LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Pipeweeds.....Hate and Anger  (Read 5068 times)

September 16, 2011, 12:22:55 AM
Read 5068 times

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
Pipeweeds.....Hate and Anger
« on: September 16, 2011, 12:22:55 AM »
Well I believe this is my first post in the Fellowship of the Ring Block. Since I started using GccG I have grown quite fond      of playing the earlier formats. Here is a deck I'm attempting to build and perhaps play someday. Any help would be appreciated. As Always decklist followed by a strategy.

Bearer and Ring:
*The One Ring, Isildur's Bane (1R1)
*Frodo, Old Bilbo's Heir (1R289)

Fellowship (34):

1x *Gimli, Dwarf of the Mountain-race (2P121) (start)
1x *Legolas, Greenleaf (1R50) (start)
1x *Aragorn, Heir To The White City (3R38)
1x *Gandalf, Friend of the Shirefolk (1R72)
2x *Barliman Butterbur, Prancing Pony Proprietor (1U70)
1x *Ottar, Man of Laketown (1R80)
1x Bounder (1C286)
3x A Wizard Is Never Late (1R87)
4x Delving (1C6)
4x Servant of the Secret Fire (1R83)
1x *Aragorn's Bow (1R90)
1x *Aragorn's Pipe (1U91)
1x *Frodo's Pipe (3U107)
1x *Gandalf's Pipe (1U74)
1x *Gimli's Battle Axe (1R14)
1x *Gimli's Pipe (3U2)
1x *Ranger's Sword (1U112)
1x *Sting (1R313)
3x Longbottom Leaf (1C300)
4x Old Toby (1C305)

Idea was basically to get a deck that could cycle well and still survive until the shadow got its turn. Delving was the first thing to come to mind so for that needed a dwarf (not much to choose from so went with Gimli). AWINL is a great way to get cards out of your deck so went with a little Gandalf Idea, and Archery is always a plus in FOtR block. After choosing my companions I noticed they all had the frodo signet and thought what runs of signets in FotR block and wow pipeweeds. They can heal your Legolas and Aragorn who are exerting to kill each turn, peel your burdens as well. Basically direct wound with Aragorn's bow and Greenleaf, Heal with weeds and cycle with AWiNL, Delving, and Ottarman. That should help you get what you need decently fast and had the ability to take a beating until you do :up:.

Shadow (34)
4x Saruman's Ambition (1C133)
1x Saruman's Snows (1C138)
1x They Are Coming (1C196)
4x Hate And Anger (3U53)
4x Goblin Runner (1U178)
3x Goblin Warrior (1C185)
3x Isengard Forger (3C56)
2x Isengard Warrior (3U61)
4x Moria Scout (1C191)
4x Uruk Soldier (1C154)
4x Uruk Spy (1R155)

Idea here is to know what your opponent is gonna do. Archery? Hold that Isengard Warrior when drawn. Are they gonna be able to kill with the ring-bearer via PAtHS or cancel his skirmish with those stealth event? hit emm with Saruman's Snows :up:. Basically filter out the free peoples cards with your free people side and when ready drop a [Moria] minion and an uruk-hai and start drawing to swarm with hate and anger. But wait doesn't that cost [2] to play? That's where Saruman's Ambition comes into play. Get to out and now those events don't take the pool needed to drop those extra minions. Scouts come free when facing an elf, warrior will get rid of that pesky Tharin or Greatest Kingdom of My People, etc.... Runner and Forger add pool to help out the cause. Went with Uruk Spy and Uruk Soldier cause they are just cheap and if the ring-bearer is stupid enough to where the ring, who knows maybe you get lucky and corrupt them. They Are Coming can be used to toss any free peoples cards you draw with Hate and Anger to play more [Moria] minions you tossed to free up your hand or played to do the same.

I was flirting with adding a Palantir and a few goblin man so I could play him exert to sneak a peek at the opponents hand then use palantir to try to get rid of any useful events I discovered. Problem with that was if they have a huge hand and you get unlucky randomly picking cards with palantir there goes precious twilight hurting the swarm. Basically just thought it would be cheaper to just hold saruman's Snows and hope it doesn't get discarded :up:.

Sites
(1) The Prancing Pony (1U324)
(2) Breeland Forest (1U329)
(3) Council Courtyard (1C337)
(4) Hollin (2C119)
(5) The Bridge of Khazad-dum (1C349)
(6) Caras Galadhon (3U115)
(7) Anduin Confluence (1U353)
(8) Gates Of Argonath (3C117)
(9) Slopes of Amon Hen (1U361)

Bid High t start and get Aragorn with the Prancing Pony, other than that just went with sites that seemed to fit the bill the best :up:.

Anyway that is the deck, feel free to leave your feedback as it is always welcomed. Any ideas on how to improve the deck is a plus and will get some serious thought.

Thanks,

NK
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

September 16, 2011, 03:45:01 AM
Reply #1

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
Re: Pipeweeds.....Hate and Anger
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 03:45:01 AM »
More Frodo's Pipe! But I guess Gorn's pipe does the healing trick too once you get everything out. Frodo's pipe is super fun to use after exhausting Aragorn with his bow though.
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

September 16, 2011, 08:11:22 AM
Reply #2

drj0000

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 08:11:22 AM »
i could take a dump on Uruk Spy all day long. Cuz he killed me.

I would also point out that isendgaurd warrior will only ever work to prevent archery spcials if you have 2 out at a time since they are your only isen orcs and you have to spot another isen orc to preven those archery abilities.

September 16, 2011, 02:12:15 PM
Reply #3

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 02:12:15 PM »
i could take a dump on Uruk Spy all day long. Cuz he killed me.

I would also point out that isendgaurd warrior will only ever work to prevent archery spcials if you have 2 out at a time since they are your only isen orcs and you have to spot another isen orc to preven those archery abilities.

Isengard Forger is also an [Isengard] orc :up:.
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?