LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Domain name of our PC website?  (Read 7745 times)

March 30, 2010, 10:01:21 AM
Read 7745 times

Kenddrick

Domain name of our PC website?
« on: March 30, 2010, 10:01:21 AM »
Our sponsor has said that the following sites are available. Which one would you guys prefer?

lotrpc.org
lorttcg.org
lotrplayers.org
lotrtcgplayers.org
lordoftheringspc.org

If you guys got any suggestions, just post them here! :)

March 30, 2010, 10:55:56 AM
Reply #1

Jerba

• Information Offline
  • Villager
Re: Domain name of our PC website?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 10:55:56 AM »
is lotrtcgpc.org not available? if not I vote for lotrpc.org

March 30, 2010, 11:14:35 AM
Reply #2

HawkeyeSPF

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 11:14:35 AM »
lordoftheringspc.org would be perfect - the star wars pc changed their domain name recently from swccgpc.com to starwarsccg.org - who among those just coming back to the game would think to go to swccgpc.com? starwarsccg.org makes much more sense - they always knew the game as star wars ccg, not swccg - maybe they abbreviated it that way, but they'd say it out the long way.

anyway, having "lord of the rings" in the domain name makes it easy to remember if you see it on a flyer or something.

March 30, 2010, 12:45:48 PM
Reply #3

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 12:45:48 PM »
I agree to Hawk. Absolutely.

April 02, 2010, 01:53:19 AM
Reply #4

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 01:53:19 AM »
I think keeping it simple is best, so I would have to agree with Hawkeye.

April 08, 2010, 11:27:40 AM
Reply #5

CategoryOneGames.com

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
    • CategoryOneGames
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 11:27:40 AM »
Message bellow from our Web Host Neal Razi - Owner of Decktech.net and web designer.

Ok, i have looked through the files.  I don't really know what to say.  It's a nice looking website, but a very far reaching one with nothing implemented. Decklists and all sorts of neat stuff, but none of it programmed in.

I'll get it up as soon as I can get the domain and a free 2 hours or so

Visit www.CategoryOneGames.com for LOTR and Star Wars Singles, Boxes and Starters.

April 08, 2010, 11:44:17 AM
Reply #6

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 11:44:17 AM »
This is another example of everyone doing their own thing.
-wtk

April 08, 2010, 11:19:06 PM
Reply #7

Smeagollum

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 11:19:06 PM »
I don't mind any name as long it is clear that it's about lotr tcg and a pc.

@Hawkeyespf shouldn't it be Lordoftheringstcgpc.org in your reasening?

April 09, 2010, 03:43:59 PM
Reply #8

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 03:43:59 PM »
whatever it is just needs to be easily remembered and type-able....I really wouldn't want to type out thelordoftheringstradingcardg amedatabase.com, but lotrtcgwiki.com is just fine.  As far as hawkeye's point, I think google is still going to be used when finding it, so the name doesn't need to be expanded or contracted beyond what is needed for comfort and remembrance.

my personal vote would be lotrtcgpc.com
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

April 10, 2010, 12:56:36 AM
Reply #9

Smeagollum

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 12:56:36 AM »
I really wouldn't want to type out thelordoftheringstradingcardg amedatabase.com

Come on... would be fun :D

April 11, 2010, 12:15:57 PM
Reply #10

CategoryOneGames.com

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
    • CategoryOneGames
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 12:15:57 PM »
This is another example of everyone doing their own thing.
-wtk

How so, he is working with Kenddrick on it?
Visit www.CategoryOneGames.com for LOTR and Star Wars Singles, Boxes and Starters.

April 12, 2010, 01:21:29 PM
Reply #11

Faelach

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 01:21:29 PM »
Well, all....
I typed in the url for the proposed website and saw a banner at the top that said "coming soon".

Here's too hoping it's true! ;)

-bjw
Do not take dragons lightly.  They are heavier than you think.

April 13, 2010, 03:11:39 PM
Reply #12

CategoryOneGames.com

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
    • CategoryOneGames
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 03:11:39 PM »
Guys we really need to put a hold on this until we get an okay from Decipher.  I've been talking with Scott on the PC site and Decipher has been heavily involved here recently.

We can't go on with this unless we have an okay with them and until that is done, we can't have the website up.  That would violate their property that they own and something we could get in trouble for.

I don't know if anyone has talked to Warren yet about the LOTR PC but before this goes any further we need to.  I'd be willing to unless someone else here is already in discussion with him about it. 

April 13, 2010, 04:08:43 PM
Reply #13

Smeagollum

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 04:08:43 PM »
Guys we really need to put a hold on this until we get an okay from Decipher.  I've been talking with Scott on the PC site and Decipher has been heavily involved here recently.

We can't go on with this unless we have an okay with them and until that is done, we can't have the website up.  That would violate their property that they own and something we could get in trouble for.

I don't know if anyone has talked to Warren yet about the LOTR PC but before this goes any further we need to.  I'd be willing to unless someone else here is already in discussion with him about it. 

I don't mind if you talk to him. I actually want somebody to talk to them. I thought TheJord had contact, but I'm not sure.
Must say that I'm a bit suprised. Can't see what they can do against another website about a product they don't sell anymore. Allthough they might have problems with using cardpictures (Carddatabase) and playing with an unsanctioned tool: gccg. That might be a reason that they have been heavily involved. So as long as we don't do those things then it should not be a problem. But as mentioned: I'd like their approval so we can do all the cool stuff.

April 13, 2010, 07:09:59 PM
Reply #14

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 07:09:59 PM »
It really depends on the content of the website. If it just has articles, decklists and comes across as a fans website i wouldn't foresee any problem (I could be wrong - but i don't think that this site or Cobra cards or other sites have Decipher approval). At the same time, if the website offers nothing new that TLHH already offers what is the point of creating it.

The issue is if the website states or does things that need approval from Decipher. Things that might be an issue include modifying cards, issuing v-cards, modifying rules, issuing an up-to-date CRD, etc. None of those things should be in place or even mentioned on the new website when it is launched. If they are, the site is travelling of dangerous grounds.

Decipher has contacted TheJord and said they would consider a LOTR PC, but not before April this year. That time has arrived, but nothing is in place as far as organisation and overall leadership. Until that happens, there is probably no point contacting Decipher.

Just my 2 cents.