LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Resources needed for LotR: TCG website  (Read 13950 times)

January 04, 2010, 05:24:08 PM
Read 13950 times

Kenddrick

Resources needed for LotR: TCG website
« on: January 04, 2010, 05:24:08 PM »
The website is almost done! All I need is resources to fill them in!
If you guys got any of the following, please do post them here, or submit them via PM or email to me!

-Images (Banners, Promotional Images, Random LotR:TCG pictures, Photos of you guys playing LotR: TCG..the list goes on)

-Articles (Try to keep them to FOTR first, but you can feel free to submit whatever article you want. They can be taken from another site, but please quote the source, or they can be self-written.)

-Links (Download links to GCCG, Zorbecs. Direct link to the file/installer itself will be the best though.)

-Decklists (Submit your favourite decklists, and include how they work and I'll include it in!)

Let's get things going! :D

January 10, 2010, 04:47:23 AM
Reply #1

Kenddrick

Re: Resources needed for LotR: TCG website
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 04:47:23 AM »
24 views and no one's gonna help out? How's the PC website going to start, let alone the PC? :(

January 10, 2010, 07:14:38 AM
Reply #2

Smeagollum

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 07:14:38 AM »
give me
24 views and no one's gonna help out? How's the PC website going to start, let alone the PC? :(

Give me a week and you'll get some deck's.

By the way you can also find a lot of decks on decktech!

January 10, 2010, 07:55:07 AM
Reply #3

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 07:55:07 AM »
I'm working on it.

January 10, 2010, 07:59:27 AM
Reply #4

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 07:59:27 AM »
I've written 1 deck focussed article. I'm also working on articles about different ways to use your collection, like Cube drafts, rotisseries etc. Will let you know when I have some finished products!

Thranduil

January 10, 2010, 11:56:14 AM
Reply #5

Smeagollum

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 11:56:14 AM »
Well here's one article;)

The One Ring, The Great Ring
Frodo, Little Master

Well the choise for this combo is obvious: Make Frodo as strong as needed to be to survive!

Starting:
Merry, Resolute Friend
Pippin, Steadfast Friend
Boromir, Destined Guide

Fellowship:
Legolas, Skeptical Guide
4x Gandalf, Wise Guide  
4x Strength In My Blood  
Sam, Loyal Friend
Sting, Elven Long Knife
4x A Dragon's Tale
2x Scouring of the Shire  
4x Everyone Knows  
4x Hope is Kindled
Blade of Gondor, Sword of Boromir
Gimli, Lord of the Glittering Caves
Shadowfax, Greatest of the Mearas
Aragorn, Thorongil
Anduril, Flame of the West

The Fellowship is basicly focused on Merry and Pipin. I start with them and Boromir (if he has his sword he can protect them). If Pipin doesn't get strong fast enough with the tales then I just discard them so that I can use Merry's abillity. This version of Aragorn is in against Hunters. Anduril to have a possible play of site on 2 to 5 and 5 to 6. I also can use Aragorn in combo with Legolas (exert Aragorn to give exertions to minions and then kill them with Legolas in the Archery; I can also use A dragon's tale for this). Hisk is in to remove burdens and give a hobbit a strengthbonus. Sting is in so I'll be able to remove threats. I hate it when my opponent plays an event so to prevents this I've got Gandalf. His horse gives extra vitality and give an option to remove burdens. Sam is for fun (actually Great Elf Warior would be better, but this one has more resistance when he's not the RB; which can be usefull against some minions). Gimli is in to complete the fellowship. I use this version, because there's no other Gimli which fit in this deck and this version works also against Lurkers. I knows give aextra strength to unbound hobbits and to Pipin even 2 extra strength.  Scouring of the shire prevents my tales from being discarded by the shadowplayer(S).

Shadow:
4x Grima, Servant of Another Master
4x Bill Ferny, Agent of Saruman
3x Throne of Isengard
4x Saruman, of Many Colours
1x Radagast Deceived
3x Pallando Deceived
3x Alatar Deceived
3x Staff of Saruman, Fallen Istar's Stave
4x Ulaire Nertea, Dark Horseman
4x Ulaire Toldea, Dark Shadow

Alternative Shadow:
4x Grima, Servant of Another Master
4x Bill Ferny, Agent of Saruman
3x Throne of Isengard
4x Saruman, Agent of the Dark Lord
1x Radagast Deceived
3x Pallando Deceived
3x Alatar Deceived
3x Staff of Saruman, Fallen Istar's Stave
4x Lurtz, Halfling Hunter
4x Fury of the Evil Army

Yes, two versions of shadow. Actually both are based on controlling the assignmentphase. Which gives me the possibillity to assign the skirmishes which makes the chance of winning the skirmish greater. I use the wizard conditions because they are very strong against Rohan and Gondor and when the throne is on table they become very scary. It also makes sure that you can play expensive minions and still have a lot of assignments. Also Pallando deceived and saruman's staff are very nice against opponent's wizards (if they use wizards). Grima is in to prevent the fellowship from using annoying abillities and it gives an exertion.
Before I go Further I'll explain the choise for radagast deceived, because a lot of people think this is lame, which is not. I use sites which makes sure that if opponent has a wizard in play he will heal and the rada's very dangerous. Assinmentcontrol is also very usefull against FS with alternate rb.

