LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Rate this Deck: Knights/ Easterlings  (Read 4559 times)

August 13, 2010, 01:21:02 AM
Read 4559 times

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Rate this Deck: Knights/ Easterlings
« on: August 13, 2010, 01:21:02 AM »
Ringbearer and the One Ring:
Isildur, BoH
The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles

Sitepath:
Steps of Edoras
West Road
Base of Mindolluin
Anduin Banks*
Pelennor Flat*
Minas Tirith Sixth Circle
Osgiliath Crossing
Cross Roads
Dagorlad

Free Peoples (30):
1x Ingold (start)
1x Denethor, LoMT (start)
1x Aragorn, CoG
1x Turgon, MoB
1x Faramir, DoO
1x Sam, SoH
1x Garrison of Gondor
1x Alcarin, WoL
1x Strong and Old
1x Catapult
4x Sixth Level
4x Fifth Level
4x Fourth Level
1x Stone Tower
1x Citadel of the Stars
3x Gondor Bow
2x Knight's Mount
1x Last Throw

Shadow (30):
2x Discovered
4x Small Hope
2x Ships of Great Draught
4x Easterling Polearm
4x Easterling Captain
4x Easterling Lieutenant
3x Easterling Guard
3x Raider Bow
4x Easterling Army

Well, it's not my Deck, it's one from my friend, but anyway, I posted te Shadow side just to show you what Shadow side it is, so please don't comment to it as I already made a topic here. This is just a 30 cards version of it, mainly to add 2 Burdens with Small hope, then add some more with Easterling Lieutenant and Easterling Guard and finish them off with Easterling Captain and Easterling Army. Ships of Great Draught recycles to cards you don't need and gives you back Easterling polearm or whatever you want. Raider Bow is there to use Easterling Captain 's ability to the max.

As for Freeps, it's a very obious Knight Deck, I start Ingold and Denethor, mainly because Ingld can heal and Denethor then grabs at Site 3 whoever you want. I'm not sure if playing Bse of Mindolluin os a good idea, maybe Beacon of Minas Tirith to use Denethor to the max. Bid 0 and go second, being able to control the Sitepath and then outrun them with Last Throw.

P.S.: I add Polls to my topics just because it makes the whole thing more concrete.

Witchkingx5

August 13, 2010, 04:04:19 AM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Rate this Deck: Knights/ Easterlings
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 04:04:19 AM »
No Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth? Only one Catapult? You could stand to have some healing in that Fellowship. Maybe some Sapling of the White Tree and at least one Scroll of Isildur. The deck could stand to be a little bigger, so another Gondor Bow with Narsil, Blade of the Faithful, a Footman's Armor (or Coat of Mail) for Isildur, and a few copies of Sapling of the White Tree might be a good idea.

I know I have said it before, but I think Gollum, Stinker support in an Easterling deck is clutch. I would remove an Easterling Army and an Easterling Lieutenant and add Gollum, Stinker and Evil-Smelling Fens. As I said before, the deck could stand to be bigger (especially with Catapult cycling) so a few Captured By the Ring and Vision from Afar might be better than Ships of Great Draught.
-wtk

August 13, 2010, 04:14:02 AM
Reply #2

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 04:14:02 AM »
Sapling of the White Tree seems like a good idea to me although more as Shotgun Enquea protection than healing, I have Gorn, Ingold and Alcarin which are all great in healing. And I have sancutaries which I usually don't skip.

I actually like the 30/30 ratio, it makes me draw a each card at least in 90% of all games. Especially the shadow, which is pretty Combo-heavy, is very ncie at 30/30. But I'll add those Gollum cards, though.

One Catapult seems like pretty enough to me, I don't need much cycling and I have lots of good fortifications. And the Problem about Imrahil is, that I already have 9 good comps that I all need pretty much. Maybe I could drop Faramir, DoO, but i need my Sam as Corruption protection. That's why I didn't include Scroll of Isildur in it.

But giving it a 3? A similar Deck to this was at the Worlds day 2 where most Decks had Lady Redeemed & Co.

August 13, 2010, 08:01:00 AM
Reply #3

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 08:01:00 AM »
Only 1 copy of Last Throw seems of no use since you will have or to keep at hand until you got a chance to triple or you may even not draw it in time when you need it.

Your freps is heavy condition based (like knights usually are) but i miss the artifact heavy support that counts for a lot of Gondor deck strenght. I think that run more than 5 companions without have any protection againt Greed, Enquea and their crew its a bit too risky. I would stick with the best 5 companions plus sam and maybe another one in case someone gets killed. I would remove some extra companions to put more copies of the main ones and add stuff like Scroll of Isildur, Narsil, Sapling of the White Tree and even Anduril (if you put more copies of Aragorn there).

Easterling are ok, i just miss Red Wrath on there. It does an awesome combo with the bow nd it is nice to kill annoying peple like Cirdan or someone with an "triple st to overwhelm kind of armor".

a 30/30 deck with many key cards that have only 1 copy is heavy vunerable to discard. I think 32/32 or 33/33 fits well on this kind of deck.

August 13, 2010, 08:30:32 AM
Reply #4

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 08:30:32 AM »
True, discard is really annoying against this Deck. But against which Deck is it not?

One copy of Last Throw is usually ok in a 30/30 Deck, even though the possibility of drawing it early can be bad sometimes, I usually have it before I triple-move. I may change the comps to 5 and add some artifacts, but hat would be another Deck. This one can toss comps easily and has lots of Swarm protection, as it can face Beatdown pretty easily. Greed may hurt, as may Enquea. But still, even with a few comps down, this Deck has lots of possibilites.

Red Wrath? I usuallywon't have enough twilight to make purpose of both Easterling Captain and Red Wrath, plus, the other minions all exert to use their abilites...

August 13, 2010, 09:35:41 AM
Reply #5

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 09:35:41 AM »
I would've given it a 3.5 but the option wasn't there. I think 30/30 is too small and you use Turgon over Imrahil.

There wasn't enough Ring-bearer protection and I wasn't thrilled by the shadow without Vision From Afar and Gollum. If 3 is average, it's a 3.5.
-wtk

August 13, 2010, 09:44:08 AM
Reply #6

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 09:44:08 AM »
ok, accepted ;) Maybe the Deck was so good in the Meta back thne, when cards like Saruman's Power haven't been played at all...