LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Ideas for The Hunters Strategies and Decks  (Read 4827 times)

November 23, 2009, 10:37:28 AM
Read 4827 times

ununtrium

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Ideas for The Hunters Strategies and Decks
« on: November 23, 2009, 10:37:28 AM »
I came really late to the game (a year ago, to be exact) and I collect mostly, since I have hardly any time to play the game and there no people in my area who play or even know about it.

From a collector's point of view, I am very intrigued by Hunters Block because of its scarcity. Also, since the card pool is rather limited, I thought that it would make a good starting point for playing the game.

So, I have hardly experience with the game, but would like to get a thorough understanding of this block.

In posting here, I hope I can foster some interest in this block from a player's point of view. Card strategies and deck ideas would be greatly appreciated and added to the thread.

I would like to make this into a growing thread, i.e. develop it into some sort of reference tool for anyone who is interested in playing this block.

As I understand it, many people believe (and I think they are right!) that this block is quite overpowered compared to the other blocks. That is why it would be interesting to see how the block would work on its own  ;)

With the FotR league being a success (I do regret not having the time right now to participate, although it would be the perfect opportunity to get into the game from the ground level upwards), it would be great to have some sort of reference for the time, when we (hopefully) get to the point of starting a Hunters league. Also, it would be great to have some sort of information pool for any possible features in future issues of our lotr tcg magazine.  

I would like to focus on The Hunters for now to keep things simple. Also, maybe we could simulate how it would have been like, when the sets first came out. Back in the day, you would have started out with just The Hunters in the Hunters Block environment. That way we could also understand better in what way the following added to the game play in that block.

Maybe I am preaching to the choir doing this or there is no real interest since most players do not really play Hunters block (Judging from the frequency of posting, this seems to be a niche forum...). However, the more people chime in, the better it would be. And it would be great to play-test on GCCG, as well.

In any case, it annoys me that people seem to regard this block rather as an investment or trophy to be collected rather than for its game-play merits.

So, below I would like to collect ideas, strategies and suggestions for decks. Based on my rudimentary knowledge I have come up with a couple of ideas for deck themes. Please let me know what you think of them and share any ideas and knowledge you have. Thanks  :up:

Free Peoples Deck Themes:

- Three Hunters

- Dwarven Token

- Elven Archery w/ Aragorn "love interest"

- Ent Tank

- Hobbits & Smeagol

- Roaming Rangers

I finally got the ball rolling with my ideas about a hunter rangers deck. See the thread in this forum.

- Heavily "followed" Rohan Valiants

Shadow decks would be great, too. Now, which ones go well together with which fp sides?

Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:49:50 AM by ununtrium »
I am a Lieutenant Commander on the G.A.B. Saffron team. My trade lists:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/forums/index.php/topic,3255.0.html
http://www.tradecardsonline.com/user/ununtrium

December 27, 2009, 02:11:59 AM
Reply #1

ununtrium

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Re: Ideas for The Hunters Strategies and Decks
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 02:11:59 AM »