LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Elven Archery / Glimpse of Fate - Twilight Corruption ____ Need Pointers  (Read 14700 times)

April 17, 2010, 10:01:50 AM
Reply #30

Faelach

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Well, the goal is Elven Archery.  To mow down the opponents minions.  Aegnor and the others are in there so I can survive when the archery doesn't work (which happens alot).

Gil-galad is great, but I would have to add other cards just for him...  Any suggestions there?

I'm trying to think of ways to maximize the archery while also having a fully functional skirmishing Fellowship.

Glorfindel is great.  I wish there were more archer companions, though for the start...
Do not take dragons lightly.  They are heavier than you think.

April 17, 2010, 11:27:39 AM
Reply #31

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His

April 17, 2010, 12:37:42 PM
Reply #32

Faelach

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
I modified the deck list in the first post to reflect the deck as it stands now...  Let the discussion continue.

Thanks for that, Ket! It provides some pretty good insight.

I wasn't really shooting for a complete Glimpse of Fate deck.  It was more so meant to be an archery deck with Glimpse of Fate thrown in to provide some skirmishing power to combat the minions that make it through the archery.  That is why I use Elven Sword.  It does not require the addition of an extra companion, but can be used to lose initiative.  It also helps a lot (along with Nenya) in cycling, which is vital as this is a larg-er deck.

That deck does look nice, though. It's just not what I was shooting for (pun intended).

That being said, does anyone have ideas on any changes I could make to have a more effective FP side?  I don't have much experience building archery decks, so anything is welcomed.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 12:51:34 PM by Faelach »

April 17, 2010, 06:10:51 PM
Reply #33

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Well, if you want to go archery, go archery.

If you want to go Glimpse of Fate, go Glimpse of Fate.
-wtk

April 19, 2010, 09:20:24 AM
Reply #34

Faelach

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
I do want to go archery.  My question is whether anyone has any advice (or maybe even a decklist) on how to make the Freep side more effective.