LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Competitive Deck Discussion  (Read 18024 times)

June 06, 2008, 02:17:43 PM
Reply #15

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
Re: Competitive Deck Discussion
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 02:17:43 PM »
I do play games, often, and I do win, just not as often as I'd like. And when I lose, I usually lose terribly. It's true I lack focus, I want to make awesome decks from every culture so I feel like my LOTR collection is complete....since as a 'collector' I want deck ideas collected, and represented, in their best form. Ambitious. But I think it's possible, with some help. I have been trying to get the cards for a particular Nazgul corruption deck one of our older CC members made---Utterly Corrupt Corruption anyone?

And God, Forearmed is a little OP. A must-have in my Elven telepathy deck I suppose, but as of yesterday I didn't see anyone posting to help me with it. Anyone know of counters to Forearmed? I know Dark Alliance can cancel events, and Final Triumph can make vitality the winner....any others? (Aside from cancelling skirmish, something that actually wounds or wins?)
easterling corruption....:D Everything that does nasty things before or during skirmish is good vs Forearmed.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 10:31:37 AM by NBarden »
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

June 06, 2008, 02:37:14 PM
Reply #16

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 02:37:14 PM »
easterling corruption.... Everything that does nasty things before or during skirmish is good vs Forearmed.
Forget the skirmish. If you're fighting in the skirmish phase, you better be swarming or playing Forestguls (read: swarming ;) ).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 10:31:47 AM by NBarden »
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

June 06, 2008, 02:37:52 PM
Reply #17

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 02:37:52 PM »
This post split from the Assignment Mess-Up thread ~NB

*cough*Solo-Smeagol*cough*
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 10:47:05 AM by NBarden »

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

June 06, 2008, 09:36:57 PM
Reply #18

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 09:36:57 PM »
*cough*Solo-Smeagol*cough*
Solo-Smeagol always dies if you don't have the right cards in your hand though. He can't even take wounds if all those strength pump conditions are gone off of him, though Fishing Boat is a little help I guess. :(
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 10:34:48 AM by NBarden »
A wizard is never late...nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

June 06, 2008, 09:39:13 PM
Reply #19

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 09:39:13 PM »
Forget the skirmish. If you're fighting in the skirmish phase, you better be swarming or playing Forestguls (read: swarming  ).
Hm. Generally I find Uruks to be the strongest Shadow though. Forest Nazzies usually get beaten up by annoying Gondorians or archered by Elves. :S

I've always wanted to make an Easterling deck, but I've always been missing some rares. Anyone for a TTT or ROTK decklist, Easterling Corruption? I imagine Vision from Afar is in it, but as for the combination of minions and conditions and possessions I always trip up a bit. :S
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 10:32:02 AM by NBarden »
A wizard is never late...nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

June 06, 2008, 09:40:00 PM
Reply #20

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 09:40:00 PM »
*falls off chair*

DUDE! Has anyone? HECK YEAH! That's like, perhaps the most powerful deck!
Hm, cool! But if Legolas dies Namarie is toast. What about a Hunter Elves legion? Likeee Rumil, Silvan Archer and his bro? With Legolas? And Elven Guardians? :D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 10:38:51 AM by NBarden »

June 07, 2008, 06:47:25 AM
Reply #21

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 06:47:25 AM »
Hm, cool! But if Legolas dies Namarie is toast. What about a Hunter Elves legion? Likeee Rumil, Silvan Archer and his bro? With Legolas? And Elven Guardians? 

Aren't Rumil, Orophin and Elven Guardian in there?  ???

BTW, I posted a deck in Standard that you should take a look at. It's called "Yo Mythdracon" and uses newer Pipeweed and Uruk Swarming. Amazingly oddball deck and absolutely a blast to play, but still competitive.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 10:39:13 AM by NBarden »

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

June 07, 2008, 09:27:56 AM
Reply #22

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 09:27:56 AM »
Solo-Smeagol always dies if you don't have the right cards in your hand though. He can't even take wounds if all those strength pump conditions are gone off of him, though Fishing Boat is a little help I guess.
That's why you set up a solo-smeagol deck so you do have the right cards in hand. Dammed Gate-Stream, anyone?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 10:35:03 AM by NBarden »

