LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Gorn Defender - Wargs  (Read 8363 times)

January 25, 2011, 10:25:32 AM
Read 8363 times

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Gorn Defender - Wargs
« on: January 25, 2011, 10:25:32 AM »
So, I just made this deck, and rocked some games with it on GCCG (3-0), and it is very fun to play.

Freeps:

Ring-Bearer: Frodo, Resolute Hobbit + The One Ring, The Great Ring

1 x Aragorn, Heir to the Throne of Gondor (starting)
1 x Smeagol, Always Helps (starting)
4 x Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence
3 x Make Haste
3 x Shadowplay
3 x Unheeded
4 x Home and Hearth
1 x Anduril, Sword that was Broken
2 x Aragorn's Bow, Ranger's Longbow
1 x Knife of the Galadhrim
2 x Daddy Twofoot
2 x Sting, Elven Long Knife
4 x Still Far Ahead
1 x Deagol, Fateful Finder

(32)

I prefer HttToG to WTG, because he is not overwhelmed so easily (and thanks to the Knife of the Galadhrim/Smeagol, AH he is defender +1 too, and potentially defender+2). So, I bounce Pippin each turn with Make Haste (+ Daddy Twofoot), for some healing and massive burden removal with Home and Hearth, and of course for discarding minions. Shadowplay + Unheeded can kill some minions on the spot, and hopefully Aragorn can take care of the rest (in skirmish or with Ranger's Longbow). Smeagol, AH + Unheeded can also take down some minions, but mainly he is here to sacrifice. Thanks to the massive burden removal I have, Frodo can survive skirmishes too with the Great Ring, and he also removes the threats from Ranger's Longbow with Sting, ELK. Normally this deck gives 10-12 twilight a turn and the opponent has to leave 2 or make haste kills a minion. I usually bid 2-3 and go first, starting at Dammed Gate-Stream and pull Deagol.

Shadow Side:
4 x Veteran War Chief
4 x Scouting Orc
4 x Orkish Cavalry
3 x Orkish Veteran
2 x Isengard Underling
4 x Armed for Battle
4 x Relentless Warg
3 x Rider's Gear
3 x Mordor Scimitar
2 x Saruman, Servant of Sauron

(32)

Adventure Deck:

Anduin Banks (0)
City Gates (1)
Osgiliath Reclaimed (2)
Hobbiton Market (2)
Mithlond (2)
Valley of the Silverlode (3)
Dammed Gate-Stream (3)
Caves of Aglarond (3)
Sirannon Ruins (4)

Simple and efficient warg rider shadow, and most importantly, it is not dead against namarie... Jeez, I hate that card...

Any thoughts? Questions? Suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:19:16 AM by Shelobplayer »

January 27, 2011, 01:38:53 PM
Reply #1

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
Re: Gorn Defender - Wargs
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 01:38:53 PM »
Seems to me you could throw Smeagol in and get another easy way to make Gorn defender, as he counts as a Shadow culture.

No conditions otherwise I would recommend Orkish Invader, Goblin Hordes and Unforgiving Depths, but the Wargs look good and mean
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

January 27, 2011, 03:03:01 PM
Reply #2

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 03:03:01 PM »
Seems to me you could throw Smeagol in and get another easy way to make Gorn defender, as he counts as a Shadow culture.

Wait, seriously???
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

January 27, 2011, 03:05:23 PM
Reply #3

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 03:05:23 PM »

No conditions otherwise I would recommend Orkish Invader, Goblin Hordes and Unforgiving Depths, but the Wargs look good and mean

I really wanted squeeze in Smeagol, Deagol and 4 Still Far Ahead at first, but I have to keep this deck as small as I can, because technically I play with 7 cards hand. The freeps is doing just fine as it is, I can usually do 1-3-4-5-6-7-9 with it, and it also clogs my opponent's hand a bit to help the shadow. Is Smeagol really counts as a shadow culture too? (if so, then I may throw in a random condition and start at Dammed Gate Stream)

Btw since I changed shadow from the evil man archery to the current one I haven't lost a game with this. The most problematic cards for this shadow are The Faithful Stone and Spirit of the White Tree, so I may try to add some condition discard.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 03:07:13 PM by Shelobplayer »

March 20, 2011, 04:09:02 AM
Reply #4

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 04:09:02 AM »
I added a small Smeagol package. Smeagol, AH plays well with Sting, ELK and Unheeded, now I don't have to add twilight in the fellowship for playing Anduril, thanks to Deagol, and finally I can avoid Caver Entrance as site 9, and I can get dwellings for Home and Hearth with Still Far Ahead.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:10:35 AM by Shelobplayer »

March 20, 2011, 12:56:35 PM
Reply #5

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 12:56:35 PM »

Ignore this comment, I figured and it made sense to me, but you cannot spot Gollum/Smeagol cards in this manner.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

March 20, 2011, 01:50:54 PM
Reply #6

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 01:50:54 PM »
I know ;)