LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: For all players  (Read 7972 times)

December 08, 2009, 05:37:42 PM
Read 7972 times

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
For all players
« on: December 08, 2009, 05:37:42 PM »
I have been enjoying running the League, but now I would like to get some feedback from our 24 players (I dont count)

So, just how competitive do we want this League to be?

Do we like the current setup, people meet up and play as and when they like, or do you want a more structured League, with fixtures or a timetable?

Do we want prizes awarded? Would you be willing to pay to stay in the League? Or would you make donations of cards to make prizes possible?

I really want the League to stay strong, but I sense people are already getting anxious to move to the next block. Obviously as we open up new blocks, it means multiple Leagues, standard, block etc
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

December 08, 2009, 05:49:51 PM
Reply #1

Sete

• Information Offline
  • Scout
  • Elessar
Re: For all players
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 05:49:51 PM »
Yep. That would be awesome. Specially a more structured league! About the prizes, I'm not sure if donating money to get money prizes will me a good idea because, per example, I am a very new player to this and I am 100% sure I wouldnt win in the end... Like me there are many others that are having free fun here.

But in other hand, donating a rare card or so for the winners is not a bad idea...

Having multiple leagues can be very hard to manage, specially for you, with all the results, timetables, fixtures, and so on...

December 08, 2009, 06:37:58 PM
Reply #2

MuadDib85

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 06:37:58 PM »
I would not be against throwing in some cards for prize support if that's what everyone wants to do, although I don't think I would pay money to stay in the league.

With scheduling I like it how we can just meet up and play whenever, rather than have set times for games. 'The Summer Tournament' seemed to fizzle because of timezone differences.. but if the majority of people want to have scheduled games then count me in.

I am still enjoying fotr block at the moment as I was not around when it was first released.. so seeing everyone's decks and trying to build new decks has been fun. I am also looking forward to any TTT or Towers Standard leagues that may start. ;)

December 08, 2009, 06:46:22 PM
Reply #3

inzilzor

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 06:46:22 PM »
I would not be against throwing in some cards for prize support if that's what everyone wants to do, although I don't think I would pay money to stay in the league.
me too. i would donate some rares and some common and uncommon foils.

structured league it is.

stick to fotr for a moment.. if it is stable then go to next block.

December 08, 2009, 06:48:35 PM
Reply #4

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 06:48:35 PM »
I know what you are saying Sete, when the League opens up to TTT block, that makes 3(!) possible Leagues to run

With a structured League, I doubt there would be fixtures of one player versus another, probably just a cap on the number of results you could submit.

I am looking for foil copies of Support of the Last Homely House if anyone has them

December 08, 2009, 07:08:48 PM
Reply #5

flad_nag

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 07:08:48 PM »
how about this guys:

1- let's have structured tournament for the FOTR.  Wherein there is specific playerA vs. player B schedules.  We can't probably be too strict on the time table due to time constraints.

2- let's have a new table list like example below:
    flad76, flad76@yahoo.com, availability: every night 10PM to 12MN (Manila time)

3- players can send instant messages or email to his opponent on when can they play.  then we post results here.

4- do we need to reset the standings right now for the structured league?

December 08, 2009, 07:10:27 PM
Reply #6

HawkeyeSPF

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 07:10:27 PM »
If you need somebody just to compile results for a league, I'm willing to help out in that way.

I went through my trade rares and found 10 from FotR Block and another 5 from TTT Block that I can contribute as prizes. I'm sure I can find more, just need more than a few minutes to sort it out. I'm also willing to throw some money in the pot if that's a route you want to go.

I know I'm not playing in the league, but I think it's really great that there is at least something going on to keep this game alive and bring it back in some form.

Looked for some foil Support of the... but I don't have any - sorry TJ.

December 08, 2009, 07:11:49 PM
Reply #7

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 07:11:49 PM »
Yeah HawkeyeSPF the only place I can find it at the moment is that dreaded findacard on Ebay.

And you have given me an idea to start a League team within the PC... Thranduil helps me with results because if I am gone for more than a day there can be dozens to report.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 07:14:05 PM by TheJord »

December 08, 2009, 07:18:53 PM
Reply #8

HawkeyeSPF

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 07:18:53 PM »
Yeah, but that's a good problem to have, right? (the dozens of game reports, not the findacard seller)

December 08, 2009, 07:21:18 PM
Reply #9

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 07:21:18 PM »
It certainly is, but as MidnightLich said it means putting in at least 1/2 hours a day just to update that table, and we are only on FotR block!

December 08, 2009, 09:00:35 PM
Reply #10

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 09:00:35 PM »
My opinion differs from everyone else so far but...

I prefer an unstructured league. I really dislike having to schedule a game against someone when there are many people who are available to play whenever I want to. I don't want to pay and I don't care about prize support as I don't use real cards anyway.

December 08, 2009, 09:29:22 PM
Reply #11

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 09:29:22 PM »
I also would prefer unstructured. I am enjoying just playing whenever and whatnot. I suppose if we wanted prizes I could get a few fotr rares and/or foils to donate, but not cash.
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

December 08, 2009, 11:07:49 PM
Reply #12

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 11:07:49 PM »
Unstructured works best for me as well, as I can not guarantee that I'm around at all times. Now I just log in and see whether people want to play. I can donate cards as pricesupport, maybe even some foils ;-)
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

December 09, 2009, 01:52:42 AM
Reply #13

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 01:52:42 AM »
Indeed, I never played more LotR than just recently. The fun part is, yesterday I played vs someone from my own country, without knowing it. He had never heard of this site, so I introduced him to this site. Often more than 10 people around, that is great. This is the best thing that has happened to the game for a long time!
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

December 09, 2009, 03:46:08 AM
Reply #14

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 03:46:08 AM »
Hmm i don't like the idea of a structured league cause i just get on when i can
as for prize support, if enough people want it ok but i think it's fine the way it is.
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned