LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Corsair Woes  (Read 9029 times)

March 02, 2009, 10:13:43 AM
Reply #15

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
Re: Corsair Woes
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 10:13:43 AM »
well, if you can get it down to no tokens its more than a one turn fix.
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

March 02, 2009, 11:49:29 AM
Reply #16

GloinTheDark

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 11:49:29 AM »
If you play 1-13 with no x-list here's the answer to both your problems:

Galadriel, Lady Redeemed.
Game Text: When Galadriel is in your starting fellowship, her twilight cost is -3. Fellowship or Regroup: Discard an [Elven] event from hand to discard a Shadow condition or Shadow possession.

You can start with her, and any elven event you pack in your deck essentially says "discard a shadow possession or shadow condition."

Add four elven events and then you can remove possessions and conditions.  You can even make them more specific cards like Stand Against Darkness, Something Draws Near, or Foul Creation.

March 02, 2009, 12:01:36 PM
Reply #17

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 12:01:36 PM »
hahaha...LR is good indeed....she is how she would have become if she accepted the ring
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

March 02, 2009, 02:02:13 PM
Reply #18

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 02:02:13 PM »
LR  :uh-huh:  is the conter card to corsairs. So in block, there will be no problem.

That's Two
Blood runs chill
Narsil, forged by telchar
Dispatched with Haste
Narya, Ring of Fire

Redhorn Pass
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:07:21 PM by Elrohir »
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

March 02, 2009, 02:18:35 PM
Reply #19

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 02:18:35 PM »
Redhorn Pass would be awesome, replay it every turn....Traveled leader at one site, Nelya at the other....so annoying for corsairs...haha
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

March 02, 2009, 03:18:55 PM
Reply #20

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 03:18:55 PM »
then if there aren't corsairs, you could make a shadow that uses initiative and burdens with neekerbreekers' bog and pelennor flat  :twisted:
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

March 02, 2009, 04:00:57 PM
Reply #21

Gerontius

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 04:00:57 PM »
If you play 1-13 with no x-list here's the answer to both your problems:

Galadriel, Lady Redeemed.
Game Text: When Galadriel is in your starting fellowship, her twilight cost is -3. Fellowship or Regroup: Discard an [Elven] event from hand to discard a Shadow condition or Shadow possession.

You can start with her, and any elven event you pack in your deck essentially says "discard a shadow possession or shadow condition."

Add four elven events and then you can remove possessions and conditions.  You can even make them more specific cards like Stand Against Darkness, Something Draws Near, or Foul Creation.

Unfortunately for me, he does have Galadriel, LR. We both think that corsair marauder and the Galadriel are nasty. The Galadriel was definitely made as an anti-corsair card, and I think Decipher could have done a better job designing something to fight corsairs.

March 02, 2009, 06:45:15 PM
Reply #22

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 06:45:15 PM »
yeah, it basically looks as if Galadriel and the corsairs were made to counter each other, unfortunately, paired against most other things they're a little overpowering.

I just wish both had been toned down a little.
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

-Dave Barry