LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Welcome to My World, Phase 2 (#3)  (Read 2771 times)

June 05, 2008, 06:00:13 PM
Read 2771 times

AgentDrake

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Why me? No, seriously. WHY ME?!?
Welcome to My World, Phase 2 (#3)
« on: June 05, 2008, 06:00:13 PM »
Alrighty.
Here's where I get my semi-daily vent from stress by parodying my semi-daily life in DCs.
None of the individual peoples' names are real, but all the cards are based on actual persons/events. The "Phase 2" is because this is the second time I've done something like this.

Most of 'em, I'm not going to explain beyond just the title and lore. Maybe a few, though. "(AQ)" in the lore indicates actual quotes from actual people in actual incidents, with (of course) the names changed.

Cultures are:
(G) - Shadow, job related
[Shire] - FP, job-related
[Gandalf] - FP or SH; my over-active imagination/reading/writing
(B) - SH; people I know, generally through debate, because that's where *most* of the interesting characters are, but not exclusively
[Gondor] - FP; people I know, generally through debate, because that's where *most* of the interesting characters are, but not exclusively

---I'll edit more cultures into this list as I go.

[4] •The Incinerator Guy, Angry Assassin  (G)
Minion - Man
Str 8
Vit 3
Site3
Damage +1.
When you play this minion, you may exert him to replace AgentDrake's current site with The Incinerator.
Regroup: If you can spot six companions, discard a card from hand to perform a Shadow phase action.
"'Is it a good idea to leave Jim back there with that guy?' 'No, he might get shoved in!'" (AQ)

[Site] The Incinerator [5]
Firepit. Slimepit.
Shadow:
Exert The Incinerator Guy and remove three threats to kill a companion (except AgentDrake.)
"'The Incinerator? You mean the Gates of H***!'" (AQ)

[1] Truckload of GMOs [Shire]
Possession - Support Area
Biohazard.
To play, exert a [Shire] companion.
When you play this possession, you may place a [Shire] token here.
At the start of each of your turns, if AgentDrake is not at The Incinerator, reinforce a token here. If AgentDrake is at The Incinerator, discard this possession and remove a threat for each token here.
"'The USDA and the EPA would have a fit over this....'" (AQ)

^Note that I'm probably going to have the [Shire] tokens be really useful in general.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 06:20:39 PM by AgentDrake »
Forget it. I'm not arguing with the computer anymore to try to get the sig I want....

June 07, 2008, 08:27:33 AM
Reply #1

AgentDrake

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Re: Welcome to My World, Phase 2 (#1 - Incineration)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 08:27:33 AM »
Alrighty. I just finished reading Burton Raffel's translation of Das Nibelungenleid last night.
Therefore I bring in a new culture: [Gandalf], which represents my over-active imagination/reading/writing etc.

Most fictional characters are just gonna be followers, and I'm gonna add unloaded keywords to most of them.

[2] •Kreimhild, Psychotic Queen [Gandalf] SH
Follower
Aid - Exert a minion.
German. Norse.
To play, if you can spot Gudrun, discard her.
Bearer must be a minion.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may add a threat.
After all, who else would marry Attila the Hun just so that they could kill every living relative they have?

[2] •Etzel, Attila the Hun [Gandalf] FP
Follower
Str +2
Aid - Exert a companion
German. Norse.
Bearer may be a companion or minion.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat.
One of the few times that Attila is presented as a good guy.

A side note: The reason I have these people noted as Norse as well as German is because the Nibelungenleid is the German version of a legend that appears in both German and Norse versions, as well as in Wagner. LotR is loosely based off the legend, too. Very loosely. I'm in the process of reading all the different versions I can get my hands on, and I expect to make some versions of the characters from the Norse side, too. (Hence Kreimhild discards Gudrun, who is the same character.)
Forget it. I'm not arguing with the computer anymore to try to get the sig I want....

July 01, 2008, 06:20:31 PM
Reply #2

AgentDrake

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Welcome to My World, Phase 2 (#3)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 06:20:31 PM »
Okay, weirdness recently, therefore new cards.

(0) Chopping Away [Shire]
Event - Response
If a [Shire] companion bearing a hand weapon wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a [Shire] token. If you can then spot six [Shire] tokens, you may exert that companion to heal each other companion.
"'This is like cutting trees! ...Timber!'"

^Ever try to cut down a full-grown cornstalk by chopping at it with a sharp stick? Not easy.

[4] Mirror, Mirror (G)
Event - Regroup
Spot 5 (G) minions, 6 companions, or 5 burdens and discard two (G) cards from your hand to move the fellowship back one site.
"'Oh, **** ****. We have to go back and do that over again.'" (AQ)

^ Boy, did I screw things up....

[2] •Damage Control [Shire]
Condition - Support Area
To play, exert two [Shire] companions.
Response: If a Shadow player uses a special ability or plays an event, remove 3 [Shire] tokens from your possession or condition to cancel that, then discard this condition or add a burden.
"'There. Back on track!' ... 'You mean, 'damage minimized.''" (AQ)

^And, unfortunately, it couldn't be completely fixed. Oh well. Hence the lore.

[2] Bloody Wound (B)
Event - Shadow
Spot a (B) minion and remove a threat to wound a companion. (If that companion is exhausted, add a burden instead.)
"'How do you do this stuff to yourself, anyway?'" (AQ)

^Okay, so if you're seeing the @#$%-type stuff, apparently the language filter doesn't like the term for "covered in blood." Anyway, that's supposed to mean something along the lines of "Gory Wound."