When I use the Nazgul it gives me more control on the assignmentphase. When I use them then saruman of many colours is in to weaken the opponent so I can win skirmishes.

When I use Lurtz then I also use Fury of the evil army and Saruman agent of the dark lord, so that I'm able to control sites or discard a follower. saruman makes sure that I gonna win the skirmish with Lurtz or with Saruman himself. Also this Saruman is nice with Radagast Deceived.

I actually make sure that 3 sites (hobbit heal site, heal all companions and heal or exert on resistance) are allwys in and one not (I like to use abbilities;))! The other 5 sites depends on my mood, but most times I use the site which gives archery for comps above 4, Mount doom, the river with 4 as shadownr. The site which allowes me to exert a minion to exert a comp. And finnaly a site with which I can discard a fs-condition or a site which prevents fs from moving in region 2 (wounding) or a site which gives burdens if a fs moves after the regroupphase (after region 1). Sorry don't have the enery to look the sites up ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 02:28:11 PM by Smeagollum »

January 11, 2010, 05:48:48 AM
Reply #6

Kenddrick

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 05:48:48 AM »
At this point in time, my hard drive has crashed and I'm trying this on a new computer. Rest assured that by a week's time, all of you will be able to see a new and improved draft on the website. :)

Update: I've redone the front page. Preview image will be up as soon as my regular image hosting site stops being anal.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 07:11:08 AM by Kenddrick »

January 12, 2010, 07:33:15 AM
Reply #7

sharkey

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 07:33:15 AM »
I'll help with a deck list, just the shadow:

3x Orc Butcher
4x Orc Scouting Band
2x Orc Soldier
4x Orc Assassin
4x Orc Ambusher

4x Under the Watching Eye
4x Orc Bowmen
2x Mordor's Strength
2x Hate
2x A Host Avails Little
2x All thought bent On it

The focus of this deck is un-blockable wounding. It doesn't matter whether you win skirmishes or not, you are going to do a LOT of damage, especially to bigger fellowships.

Get your conditions out, wound with various events and conditions, win skirmishes if you can and make it harder and harder for them to heal. Eventually it will get to the point where they have 9 exhausted companions, and for site 9 you play Anduin Banks (or in Fellowship block, Tol Brandir for your Scout Troops)... combined with 4 Orc Bowmen and 1 Orc Soldier (14 archery), they lose most of their companions and get their ringbearer killed either in a skirmish or by woundig corruption.

An added bonus is not having to worry about abilities that are activated by exerting, like Aragorn, RotN.

Other card possibilties:
Another Orc Butcher, Spies of Mordor, Siegecraft
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:29:50 AM by sharkey »

January 12, 2010, 08:48:53 AM
Reply #8

Kenddrick

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 08:48:53 AM »
Okay thanks a lot for the decklists! Website will be done soon! It's already on the way! :)

January 16, 2010, 11:33:11 AM
Reply #9

Kenddrick

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 11:33:11 AM »
Progress so far (click the thumbnails to see):

Note that the actual page is much clearer than shown in the pictures!

And those who submitted articles/decklists, I will put them in as soon as I think of a sub-template to use for articles and decklists! :)

Note: The links are working! Just KEEP REFRESHING the page if any errors.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 11:42:49 AM by Kenddrick »

January 16, 2010, 01:11:43 PM
Reply #10

Ranofer

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 01:11:43 PM »
I like what you're doing Kenddrick.  As for hosting I can look into it as well and it won't include other people's banners :)  I'll talk to some friends of mine that host other things and see what I can come up with for us hosting-wise.

January 16, 2010, 01:37:41 PM
Reply #11

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 01:37:41 PM »
looks good. i'd be very interested to see what you can come up with ranofer.

perhaps the pc website once established can be used for discussing and planning strategies for the PC, whereas general discussion about the game can occur at TLHH. that way these message boards will become less cluttered with talk that some may not want to see.

January 16, 2010, 04:37:24 PM
Reply #12

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 04:37:24 PM »
@Kenddrick: Do you need any people to translate the webpage?
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

January 16, 2010, 07:33:11 PM
Reply #13

Kenddrick

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »
@Kenddrick: Do you need any people to translate the webpage?

Well, I don't understand. :(

January 16, 2010, 08:51:27 PM
Reply #14

Kenddrick

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 08:51:27 PM »
Added these two pages in today. If anyone can fill in "Standard" and "Open" for me I'll be very happy! :)

Again, refresh if any errors viewing.

