LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Naith Longbows and wolves  (Read 6904 times)

January 03, 2011, 10:36:43 PM
Read 6904 times

plnp123

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Naith Longbows and wolves
« on: January 03, 2011, 10:36:43 PM »
my first attempt at TS after a long time -since physical cards-. Ive played 5 times in gccg with just two wins, one freeps one shadow and here it is

RB
Frodo, Courteous Halfling
The One Ring Answer to all Riddles

Freeps 33
Comps:
1 Haldir, Emissary of the Galadhrim (S)
1 Taurnil, Sharp-eyed Bowman (S)
1 Legolas, Archer of Mirkwood
1 Penghedel, Naith Warrior
1 Naith Warband
1 Sam, Son of Hamfast

Allies
1 Elrond, Herald to Gil-galad
1 Galadriel, Lady of the Golden Wood

Artifacts
1 Nenya
1 Vilya

Possessions
4 Elven Sword
4 Naith Longbow
1 Long-knives of Legolas
1 Bow of the Galadhrim
1 Hobbit Sword

Events
3 Company of Archers
3 Flashing Steel
3 Supporting fire
3 That is no Orc horn

Shadow (33)
Minions
4 Isengard Rider
4 Isengard Scout Troop
4 Warg-master
1 Sharku, Warg-captain
4 Foul Horde

Possessions
3 Isengard Scimitar
3 War-warg
3 Warg
2 Sharku's Warg

Condition
3 Wolf-voices

Events
2 Wolves of Isengard

Sites
Eastemnet Gullies
Plains of Rohan Camp
Barrows of Edoras
White Rocks
Hornburg Parapet
Hornburg Armory
Cavern Entrance
Nan Curunir
Caverns of Isengard

You surely want to start bid 1 or 2 to get eastemnet gullies and pop Lego. Then give everyone a bow and a sword and win skirmishes with plenty of events. It has a good condition removal engine, Company of Archers and vilya would get the job done. I use company instead of secret sentinels to avoid over exerting elrond and have some nice healing in regroup.
 It also heals pretty good with archer of Mirkwood winning skirmishes, elrond, that is no orc horn and another elf every turn with galadriel.
Corruption may be a problem since sam is the only protection, i could add the phial but don't know what to remove.
It can cycle pretty good using swords ands Nenya

perhaps using Thonnas, Naith Captain may be a good idea but i only see him instead of Penghedel

On the shadow side, the goal is to capture a plain site to use Wolf-voices. I think its not very difficult for a warg rider to reach regroup with good vitality, even if the skirmishes were lost.
 My only idea to improve the shadow side may be adding saruman's power but again, cant find anything to change

I hope you could give me advice and surely i will take care this thread more than my one in movie, i have way more faith in this deck

January 04, 2011, 05:26:51 AM
Reply #1

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
Re: Naith Longbows and wolves
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 05:26:51 AM »
Both work well in Towers I guess, especially the Naith Elves, since they can't run into Corsairs. Dunland is a threat though. Maybe cut a Wolf-voices to add a scimitar, especially when you get some sites, you will like the extra pool for your minions, since the wargs don't come cheap.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

January 04, 2011, 06:35:14 AM
Reply #2

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 06:35:14 AM »
I'm thinking Defiance (1C37) would be a much better choice than Flashing Steel as it requires no exertion and has a nice bonus against Nazgul who are quite tough in TS.

Also, how often does Wolves of Isengard get to work. I managed to pull it off only once and it was too late in the game to be of any considerable effect. When I play Warg-riders, my weapon is Foul Horde on Sharku's Warg with Isengard Axe and Wolf Voices in hand. Also, a copy or 2 of Saruman, Servant of the Eye can work wonders to kill of key companions.

What I'm saying is to at least one more copy of Sharku's Warg and at least one more copy of Sharku. His text is great in TS because there are no ARB's and if your opponent isn't playing hobbits-only deck, he gets an exertion. And if he is playing a hobbits-only deck, he's screwed in any case. It's simply beautiful to watch your Foul Horde ripping companions apart and they are helpless against it.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

January 04, 2011, 10:10:23 AM
Reply #3

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 10:10:23 AM »
maybe change hobbit sword to a sting that's towers legal.  just for the little bonus it gives you.

January 04, 2011, 04:47:05 PM
Reply #4

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 04:47:05 PM »
Oh my gosh, I haven't seen the Naith in like.....forever!

I will refrain from commenting, as most of my ideas are Movie Block, not towers.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

January 04, 2011, 08:05:38 PM
Reply #5

plnp123

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 08:05:38 PM »
Well Haszor Sting is in the x-list so is a no go

hrscho, it may be a difficult trick tu pull out. I think the deck right now wins a good number of skirmishes in Shadow, since its somewhat achery-resistant and also special-ability-resistant. HAvinf just two Wolves of Isengard makes it a nice addition.
On the other hand i need another sharku, perhaps my cycling can manage to get a 34 size. But other than removing Voices, I cant see another way to get Saruman in there...
About the events, i was using Forearmed but apart form the wargs, there is nothing expensive enough to make the event work, Another option was Valor but there is only 1 possible wound before skirmish. SO... perhaps Defiance is a better option

January 05, 2011, 04:21:36 AM
Reply #6

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 04:21:36 AM »
In my wargs I don't even run Warg or Isengard Scout Troop. I just keep to the War Warg and Sharku's Warg with my only minions being Foul Horde, Sharku, Warg Master and 2 copies of Isengard Rider. And 2 copies of Saruman, SotE just to spice things up.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

January 06, 2011, 12:25:02 PM
Reply #7

plnp123

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 12:25:02 PM »
Well idropped the 3 wargs two add one more Isengard Scimitar and Saruman, Master of Foul Folk. that way i can get a pretty strong minion. Also i wouldnt drop Isengard Scout Troop, last game it worked very well, not only for wolves of isengard but to add free twilight with scimitar.
After some more games, my shadows weak point is eomer tmor and roll of thunder.
My freeps work nice if they have their possessions.
Finally I've changed Cavern Entrance for Hornburg Wall, ive been stopped twice already with 3 unplayable freeps events on hand