LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Archery first (Freeps only)  (Read 5743 times)

January 05, 2011, 07:28:54 AM
Read 5743 times

Sweetness 34

Archery first (Freeps only)
« on: January 05, 2011, 07:28:54 AM »
The One Ring AtoR
Frodo(Help in what one to use) :)
Legolas Greenleaf
Arwen QOEAM
Aragorn DoFP
Ranger Sword
Knife of the Galadhrim
The Saga of Elendil
The Last Alliance of Elves and Men
Aragorns Bow
Asfoloth ES
Elven Bow (4U62)
Gwemegil
The Splender of their Banners
Aiglos
The Tale of Gil-Galad
Hobbit Sword

Galadriel KoN
Elrond HtGG
Nenya RoA
Vilya RoA

x2 Gondor Bowmen
x2 Agility
x4 Double Shot
X2 Dagger Srike

So give Legolas Aiglos, The Tale of Gil-Galad, and The Splendor of their Banners and your all set. Archery is the key but Aragorn and Arwen can win skirmishes as well. Galadrial And Elrond are for healing. Thinking of running Goblins to get my stuff out faster. So feel free to tell me what you like and don't like. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

January 05, 2011, 09:07:36 AM
Reply #1

plnp123

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: Archery first (Freeps only)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 09:07:36 AM »
For starters your deck is one card short from being legal, the RB doesn't count in the Freeps card count so you have 29.

Secondly i really think you lack healing, you have a lot of exertions to deal with, and only elrond and Nenya RoA will heal comps.
If you want to keep Frodo as RB you could use Master of Healing and Ring of Barahir, also Shadow Between will remove a wound and help you cycle tour hand.

However ill strongly advise you to ditch Frodo and use Galadriel as RB, then you would have yet another elff who can fire arrows, and with ATaR and Nenya she would be a better option for Splendor of their Banners. Having three elfs could also let you use That is No Orc Horn, that will heal and also liberate a site, something vital in Movie.

Your other strong weakness is condition removal. I would say you have 2 options and some support. The first one is using Secret Sentinels, its useful because you may find many orcs in movie. I would use the other Vilya. That way you can remove conditions and maybe clog an opponents hand.  The third option for cond removal would be using galadriel as RB and Company of Archers, no exeret required

Forn now its all, i may come back to make some other comments about your deck

January 05, 2011, 09:34:02 AM
Reply #2

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 09:34:02 AM »
I'd rather go with 1 copy of Agility and 1 copy of Strength of Arms. Arwen can easily win skirmishes and even Legolas will occasionally be given a chance to win a skirmish. If you won't take Galadriel, BoW as a RB (which could increase your archery greatly if you put Elven Bow and The Splendor of Their Banners on her) I suggest some [Shire] wounding. Best option is PATHS, but Mind Your Own Affairs can also be good, especially since both Greenleaf and Queen of Elves and Men have Frodo signets (you could also switch to Elessar Telcontar and use Frodo, RH because they both also have Frodo signets and Elessar Telcontar can help with healing).

Also, 1 copy of Aragorn is not enough. At least three should find their way into your deck to get him sooner. And if you'll be running Moria shadow along with these freeps you'll find that your deck is too small. You can increase it to 35/35 without suffering any draw troubles. (Under Moria shadow I assume you'll be using cards like Goblin Scimitar and They Are Coming).
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

January 05, 2011, 10:53:17 PM
Reply #3

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 10:53:17 PM »
You need a 5th companion. Typically decks will run exactly 5 or 9 companions.

For this deck, I would recommend Elrond, Venerable Lord.

People have been saying to play Galadriel, but I would disagree. I would actually pack Boromir or Isildur and go Last Alliance. I actually would largely approve of such a play because it gives you access to Hardy Garrison, which is a powerful card.

With this play, you can also use Still Needed, which is an amazing card for initiative manipulation and telepathy.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

January 06, 2011, 12:35:30 AM
Reply #4

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 12:35:30 AM »
I would add more companions...  4 guys out on the board and you dead.  and it's not all that hard to get 4 out...

January 06, 2011, 03:10:25 PM
Reply #5

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 03:10:25 PM »
It's a real-life deck so that means real-life opponents. My best guess is that your meta is not very good if you are 6 and 2.

I'd use Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms who can exert for Gondor Bowmen.

You definitely need more companions and more copies of them too. You have a lot of [Gondor] stuff but only one copy of Aragorn...that spells disaster.
-wtk

January 06, 2011, 06:36:06 PM
Reply #6

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 06:36:06 PM »
In all these 8 games Frodo hasn't been assigned to a skirmish at all.
2 wins is agianst a so-so deck, 3-1 versus a pretty good deck,  and 1-1 versus a great deck. To bad I traded Isilder. Thanks for the advice everyone.

I want to know what is six or seven levels above great.
-wtk

January 06, 2011, 11:05:53 PM
Reply #7

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 11:05:53 PM »
Yeah, there are plenty of decks that would trash this deck, but the fact that he's playing this decktype to begin with makes me think he's wanting a fun deck, and not go competitive.

Otherwise you'd have to go full Manager of Wizards telepathy with the Enquea shutdown package.

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

January 07, 2011, 06:29:51 PM
Reply #8

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 06:29:51 PM »
I like Might of Numenor better, specifically if you start Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms.
-wtk

January 07, 2011, 06:30:03 PM
Reply #9

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 06:30:03 PM »
Without starting a Gondorian? Nope.

As far as if you start a Gondorian, I would make the call based on your shadow whether to pack Might of Numenor or Athelas. Athelas doesn't clog.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:33:13 PM by SomeRandomDude »

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks