LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Turbo Corrupt  (Read 12135 times)

June 20, 2009, 09:54:17 AM
Reply #15

Romanus

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: Turbo Corrupt
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 09:54:17 AM »
Have a tenth of your deck (and [4] per card) devoted to protecting against two cards? I would say that it is better to combine the primary functions of BNaP and Ithil Stone - mainly, exerting Enquea TotO to add burdens and drawing cards to get what you need when you need it - into one card that costs [3] less, lets you draw more cards (BoD isn't unique like Ithil Stone), and still gets you that exerting power.

You can then devote the space and twilight you spent on BNaP on more minions.

*shrug* I'm actually stealing this deck idea from you for my shadow side on my Dwarf deck and to me it seemed like BoD is a stronger card for the deck than the combo of BNaP and Ithil Stone.

June 21, 2009, 09:37:05 PM
Reply #16

Romanus

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: Turbo Corrupt
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 09:37:05 PM »
3x   2R84   • Úlaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight
4x   3U86   • Úlaire Otsea, Ringwraith in Twilight
4x   2U78   It Wants to be Found
4x   10R68   • Úlaire Enquea, Thrall of The One
3x   1R206   Bent on Discovery
2x   1R279   • Thin and Stretched
4x   1U258   Morgul Skulker
4x   10U97   The Ring Is Mine!
2x   6C108   Wisp of Pale Sheen
3x   1R244   Desperate Defense of the Ring
3x   1C261   Orc Ambusher

= 36 cards
= 20 minions
= 7 Twilight [Wraith] (to 4 cards that play off of them)
= 10 [Sauron] Minions (to 9 cards that play off of them)

The deck has one focus, to add burdens. Every card, every play, every action should be focused on that single goal; in my opinion, if it doesn't contribute to adding burdens, it's useless. You don't need to win skirmishes, all this deck relies on actually is just getting to them, and (in the case of Wisp of Pale Sheen) surviving them. That being said, this deck still has three parts to add burdens:

I threw in the cheapest [Sauron] minions that I could find to use as exerting fodder for the conditions since they don't need to win skirmishes at all (just be assigned for some DDotR action) and this deck requires MAJOR twilight. I played a deck similar to this one and found that to be its major weakness. To be effective, it requires both your [Sauron] and [Wraith] minions to be out; even when that isn't necessary, you're still spending high twilight on one or the other.

You need a total of, at least, [6] to add a single burden with strategy #1 (the twilight nazgul and IWTBF). It then takes - at least - another [3] (with roaming) to add another with The Ring is Mine!. So we're talking [8] to add just two burdens.

Say that is one turn, then the next turn you decide to bring out Úlaire Enquea, Thrall of The One with two Bent on Discovery in order to exert him and get two more cards in hand (lets say to get a The Ring is Mine!). That requires [8], plus the [3] or [4] required of the [Sauron] strategy. So we're talking another 11 twilight to add three burdens.

It's going to be very hard to balance the [Wraith] and [Sauron] sides of this deck to get the cards that you need out when you need them; drawing them when you need will be a problem (especially for your two burden adding events) but also playing everything you need (that is, a [Wraith] AND a [Sauron] minion in the same turn to get even adequate burden potential.

Also think that this deck moves the [Wraith] from early game to late game, since it will be only then that they can get the twilight they need to play effectively (even Ford of Bruinen is out). Furthermore, against a small fellowship this deck will most likely lose. Say at Site 5 we are getting [6] for the site plus [3] for the fellowship and MAYBE [2] or [3] for stuff played. That's barely enough to add two burdens with a perfect hand.

So basically to say, with any Turbo Corruption deck (the above build or yours) you are going to have to work on twilight management. Having played a deck like this and planning on using the above model for a deck, I can say that maximizing burdens for twilight is a lot harder than it seems. It's a solid deck build, but its hard to play because it requires lots of balance.

Sorry for the double post, but anyone please tell me what you think.