January 16, 2010, 09:16:03 PM
Reply #15

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 09:16:03 PM »
The mainpage is in english. To reach as many player as possible, I thought it could be translated in common languages.
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

January 16, 2010, 10:48:24 PM
Reply #16

Kenddrick

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 10:48:24 PM »
The mainpage is in english. To reach as many player as possible, I thought it could be translated in common languages.

Ah that would be great. Let me finalize the webpage before I pass it to you for translating! Thanks a lot! :)

January 17, 2010, 02:11:44 PM
Reply #17

Smeagollum

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »
Ken, maybe this info would also be handy (for new players) on the website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings_Trading_Card_Game

January 18, 2010, 05:18:04 AM
Reply #18

Kenddrick

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 05:18:04 AM »
Guys, do keep in mind that what I am actually doing is just a template for the website. The content, such as articles and decklists, will be submitted by you guys. YOU, the players of the PC, will decide what content goes into the site. :)

January 18, 2010, 05:58:32 AM
Reply #19

Smeagollum

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 05:58:32 AM »
Guys, do keep in mind that what I am actually doing is just a template for the website. The content, such as articles and decklists, will be submitted by you guys. YOU, the players of the PC, will decide what content goes into the site. :)

Then if nobody disagrees this should go in as information/introduction of the game.

January 18, 2010, 08:06:17 AM
Reply #20

Kenddrick

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 08:06:17 AM »

I was thinking of something along these lines: "When Decipher called an end to the Lord of the Rings: Trading Card Game in 2007,......."

And then we would talk about how the remmants of the committee came together to form a PC and continue the game. :)

What are your thoughts?

Then if nobody disagrees this should go in as information/introduction of the game.

January 28, 2010, 07:44:40 PM
Reply #21

Kenddrick

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 07:44:40 PM »
The article section and templates are now done! I even got an article written by Sharkey up!

Tell me what you guys think!

January 29, 2010, 02:07:03 AM
Reply #22

Smeagollum

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 02:07:03 AM »
when will the website come live?

January 29, 2010, 05:34:02 AM
Reply #23

Kenddrick

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 05:34:02 AM »
First things first, I have already got an offer from an online card seller to host it in exhange for ads. Also got another offer as well from Ranofer as well.

Then, when the first draft of the website is complete, I will post them up here for everyone to approve of the content. If you guys want any changes then I will make them. :)

So finally when everything is done and the website is ready to go live for the very first time, I will then contact the sponsors and then it will be up on the WWW! :D

January 29, 2010, 09:55:13 AM
Reply #24

Jerba

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 09:55:13 AM »
will the site be able to use Kraliks card db to reveal cards when we roll over the name? I love that feature.

January 29, 2010, 11:12:46 AM
Reply #25

Kenddrick

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 11:12:46 AM »
will the site be able to use Kraliks card db to reveal cards when we roll over the name? I love that feature.

Well I guess not. I'm just creating a website using the website maker. What I can do is to hyperlink the card name, so when you click on it, the card image from TLHH will show in a new window. :)

January 29, 2010, 11:51:02 AM
Reply #26

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 11:51:02 AM »
The website looks great!  Nice Article also Sharkey.

March 29, 2010, 01:46:32 PM
Reply #27

Kenddrick

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 01:46:32 PM »
As I speak our website sponsor is taking a look at the layout of the website and deciding where to place the ads. Things look good at the moment. Cheers!

March 30, 2010, 12:50:19 PM
Reply #28

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2010, 12:50:19 PM »
The website looks great!  Nice Article also Sharkey.

How can I find it?

March 30, 2010, 02:32:47 PM
Reply #29

Kenddrick

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2010, 02:32:47 PM »
You can take a look at previous SS of the website. But when its live, you can see it in it's full glory. :D

March 31, 2010, 05:27:04 AM
Reply #30

Smeagollum

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2010, 05:27:04 AM »
Is it up yet (Maybe a link)?

March 31, 2010, 07:29:35 PM
Reply #31

CategoryOneGames.com

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
    • CategoryOneGames
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2010, 07:29:35 PM »
Um, what happened, why can't we see anything anymore?
Visit www.CategoryOneGames.com for LOTR and Star Wars Singles, Boxes and Starters.

April 27, 2010, 05:02:08 AM
Reply #32

Legosmurf

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 05:02:08 AM »
Hi,

Tell me what kind of graphics you need and I'm willing to work on them. I'll need to know what is needed though without having to read through every post ever made on this subject;-)

H.
"There is no problem that can't be solved by a disciplined Cardassian mind....or a firing squad!"

April 29, 2010, 07:09:36 PM
Reply #33

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2010, 07:09:36 PM »
Odd, I don't see any of the pictures supposedly that were in Kendrick's posts. What happened?  ???
A wizard is never late...nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.