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

June 07, 2008, 09:30:11 AM
Reply #23

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 09:30:11 AM »
Hm. Generally I find Uruks to be the strongest Shadow though. Forest Nazzies usually get beaten up by annoying Gondorians or archered by Elves. :S

I've always wanted to make an Easterling deck, but I've always been missing some rares. Anyone for a TTT or ROTK decklist, Easterling Corruption? I imagine Vision from Afar is in it, but as for the combination of minions and conditions and possessions I always trip up a bit. :S
Then you're running them wrong. Forestguls, if run right, = about 4-5 nazzies beating down per turn with LitW. Sure, [Gondor]'s a hard matchup...elves, hm...so-so. But they pwn absolutely everything else.

Uruk's, on the other hand, ONLY beat elves, and OCCAISIONALLY beat [Gondor]. Pretty much everything else pummels them.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 10:32:17 AM by NBarden »

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

June 07, 2008, 10:48:24 AM
Reply #24

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 10:48:24 AM »
Please read note on first post of this thread before continuing to post here. We are attempting to consolidate all these lines of discussion into a major thread containing deck ideas, decks, and other miscellaneous info about decks.

Thanks!
~NB

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

June 07, 2008, 12:07:19 PM
Reply #25

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2008, 12:07:19 PM »
I dunno, when I use Uruks against Rohan, Rohan dies regularly. Archery doesn't work against them with Broad-bladed Sword, those silly possessions mean nothing against events like Final Triumph or Savagery to Match their Numbers. >=D

Will look at your oddball deck. Thanks for naming it after me. ;)

June 08, 2008, 08:48:39 AM
Reply #26

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2008, 08:48:39 AM »
[Rohan]'s being run wrong. [Rohan] should EASILY be able to match the Uruks stroke for stroke. Especially Fighting Frodo decks where Gamling is base 13 hunter 2, Eomer is base 13 hunter 1, Theoden base 11 h1, Aragorn base 12 h1, Eowyn base 10 h1 and can't take wounds and then you have that card that can pump them by the number of hunters you spot, typically by 6-7 unless your opponent is running Uruk Hunters, then its easy to hit, say, 10, and then Gamling's Horn which can pump him and another comp by 4 each, so I'd say that getting a Uruk up to the 19-20 range is pretty difficult.

Dwarves pwn Uruks hands down. Choke + Durin = dead Uruk-Hai + BRC = dead conditions.

And I just realized, elves, if they pack Take Up the Bow, can easily drop the Invincible Uruks and smash the others with archery or pummel them enough for their Orophin and Elven Guardians with SotF to kick in, so really, elves run right CAN pummel Uruk-Hai as well.

Gondor is still pretty hard-pressed to beat Uruk-Hai, but they have a few tricks they can use.

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

June 11, 2008, 01:21:59 AM
Reply #27

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 01:21:59 AM »
Hi,

is anyone except me of the same opinion that Elves - the whole culture - is overpowered (in relation to any other culuture)???
Galadriel Ringbearer with Silver Ewer, Gil-Galad High King of the Noldor, Glorfindel, Arwen, Legolas, and other cards...  :evil:

Elves are the companions which are the hardest to kill - but overwhelm or discard each minion they want! I hate them!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 01:24:05 AM by Olorin85 »
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

June 11, 2008, 08:57:54 AM
Reply #28

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 08:57:54 AM »
Not really. Most of the most powerful strategies can take them down, Lackey, [Men] archery, Corsairs in particular rock at obliterating Elves.

Elf hunters tend to be a bit difficult to beat, but even they can be taken down...Ninja Gollum, anyone?

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

June 12, 2008, 02:09:38 AM
Reply #29

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 02:09:38 AM »
Ninja Gollum has a chance on account of Shelob soaking up wounds and the threats interfering with Rumil/Orophin/Thorongil. When His Loincloth and Her Pincushionfulness join forces, they can do anything! But if all the Shelobs hit the discard pile, oh man, it's over. Gollum won't get a chance to use Incited. Just hope Take Up the Bow doesn't become popular. :-X

I think I'd veinpop the most against IB decks. Dealing with wounding and beatdown are basics, but outright minion discard? In the maneuver phase? Ouch.