LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The future of LOTR TCG  (Read 143308 times)

November 10, 2009, 05:25:03 PM
Reply #45

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
Re: The future of LOTR TCG
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2009, 05:25:03 PM »
Someone asked if I am willing to head this up. Well, I am, but I know I will need help, and I know people who could be a big help. As has already been mentioned, having the support of TCC will be huge!
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

November 10, 2009, 08:47:15 PM
Reply #46

Ranofer

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2009, 08:47:15 PM »
I'm willing to offer whatever support I can.  I'm glad to see this finally taking form.  Put me in the art team or the design team :)

November 10, 2009, 09:13:58 PM
Reply #47

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2009, 09:13:58 PM »
Good to see some activity on this thread from some of those better known on these boards. Gives me (us) hope that this is not a waste of time. Discussing the idea of a PC is frustrating at times if nothing happens, but it is still sharing ideas, and hopefully generates interest amongst more and more players.

I suspect many people out there want this, but many are too scared to jump in, or to commit too much because they fear they are stepping on someone elses toes or lack faith that they are the right person for the job.

As MidnightLich has already mentioned - Star Trek is already well established and growing rapidly. They have alot of information we can use and learn from. I have attached a link to the Star Trek website that shows the organisation of their teams. Whilst the games are different I am sure the model is still relevant.
http://www.trekcc.org/orgchart.php

We are starting to generate a list of people that are willing to help - because it is starting to expand.

TheJord - can you edit the first page of this thread to list those most interested in helping out.
* TheJord, Kenddrick, Menace64, Thranduil, Ranofor, MidnightLich, chompers

You can count me in - i am not sure in what capacity - but i know i can help in some way.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 09:20:34 PM by chompers »

November 10, 2009, 10:52:09 PM
Reply #48

Ranofer

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2009, 10:52:09 PM »
Just to show you guys that I am taking this project seriously (at least as part of the design team) I've gone ahead and created a high res template for the dwarven (non-companions).

Here's a small look at it: (this is just a small version, not the 300 dpi version)

In time we'll want to fix some of the errata in the game and rather than completely throw out those cards, we could instead print half card slips in order to make those cards useful.  This is down the road I'm sure, but might as well start getting ready.

I've spoken with the boys over at SWCCGPC and they are more than willing to assist in any way they can.  They were a little surprised that this was actually getting off the ground, but now that they have seen a big interest they are willing to offer what support they can.  Guess we'll be needing some art, and banners, eh? :)

November 10, 2009, 11:54:47 PM
Reply #49

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2009, 11:54:47 PM »
But it would be great if the support for this was wider, and more experienced players involved.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

November 10, 2009, 11:58:30 PM
Reply #50

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2009, 11:58:30 PM »
But it would be great if the support for this was wider, and more experienced players involved.
If this gets off the ground first, then the experienced players will find out and join in.

Nice image Ranofer! My attempts to do the same were much worse! ;) Also not sure if we're allowed to post stuff like that on these boards, but never mind...

Thranduil

November 11, 2009, 02:36:44 AM
Reply #51

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2009, 02:36:44 AM »
I got word from JW that he will at least check back TLHH in a few days.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

November 11, 2009, 03:14:54 AM
Reply #52

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2009, 03:14:54 AM »
Hey Ranofer - Awesome template - so glad there is someone out there with the skill to do this. Can you put all the templates together (if you have time?). That gets one of the jobs out of the way. Would you be willing to distribute them if you finish them all?

I have a program that creates dream cards for Star Trek. Someone on the Star Trek boards made it. With these templates perhaps someone with programming skill could make a similar program.
http://www.trekcc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2490

Also heard from Smeagollum - says he'll take a look on Saturday. Hope he likes !! ;D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 03:19:32 AM by chompers »

November 11, 2009, 06:20:37 AM
Reply #53

Kenddrick

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2009, 06:20:37 AM »
I got word from JW that he will at least check back TLHH in a few days.

Who is JW? JW Cornelius?

November 11, 2009, 06:59:18 AM
Reply #54

Kenddrick

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2009, 06:59:18 AM »
Hi all, I have found some LotR: TCG websites. The Fierce TCG one seems active. MAybe we can unite them all and get something going. :)

http://www.fiercetcg.com/
http://www.lotr.ee

November 11, 2009, 07:29:02 AM
Reply #55

Sete

• Information Offline
  • Scout
  • Elessar
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2009, 07:29:02 AM »
Well, as a graphic designer I'm willing to help Ranofer over there. And regarding the typefaces used in the whole decipher Lotr tcg, I think I can handle it ;D

Cheers!

November 11, 2009, 08:48:56 AM
Reply #56

Ranofer

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2009, 08:48:56 AM »
I was unsure about the exact rules about posting, but considering it's not a dream card, nor does it use anything but the symbol Decipher had (who lost the license), I didn't think there would be too much problems.

I'll gladly work on the other templates, but I really don't know about putting it into a Mass-Creation bit of software, I've done work on SWCCG templates as well and I don't think I'd be willing to throw those into a mass-edit style software either.

And here's why.  We the PC, should have the best templates, and while I don't claim to be able to make the best, or have the best, I haven't seen any better yet.  What the PC does with creating new cards are adding "legal" cards to the game.  I'm not really all that interested in spawning a revolution of dream cards.  Sure they look great but 99% of the time they are unbalanced.  The main reason to have these templates is so we can fix some of the problems of the last set, not put Luke Skywalker in the LOTR world :P

I've got most of the Fonts figured out now as well, but I didn't want to post a completed V-card until I had some more time to think about it.

Maybe I'm out of line, but in some ways, while I really like your board, and how it's laid out, perhaps the new PC needs their own board?  It's kind of hard to recruit to a single topic on some other board, easier to send them to a new site/forum where we can sort of spread out and unpack ;)

And kudos to you Kendrick, get out there and publicize!  I'm hoping to get some signatures or at least banners done in the coming days.

November 11, 2009, 10:13:11 AM
Reply #57

Kenddrick

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2009, 10:13:11 AM »
I sent this email out to Fierce TCG. Hopefully I didn't say anything wrong or make anything up. :)

Hello there my fellow LotR: TCG friend!

My name is Kenddrick and I am from The Last Homely House forums. Recently, things have started picking up on setting up a player commitee in order to give the game a "future". Well, where do I start?

We have already contacted the Chairman of the SWCCGCC, and they have already agreed to let us join up with them and offer us whatever help we need. Some of the ideas already in progress are: Creating a monthly newsletter, and form a Player Commitee to take this game furthur.

I am inviting you guys at Fierce TCG to join us, and we are sure that we would benefit from whatever that your players and you can offer. We at The Last Homely House are seriously dedicated to creating a future of LotR: TCG and hope you and your players would help us and participate in all aspects, ranging from setting up the Player Commitee to important decision making.

Do drop by http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums and join us!

We hope to see you on the forums soon! Oh, and help spread the word as well!

Cheers,

Kenddrick

November 11, 2009, 11:32:38 AM
Reply #58

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2009, 11:32:38 AM »
Well put young Kenddrick, well put indeed.

November 11, 2009, 11:49:50 AM
Reply #59

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2009, 11:49:50 AM »
I put up a similar message on boardgamegeek.com's lotr forum
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned