LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Semi-budget Elvent Telepathy <--- Totally dies to corruption  (Read 7966 times)

April 11, 2010, 02:02:27 PM
Read 7966 times

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Semi-budget Elvent Telepathy <--- Totally dies to corruption
« on: April 11, 2010, 02:02:27 PM »
So here's a rather budget-y Elvent Telepthy I made. As the title says, it totally dies to corruption, so I didn't bother adding resistance cards because it's gonna die anyway. Instead I decided to make it semi-decent against wounding.

Freeps (34)

Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Elladan, Son of Elrond
Elrohir, Son of Elrond

Elrond, Witness to History
Círdan, The Shipwright x2
Gandalf, Manager of Wizards
Legolas, Of the Grey Company
Sam, Son of Hamfast

Elven Bow x3
Hadafang x2
Nenya, Ring of Adamant x2

Still Needed x4
Attunement x4
Forearmed x4
Uncertain Paths x2
A Grey Ship x2

Glimpse of Fate x2

Woodhall Elf, Exile

Shadow (34)

Uruk Blitz x2
Army of Uruk-Hai x3
Uruk Zealot x2
Squad of Uruk-hai x4
Uruk Invader x4
Uruk Desecrator x3
Brawling Uruk

Furor x2 (can't get Ghastly wound)
Strange Device x3

Our Foes are Weak x4
Shingle in a Storm x4
Tempest of War x2

So this is it. This is my first attempt at a full Elven deck ever, so it's pretty amateur-ish. The idea is to make your elves pretty big to win skirmishes. Lots of skirmish events that you take back and take advantage from putting them on the top of your Draw Deck. Elrond is the main beatstick here, mainly because I don't wanna spend money on Glorfindel. The elven bows work for two pruposes: a little archery support with Legolas AND a healing support when using A Grey Ship.

Shadow would be some sort of Resistance Uruks with Strange Device to cycle a bit.
That's all. Suggestions, opinions are all welcome. This deck is real cards, so please realistic suggestions to the deck.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 04:37:43 PM by Yanko Markovic »
"To ask if Orcs "are" Communists is to me as sensible as asking if Communists are Orcs." - JRR Tolkien, regarding his "allegory".

April 11, 2010, 02:33:55 PM
Reply #1

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Semi-budget Elvent Telepathy <--- Totally dies to corruption
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 02:33:55 PM »
Hey, that's actually a very good idea! I didn't think of it!

But what do you think about the deck itself? It's pretty amateur, so I need suggestions.
"To ask if Orcs "are" Communists is to me as sensible as asking if Communists are Orcs." - JRR Tolkien, regarding his "allegory".

April 11, 2010, 02:53:21 PM
Reply #2

Ishmar

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 02:53:21 PM »
I think a copy of Brooding on Tomorrow will add a free discard condition
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 02:55:09 PM by Ishmar »

April 11, 2010, 02:58:31 PM
Reply #3

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 02:58:31 PM »
Yeah, thought about it, but there's only one copy of Gandalf, and the combo would be rather difficult to pull out.

Sam is definately a must in this deck. Gonna change to The Ring of Rings. The only problem is that even with that, I can't get Ewer so I don't know if it's worth it to use Sam and TRoR. It would be still very weak to corruption.

April 11, 2010, 03:18:45 PM
Reply #4

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 03:18:45 PM »
There, changed it. I'd cenrtainly love to use Brooding on Tomorrow and Narya, but I'd need to take out some stuff, and I don't know what to take out.

EDIT: Added a Shadow side. Please let me know what you think of it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 05:41:14 PM by Yanko Markovic »

April 11, 2010, 05:42:28 PM
Reply #5

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 05:42:28 PM »
People, heeelp please??

April 11, 2010, 07:25:33 PM
Reply #6

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 07:25:33 PM »
You'll want an extra Elven Bow in my opinion. The Splendor of Their Banners would be nice, but that'd require Galadriel with the TTT Ring for extra exertions, which may not be wise.  Archery is solid, my concern would be their winning skirmishes. 

Attunement and Still Needed with Cirdan, Elladan and Elrohir is nice, but some Elven Sword may help, or other melee Elven weapons. There's one that makes minions weaker with each wound they have, consider that if you're going archery heavy. It seems a lot of your companions won't have weapons, not sure myself if you want to add them or not...have you playtested the deck>
A wizard is never late...nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

April 11, 2010, 07:42:37 PM
Reply #7

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 07:42:37 PM »
Thanks Mythdracon. In fact, skrimishes are supposed to be this fellowship specialty. Sure, there are only two hand weapons, but there's 14 skirmish events, 4 of them which get back on top of your draw deck, which actually assures me to have one for every skirmish in this fellowship. If I happen not to have it in that moment, Elrond helps and there's cycling. Also, if you look, 3 of my companions have strength adding/lowering abilities. There's also Glimpse of Fate, which with Gandalf helps a lot.

Anyway, my main concern now is the shadow, mainly because it relies too much on conditions, and I fear Sleep, Caradhras and Grown Suddenly Tall, among many others there are in Expanded.

I've considered changing this to Standard and replacing Forearmed with Final Shot, but I don't know...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 07:52:43 PM by Yanko Markovic »

April 11, 2010, 09:12:44 PM
Reply #8

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 09:12:44 PM »
I think Forearmed will be more reliable if you can manipulate what cards appear on top of your deck. A friend of mine ran Sauron, Lord of the Rings in his decks and used Forearmed to assure victory. XD

For the shadow--yeah, there's not much you can do to prevent conditions being removed. You could try having the Uruks not use conditions, and cards like Tempest of War to instead wipe the Fellowship slate clean of conditions (because it should give you dominance). But otherwise I'm not sure. I have tons of Uruk cards and I'm not sure how to make an uber deck out of them, though I did make a Suffered Much Loss deck once, and an Uruk Resistance deck....not sure how strong they are though.
A wizard is never late...nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

April 12, 2010, 12:34:07 AM
Reply #9

Ishmar

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 12:34:07 AM »
Sam, Son of Hamfast is x-listed in expanded ;)

April 12, 2010, 12:53:40 AM
Reply #10

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 12:53:40 AM »
take out the legolas and add a second gandalf, then you can add cards like glamdring, foe-hammer and brooding on tomorrow

and Sam, Soh is x-ed in expanded
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

April 12, 2010, 01:24:46 PM
Reply #11

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 01:24:46 PM »
Ok.

If I used only Tempest of War, I could not use its effect at all. It only works with low resistance companions, and unless with Bloodlines Isildur (which nobody runs), there would not be any companions at all to use Tempest of War. I need OFAW if I want to use it.

April 14, 2010, 02:46:08 PM
Reply #12

leokula

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 02:46:08 PM »
Elven telepathy has been my fave deck since forever and I've played with it over and over and over and ... :)

A few considerations:

- You should start Glorfindel and Arwen... Glorfindel is simply amazing against Nazguls and fits your theme better than the brothers. Plus, he might be cheaper :) I run the brothers in an all event deck with like 20 events.
 - I know it's a budget deck, but one loose Gandalf in your 60+ draw deck is just not going to be drawn... just to give you an example, I run 4x him PLUS 4x Alliance Reforged and sometimes the old man still takes some time to come to my hand. If I had only one MOW and couldnt get another one in any possible way, I think I'd start him and play more copies of the other elven companions. He's simply KEY in this deck.
 - Drop Legolas; You could add either another Elrond or a reflections Gil Galad.
 - By the way, drop the bows too... forget about archery in this deck. You could replace them for Seclusion or Company of Archers for some condition discarding... never play elves without condition discarding, they're the best at it.
 - You'll want Glimpse of Fate early. I'd play with 3 AT LEAST (I play with 4x in my deck).
 - I think you could drop one Hadafang for one FOTR Phial of Galadriel. Will help against corruption.
 - Arm Gandalf with a Glamdring and / or the FOTR staff.

The Uruk shadow is just where it's at... I like to play 4x Tempest of War, I think it's a must, but it's up to you.

April 14, 2010, 03:06:33 PM
Reply #13

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 03:06:33 PM »
Wow, thanks lot leo... First, some of the cards ideas you gave me were awesome. Company of Archers is indeed amazing, and I just never thought about the Phial! It's so obvious xD

Glorfindel... hhmm, yeah, he's cool, maybe I'll find a few bucks to use him, like MoW.

I suppose you mean Arwen, DoE?

So the bros, Legolas, the bows and grey ship are gone. That'll give space for some of your suggestions.

April 14, 2010, 03:36:50 PM
Reply #14

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 03:36:50 PM »
Just to clarify, let's say you're Uruks and you use Tempest of War to discard all conditions--it'll definitely clear the current Free People's Player's conditions (i.e. your opponent's). Will it also clear your (inactive) fellowship's conditions?

April 14, 2010, 07:34:14 PM
Reply #15

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 07:34:14 PM »
No. It'll only clear the FP's conditions and my Tempest of War (in this case).

April 15, 2010, 09:18:13 AM
Reply #16

leokula

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 09:18:13 AM »
Wow, thanks lot leo... First, some of the cards ideas you gave me were awesome. Company of Archers is indeed amazing, and I just never thought about the Phial! It's so obvious xD

Glorfindel... hhmm, yeah, he's cool, maybe I'll find a few bucks to use him, like MoW.

I suppose you mean Arwen, DoE?

So the bros, Legolas, the bows and grey ship are gone. That'll give space for some of your suggestions.

no problem :) my pleasure.

I play with Arwen, Fair Elf Maiden or Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men. First one helps a lot with many shadows (plus the AI picture is amazing) and second one, even thought she looks like can only be played with archery decks, is indeed a beast... cause you'll always resolve her skirmish last, this way all those other wounded minions from other battles will help her beat down the one minion she's skirmishing.