LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Galadriel Lady Redeemed in Movie Block  (Read 21823 times)

June 29, 2010, 02:21:22 PM
Reply #30

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Galadriel Lady Redeemed in Movie Block
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 02:21:22 PM »
- He can't cycle evenst without the need of adding pool for them

Well...Barliman Butterbur, Prancing Pony Proprietor...
-wtk

June 29, 2010, 02:27:33 PM
Reply #31

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2010, 02:27:33 PM »
- He can't cycle evenst without the need of adding pool for them

Well...Barliman Butterbur, Prancing Pony Proprietor...
-wtk

That is not cycling that is getting them from discard pile :) and again you need to add specific cards to do so. Gandy is indeed very powerful but try to add "Gandy support" to a deck and you will come to the conclusion you need at least one third of the deck space to be filled with gandalf culture cards, which doesn't pump Gil-galad, Cirdan or Legolas, GL directly.

Some combos like gandalf, MoW with elven telepathy also annoys me. That for me is the only case where he is unbalanced, coincidence or not its on an elven deck...

June 29, 2010, 03:26:35 PM
Reply #32

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 03:26:35 PM »
Dudes, I was not really serious about banning Gandalf ;)

Although I stand behind of what I said about cheap and powerful events. I'm just expressing my annoyance about losing with a good shadow because of heavy Gandy support.

Make any deck you want from any culture you want. If you're missing something, Gandy can provide. ;)

It's all ok, Gandy is mostly a support character, but I think that 3 cards are too powerful: Grown Suddenly Tall, Sleep, Caradhras and Saruman's Power. You can see the connection.

I think that it's way too powerful to have 1 card discard all. It's simply not fun. Is there any non-condition based shadow without a copy of Grima and Saruman's Power?
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

June 29, 2010, 06:55:29 PM
Reply #33

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2010, 06:55:29 PM »
Dudes, I was not really serious about banning Gandalf ;)

Although I stand behind of what I said about cheap and powerful events. I'm just expressing my annoyance about losing with a good shadow because of heavy Gandy support.

Make any deck you want from any culture you want. If you're missing something, Gandy can provide. ;)

It's all ok, Gandy is mostly a support character, but I think that 3 cards are too powerful: Grown Suddenly Tall, Sleep, Caradhras and Saruman's Power. You can see the connection.

I think that it's way too powerful to have 1 card discard all. It's simply not fun. Is there any non-condition based shadow without a copy of Grima and Saruman's Power?

Not one of mine's ;)  Wait! I Have a Dunland deck that doesn't run Saruman's Power!

June 30, 2010, 12:49:37 AM
Reply #34

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2010, 12:49:37 AM »
Not one of mine's ;)  Wait! I Have a Dunland deck that doesn't run Saruman's Power!

Hah, but it runs Too Long Have These Peasants Stood! I forgot about that one. That makes 4 cards that are simply not fun and too powerful for their price.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

June 30, 2010, 06:31:15 AM
Reply #35

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2010, 06:31:15 AM »

Hah, but it runs Too Long Have These Peasants Stood! I forgot about that one. That makes 4 cards that are simply not fun and too powerful for their price.

It don't! Well at least in the original version, i have an experimental deck with it :)

June 30, 2010, 07:03:12 AM
Reply #36

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2010, 07:03:12 AM »
I see hrchos point. You can't run a Dwarven condition deck without Feared Axeman in movie. I tried that, but if you get hit by Saruma's Power... go die. But again, the whole thing is getting very meta-specific, and as for Grow Suddenly Tall or Sleep Caradhras, I also like to have some conditions in play, e.g TMayoD, so I don't think it's too hard. Or not as strong as Saruman's Power, as Uruks don't rely on conditions really much.

Oh, and I think that 5 twilight is pretty much for Grow suddenly tall, AND it discards the conditions in Fellowship Phase, so you still can get hit by some strong conditions during Shadow Phase.

Just my two cents.

June 30, 2010, 10:29:41 AM
Reply #37

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2010, 10:29:41 AM »
If you remove cards like Grown Suddently Tall from the game, shadow sides will with conditions will be too strong. The two most condition-based shadows have cards to deal with that anyway, Dead Marshes for [Sauron] and Host of Moria for [Moria].

Saruman's Power is the best card you can use to get rid of The Shire Countryside x4. If you uwant to use it, it makes your deck weaker because you'll use less conditions and if you splash it somewhere else with Grima, it uses card slots that may not be useful at all during the game.

Galadriel, LR is 10 times stonger than Grown Suddently Tall and all the other stuff you mentionned for reasons that have been mentionned before.

June 30, 2010, 10:49:26 AM
Reply #38

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2010, 10:49:26 AM »
I'm totally on board for banning Gandalf, along with wargs and Shelob.  Since both minions are unhygienic and give me nightmares.

Anyway, since this is about the 586732083745th thread we've devoted to this topic,  I believe that it's something of a tradition for someone to mention errata at this point.

So what do you guys say?  I propose once a turn during the fellowship phase.
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

-Dave Barry

June 30, 2010, 11:00:15 AM
Reply #39

Pepi

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2010, 11:00:15 AM »
Or perhaps discard an event with twilight cost 2 or more. Yours errata is better, though.

June 30, 2010, 11:16:47 AM
Reply #40

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2010, 11:16:47 AM »
As an errata, I would suggest to remove her twilight cost -3 when she is in the starting fellowship. Then you can make her other line (once per turn) or something like that.

Cirdan also need an errata, something like (limit -5).

June 30, 2010, 11:56:02 AM
Reply #41

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2010, 11:56:02 AM »
oh, no it starts again... just don't use LR. Movie Block is cool as it is. Don't change it. I like discussing some strategies, but just leave Movie Block as it is.

Amen.

June 30, 2010, 12:27:55 PM
Reply #42

putridbreath

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2010, 12:27:55 PM »
oh, no it starts again... just don't use LR. Movie Block is cool as it is. Don't change it. I like discussing some strategies, but just leave Movie Block as it is.

Amen.

Praise the Lord!
In my play circle we have a gentleman's agreement to not use her and making/memorizing errata becomes a headache--seriously.

June 30, 2010, 04:02:30 PM
Reply #43

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2010, 04:02:30 PM »

Amen.

And this "gentlemen's agreement" is the reason that we don't need a PC.
-wtk

June 30, 2010, 07:41:38 PM
Reply #44

jcb213

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2010, 07:41:38 PM »

Amen.

The problelm with this is that if you are running a tournament, there really can't be a "gentlemen's agreement."  Either a card is legal for a tournament or it isn't.  If a card isn't banned, then it is perfectly legal for a tournament and there is no recourse if someone plays that card.  That's the whole reason I brought this up, since I am running an official tournament (the one at SW worlds).  We decided to go ahead and officially ban her for that specific tournament.

For a casual game or playgroup, a "gentlemen's agreement" is fine.