, 03:58:59 PM »
Minion • Troll
Damage +1.
I'm not sure I understand the point of reducing his twilight cost only by 1, just seems like it should either be more or nothing.

[7]Bert, Liar [Orc]
Minion • Troll
Damage +1. Fierce.
His ability is bad, unfortunately. In your opponent's turn, their almost certainly going to have more Shadow cards than Free Peoples cards in their hand so your losing a lot of twilight from the pool and exerting Bert twice for the pleasure. Would be more interesting with the [1] and [2] the other way around, or if he was enduring.

[7]Tom, Booby [Orc]
Minion • Troll
Damage +1.
Now this is exceedingly strong, I think he should remove [2]. Also, given that Bert and Tom are about twilight in the pool, it's a shame that William isn't. I think I would prefer these guys if William tied in with the theme more closely.

Thranduil