LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Slaked Thirsts deck  (Read 5283 times)

February 11, 2009, 11:19:44 AM
Read 5283 times

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
Slaked Thirsts deck
« on: February 11, 2009, 11:19:44 AM »
Note from the autor: I know Lady Redeemed is X-ed and I know this is what Galadriel would be like when she would have accepted the Ring and thus had failed the Test. Nonetheless she was accepted in the tournament we had. For this deck I wanted to use her, not to abuse her full potential, just the part in which she is able to start in the starting line-up.
Same with Sam, X-ed with a reason, I can do without him, but now he enables me to bid high.

2x *Barliman Butterbur, Prancing Pony Proprietor (1U70)
2x *Elrond, Herald To Gil-Galad (3R13)
2x *Gondorian Merchant (7R97)
3x *Aragorn, King in Exile (1P365)
1x *Galadriel, Lady Redeemed (10R11)
1x *Gandalf, Leader of Men (8R15)
1x *Gimli, Feared Axeman (7R7)
2x *Legolas, Fearless Marksman (7R25)
1x *Sam, Son Of Hamfast (1C311)
1x *Glimpse of Fate (10U12)
1x *Hardy Garrison (10U33)
1x Preparations (7R12)
2x Deep In Thought (3C30)
3x Hard Choice (4U123)
2x Power According to His Stature (1R308)
4x Quick As May Be (4U53)
4x Slaked Thirsts (7U14)
3x Terrible and Evil (7R50)
2x *Aragorn's Bow (1R90)

With Gimli, Gandalf and Galadriel in the fellowship from site 1, I get to play all the manuver nastyness there is: terrible and evil, quick as may be and slaked thirsts. If I was to play without galadriel, I would add 2 extra copies of Legolas, for Terrible and Evil has more potential from the start than quick as may be.
The deck is centered around the Preparations/slaked thirsts combo. Bid high and get preparations. With 4 copies of Slaked Thirsts and a fast cycling deck it must be 'easy' to get at least 1 copy. Mulligan if not. When you hit Slaked Thirsts, the combo is set. Each regroup you can bring back Slaked Thirsts, with which you can exert during manuever. Finish minions off with either Quick as May be, Terrible and evil, or with Hardy Garrison when it shows up. Oh and if maneuver is giving you trouble: archery makes you do some tricks also. When a minion is denying wounds for whatever reason, Paths could save your #$&*@!.
Healing isn't a problem either. Elrond, hard choice and Aragorn himself give you plenty of options.
DiT is there to get rid of nasty conditions. With Terrible and Evil you have plenty twilight to make it work.
That's it. Combined with a good Moria deck you go rather fast. I won both games I played with it with relative ease.....
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 01:08:40 PM by Gil-Estel »
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

February 11, 2009, 02:52:37 PM
Reply #1

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
Re: Slaked Thirsts deck
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 02:52:37 PM »
   Nice one! My variant of this runs Galadriel RB and more elven companions, and has no Gorn on it. I add a key card to save some elven lifes: Roll of Thunder! More pool for Deep in Thought and you get rid of anything with Gandy. I also runs That is No Orc Horn for some healing and site liberation, since i run more elves in the deck along with Gandy (the one that draw a card at start of fellowship phase. With Slaked Thirsts, Greeanleaf + Aiglos, Quick as May Be, Terrible and Evil and Elven Bows few things get throught the archery phase, and when they do Cirdan is waiting for them  :twisted: And other strong high vitality comps can handle the other guys.

Anyway is a pretty good deck, not so fun as my Dauntless Hunter deck, that always struggle to death in order to win (always with the cost of Merry´s life) but pretty far more solid. I just start to seek the cards to do my version of it.

One more thing: what would be a good shadow to pair with it?

February 11, 2009, 11:35:57 PM
Reply #2

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 11:35:57 PM »
Moria...wow, did I win two games due to a swarm....
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

February 12, 2009, 03:08:36 AM
Reply #3

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 03:08:36 AM »
  Moria is awesome, but if the opponent manage to discard your conditions and/or run big fellowship you may have some troule swarming. To not say about big archery and direct wounding.

February 12, 2009, 03:50:00 AM
Reply #4

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 03:50:00 AM »
true, but the main objective was playing a cycling shadow to help the fellowship. It is not too difficult to double with this deck. Like I said both enquea and the witchking died in maneuver. I played vs wound denying decks, which is tough, but still doable. And without your shadow conditions you're still able to cycle. A lot of they are coming make sure you're able to toss some extra weight. Same with Gondorian Merchant and Legolas.