LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The PC isn't dead...  (Read 5157 times)

January 24, 2011, 06:31:05 AM
Reply #15

Manweor

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: The PC isn't dead...
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 06:31:05 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm a long time LOTRTCG player, and just happened to stumble on your site.
I love the game and still play with my friends in a format as open as possible: any card and any site from any block without errata.
I've never played online, but I could contribute, anyway...
That is not dead which can ethernal lie. And with strange eons even death may die

January 24, 2011, 06:56:51 AM
Reply #16

Kralik

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 06:56:51 AM »
Thanks for joining us!

That open format you speak of... it is a dangerous thing. Have you ever heard of... Fruit Loops? :P

Keep enjoying the game! :)

January 24, 2011, 07:20:33 AM
Reply #17

itjunkie

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 07:20:33 AM »
well, i can't contribute much... but i guess making an account in GCCG would be a good start. that's the only way i can contribute for now. hehehe

January 24, 2011, 07:39:30 AM
Reply #18

Manweor

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 07:39:30 AM »
I've experimented a couple of loops, but found them not just boring, but often useless, if the deck you are facing is well-built, with tactics to discard conditions and similar things...
Anyway, I still heaven't read much on this forum, but would it be possible to implement myltiplay with 3 or more players?
Because on the real cards e've ended up playing only like that...
That is not dead which can ethernal lie. And with strange eons even death may die

January 24, 2011, 08:23:25 AM
Reply #19

Tbiesty

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 08:23:25 AM »
Non-Hunters Multipath--is that sets 4-14?
I'd like to get a bit more feedback on the general idea and then I'll start some topics in the other subforums to kick things off.

It's the format my playing group plays.  Here's a link to the definition:  NHM Format

Thanks!

January 24, 2011, 09:31:42 AM
Reply #20

Kralik

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 09:31:42 AM »
I went ahead and sticked it for you. You say it is already in GCCG, or was that just when you were hosting the tables? If you send me the rules file, I could look into adding it.

January 24, 2011, 09:33:37 AM
Reply #21

Tbiesty

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 09:33:37 AM »
I went ahead and sticked it for you. You say it is already in GCCG, or was that just when you were hosting the tables? If you send me the rules file, I could look into adding it.
No problem, I can send the rules file to you.

January 24, 2011, 05:55:22 PM
Reply #22

Kralik

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 05:55:22 PM »
OK, I've started some new threads in the other Straight Road subforums. Check them out and let us know how/if you want to help! :)

January 25, 2011, 06:02:22 AM
Reply #23

Kralik

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 06:02:22 AM »
Incidentally, once there are a few people who want to help on each time, the subforums will be opened to them to start new threads.

January 25, 2011, 06:56:33 AM
Reply #24

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 06:56:33 AM »
Perhaps it is a fine distinction. When I think of committee, I imagine a small group of people making all of the decisions. While I still think we should have some leadership, I envision the rules/designs teams facilitating discussion and leaving the final decisions to the GCCG players as a whole.
To my mind, the cause of fragmentation is still there. For example, players adamant about not banning any further cards may not care if they were on the losing side of the vote. I get that a group/committee can't get everyone on the bandwagon. I'm just afraid that if every player has their own batch of decisions they don't like, the end result could be a compromise that no one wants to touch.

Before things really kick off, I'm just wondering what can be done differently this time, such as supporting multiple formats from the start, or coming up with an end goal (e.g. tournament leagues) to move things along.

January 25, 2011, 07:51:13 AM
Reply #25

Kralik

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 07:51:13 AM »
Walking on eggshells...

I think that

a) The focus should be on creating new formats or new sets that are optional and do not interfere with old sets, but
b) Regardless of the choices made, there will always be people who don't like them.

So let's focus on the positive for the time being. I do not think that banning cards or adding errata would be a good start, unless the GCCG community knows fairly unanimously that a card needs work. One example I could give is Lady Redeemed -- even though she is NOT X-ed in Movie, there is an implicit agreement among GCCG players not to use/abuse her (in fact, she is also on the French X-list). In a case where the agreement is obvious, it could be "finalized." But that should only be done with great care.

Or on the positive side: I like using Frodo, Mr. Underhill (P) because I think it is the best Frodo picture. I don't think it's going to bother any players if we started a poll to see if we could add him as legal to any format that supports Reluctant Adventurer.

If a select committee makes all the decisions, players are going to be angry that they didn't have a full say.
If the whole community makes the decisions, players get to have their say. However, if we only make decisions when there is unanimous agreement, we will never get anywhere.

There should probably be a threshold for a percentage of players agreeing to any change before it is implemented. Perhaps something like 75%-80%.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:52:55 AM by Kralik »

January 25, 2011, 10:39:57 AM
Reply #26

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 10:39:57 AM »
There should probably be a threshold for a percentage of players agreeing to any change before it is implemented. Perhaps something like 75%-80%.
About that (before polls start!), we could definitely consider using a supermajority vote on some polls, as opposed to the usual simple majority. The X/R-Lists are a touchy subject--if changes to them should be made tougher, maybe require a 2/3 majority vote or something.

Also, some previous efforts have the vibe of "We'll vote on this once and set it in stone." Again with the X/R-Lists, if people knew they would be reviewed every few months / as new sets came out, maybe they'd stick around and work for what they want.

January 25, 2011, 11:24:29 AM
Reply #27

Kralik

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 11:24:29 AM »
Certainly everything is flexible. Also, I would suggest that if new cards (virtual or otherwise) would cause old cards to be limited, the new cards should be changed rather than mess with the old.

January 25, 2011, 05:18:34 PM
Reply #28

Legolis

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
    • Legolis's Have/Want list
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 05:18:34 PM »
I know I don't have much say but as for an extremely unknowledgeable watcher and want to player, I like the idea of not messing with the old much instead create new formats. This would keep people from right of the bat fighting things. In return the new formats can be created in any number of ways. Also I didn't know that Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer wasn't allowed, arghhhh have to start over again lol, plus it is a cool pic!

January 25, 2011, 05:29:58 PM
Reply #29

Legolis

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
    • Legolis's Have/Want list
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 05:29:58 PM »
Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer is allowed. Frodo, Mr. Underhill is not.
-wtk

Cool!!! The complexity of it all is madness, this is the kind of game that could take few to get down lol.