LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Corrupted DCs  (Read 10351 times)

May 13, 2008, 01:31:03 AM
Reply #15

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
Re: Corrupted DCs
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 01:31:03 AM »
I like all of them, Galdriel could really be nasty and great fun!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

May 13, 2008, 09:42:04 AM
Reply #16

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 09:42:04 AM »
[1] Secret Counsels [Isengard]
Event - Skirmish
Make a corrupted minion strength +3 (or +4 if you can spot a Free Peoples version of that character.)
"'...The hour grows late, and Gandalf the Grey rides to Isengard, seeking my counsel.'"
That looks good. I'm still not sure a strategy of corrupted minions works for me - I envisaged them each as support for a particular strategy or culture - but whatever.

[2]Ted Sandyman, The Miller's Son [Isengard]
Minion - Hobbit
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 8
Corrupted. Lurker. Muster.
When you play Ted Sandyman, you may exert him to replace the fellowship's current site.
Skirmish: Exert Ted Sandyman to make a corrupted minion strength +1.
Not all hobbits were kindly folk, and some willingly aided Sharkey's usurpation of the Shire.
Seems fine.

[2] •Galadriel, Elf-Witch [Elven] SH
Minion - Elf
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Site 6
Corrupted.
When you play Galadriel, you may add up to 2 threats.
Maneuver: Exert Galadriel and remove a threat to add a burden. The Free Peoples player may discard a card at random from his or her hand to prevent this.
"'In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a Queen! Not dark, but beautiful, and terrible as the dawn!'"
Seems good. But I'd like something like on your Saruman which requires her to be played only after the fellowship has been a little corrupted.

[2] Treacherous as the Sea [Elven] SH
Event - Maneuver
Exert a corrupted minion (or spot Galadriel) to add [1] for each burden you can spot.
"'All shall love me and despair!'"
Seems fine.

Thranduil

May 13, 2008, 11:22:42 AM
Reply #17

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 11:22:42 AM »

Event - Skirmish
Make a corrupted minion strength +3 (or +4 if you can spot a Free Peoples version of that character.)
"'...The hour grows late, and Gandalf the Grey rides to Isengard, seeking my counsel.'"
fine

Minion - Hobbit
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 8
When you play Ted Sandyman, you may exert him to replace the fellowship's current site.
Not all hobbits were kindly folk, and some willingly aided Sharkey's usurpation of the Shire.
fine

Minion - Elf
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Site 6
Corrupted.
Maneuver: Exert Galadriel and remove a threat to add a burden. The Free Peoples player may discard a card at random from his or her hand to prevent this.
"'In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a Queen! Not dark, but beautiful, and terrible as the dawn!'"
nice

[2] Treacherous as the Sea [Elven] SH
Event - Maneuver
Exert a corrupted minion (or spot Galadriel) to add [1] for each burden you can spot.
cut cost to 1
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

May 14, 2008, 08:10:01 PM
Reply #18

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 08:10:01 PM »
Well, looks like people have already figured out *most* of my upcoming minions....
A few of those (ie, Theoden) I hadn't actually thought of. I threw together a Theoden real quick that I think is pretty good, and I'll get him up soon enough. For now, I'm just making a few minor modifications on the ones above, and posting a new batch.

There's a reason why I made the Frodo and Sam [Gollum] culture, mostly being that I really wanted to see more [Gollum] minions. Actually, that Frodo was what got me started on the the corrupted minions in the first place....

Okay, for the next four, including one minion that you might or might not have seen coming: Ted Sandyman.

Event - Skirmish
Needs a slightly higher cost or less of a bonus

Minion - Hobbit
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 8
Nice!

Minion - Elf
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Site 6
Corrupted.
To play, spot a burden or two threats.
Maybe add a threat for each freeps culture you spot

[1] Treacherous as the Sea [Elven] SH
Event - Maneuver
Groovy 8)
Nice cards!