LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Dwarf and Sauron Grind  (Read 2973 times)

September 01, 2008, 05:19:09 AM
Read 2973 times

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

September 01, 2008, 06:07:07 AM
Reply #1

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
Re: Dwarf and Sauron Grind
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 06:07:07 AM »
well, it isn''t NPE to the max, for the shadow can be torn apart...without the conditions they are crap...and in expanded you run into Namarië which means farewell...litteraly to all your conditions
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

September 01, 2008, 06:03:49 PM
Reply #2

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
Re: Dwarf and Sauron Grind
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 06:03:49 PM »
   I have a  [Sauron] Grind deck and i just cutted off the Bowman. In fact they can be really evil but they have high cost and a rohirrim shield or sort of can really mess up thing a little bit. I prefer just to don´t run too many conditions because cards like Namarië and Sleep Caradhras just cracks the whole thing. But i guess it´s a personal choice.

Seems you are trying to get benefit for Orc Seeker and Archer Troop text with Tower of Barad-Dur. If you want a advice i would say to drop ToBD cause the risk of get one or two discarded just colapses this goal and your UtWE already exert your minions to be played, but if you wanna stay with that meta i would say add a Flames Within, it´s free, don´t have requiriments to play and can boost you guys really good. I just think archery and direct wounding will have painfull consequences but thats one of  [Sauron] Grind disavantages. generally i play only UtWE and add some cards like Gothmog´s Warg.

Other problem that maybe you feel playing this deck is the great quantity of unique minions... My deck have similar minions with a few less copies of each and sometimes i get my hand a little clogged by repeated unique minions. But the worst part is if your opponent doubles and the minions stay at table, you have twilight and just can´t play the guys... #-o
    Maybe you can drop a copy of Seeker and Grishnak and add two Orc Slaughterer. Since your conditions and events exerts you can have a big guy there...

I cant...hold...on... Well, Put Grond, HotU in there!  :twisted:  discard possession isn´t so common than condition (at least at Movie Block) and i can guarantee you that if you get your hands at it before the midle of the game and your opponent cannot get rid of it you will mass up many freeps strategy. The only Sauron way to directly get rid of artifacts and possessions (or at leats the one of the most effectives).