LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: My availability and plans...  (Read 529 times)

June 15, 2008, 11:33:15 AM
Read 529 times

Kralik

My availability and plans...
« on: June 15, 2008, 11:33:15 AM »
Well, things are heating up in the Kralik household and it looks like I might not have as much time to spend on TLHH as usual. I say might because even in the times when I am trying to cut back I find myself gravitating toward my LotR-related hobbies more than I typically expect. :roll:

• My wife is now past her due date and is ready to "pop" at any moment! This will be our third child, and once the baby is born, things will be quite busy. We have two boys and this one is supposed to be a girl (the doctors were not quite sure).
  • My brother's wife just gave birth to her baby last night, a son named Oak (really). The problem is... her due date was in September. :-\ I'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers for my new 2 pound 14 ounce nephew! We are going to visit them today.
  • My other two brothers just bought a new house and are moving in this weekend. My sister, my aforementioned brother and his wife are/were moving into my brothers' old house. They need lots of help!

Once/if things settle down, here's a list of projects that I'll be working on, more or less in order:

• Update the Lackey LotR plugin and write some comprehensive tutorials
  • Update and release my Decklist Builder-->Lackey deck converter
  • Fix the old CC child boards to display correctly
  • Write some stickies of useful online LotR resources and links
  • Set up a store/shop mod on TLHH to make use of gold
  • Finish the LotR card database! This includes proofreading the indexes, adding the missing promos and adding RF's and oversized cards. Of course, proofreading is an ongoing project, but I would at least like to see all of the cards in there. I will need scans of the newest promos if anyone has them.
  • Write an advanced search engine for the LotR TCG DB.
  • General website and forum maintenance.

As you may or may not know, my real job is as a teacher and computer technician for a local high school. Last week was my last week of school! I have no plans to work over the summer... but family responsibilities must come before TLHH. :)

June 15, 2008, 12:11:50 PM
Reply #1

CarpeGuitarrem

• Information Offline
  • Lord
Re: My availability and plans...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 12:11:50 PM »
Congratulations, first of all! Take all the time you need. Family responsibilities definitely trump TLHH.

I'll be looking forward to the Decklist Builder, will it convert to .dek or .txt?

June 15, 2008, 02:04:49 PM
Reply #2

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 02:04:49 PM »
Quote from: CarpeGuitarrem
Congratulations, first of all! Take all the time you need. Family responsibilities definitely trump TLHH.

I second that. Get your ducks in a row, and we'll see you afterwards. The place will still be here, I promise. :mrgreen:

I'll be praying for your new nephew. Being a "premiee" certainly doesn't mean what it used to with the advances in modern medicine, but all the same, I'm sure it's a scary time. All the best to you and your family.
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

June 15, 2008, 03:57:15 PM
Reply #3

Kralik

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 03:57:15 PM »
Thanks! I'll still be around, at least until my own baby is born... just with less time.

I'll be looking forward to the Decklist Builder, will it convert to .dek or .txt?

I already have one that works with .txt -- PM me if you want it. :) Moving to .dek since it is more capable. I love Decklist Builder as a program, and since it can natively save to SdA's file format, I can use it to build decks to use for either SdA or Lackey.

June 18, 2008, 05:07:52 AM
Reply #4

Shieldmaiden

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 05:07:52 AM »
Wow, I will be praying for your little nephew Kralik, and I hope that all goes well with your wife's labour and delivery.

June 18, 2008, 06:06:14 AM
Reply #5

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 06:06:14 AM »
1 Peter 5:7...all I can say really....God cares for you, so turn all your worries over to him
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

September 04, 2008, 09:12:55 PM
Reply #6

Kralik

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 09:12:55 PM »
Thanks GE. :)

I just wanted to give you all a heads up and let you know that I won't have as much time to be on TLHH for the next couple o' weeks. In fact, I think that as of today I hadn't so much as opened the site for around 10 days. I'll try to pop in and check PM's every so often, but I have work and family business that are quite pressing.

Convenient that I was killed while absent! :P

Rest assured that I will eventually get some new cards up in the DB. Malachi has been working hard on the RF's for sets 15-18... after that, I think we'll have them all!