LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Boromir, Doomed Heir  (Read 10655 times)

June 01, 2011, 12:24:54 PM
Reply #15

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
Re: Boromir, Doomed Heir
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 12:24:54 PM »
But he can't! He's an expensive companion that heals a single wound and that's it. He has nothing going on for his ability, and the healing in negligible compared to the sheer amount of twilight he costs. You'd be better off with Thorongil.

June 02, 2011, 12:49:35 PM
Reply #16

Yrael

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 12:49:35 PM »
First off, I only have 1 copy of Thorongil, and he's committed to my Gondor Kings deck. Also, Elessar gets the 9 strength after 5 pool of cost. Isildur's Heir only gets it if he plays another card, and the Gondor token cards all cost more than the 1 pool difference (except heirs of Gondor). Admittedly, I generally do get Heirs of Gondor out, but I also use tokens from that card at a higher priority than exerting Boromir when I need to beat a minion.

Also, since I start with only 2 companions (Boromir and Isildur), if I get swarmed before Halbarad or Aragorn come out, then Isildur's Heir cannot use his defender ability. I used Isildur's heir for a while in the aforementioned Kings deck, and I really don't feel like he would fit in the Boromir deck. Also note, I just added 2 Banner of Westernesse and took out a Dagger Strike. I feel like Elessar could use a Banner well, and most of the time's I've used him, he either winds up beating a bunch of swarm minions or tanking against the really high strength minions.

Just a note however, I play house rules, and we typically do not use adventure decks, so it's also not like I can use a site to get Aragorn out on the first turn (This mostly applies to getting Aragorn out before Isildur has to skirmish)

June 02, 2011, 09:30:07 PM
Reply #17

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 09:30:07 PM »
\Isildur's Heir only gets it if he plays another card, and the Gondor token cards all cost more than the 1 pool difference (except heirs of Gondor).
Wait no, Houses of Healing, Noble Leaders and those have good effects, esp. for this kind of deck.  And they all cost one pool, and Houses of Healing heals Boromir!

June 03, 2011, 06:23:26 AM
Reply #18

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 06:23:26 AM »
First off, I only have 1 copy of Thorongil, and he's committed to my Gondor Kings deck.

And you can't, like, switch him back and forth while playing one deck or the other?

June 03, 2011, 03:01:43 PM
Reply #19

Yrael

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 03:01:43 PM »
Wait no, Houses of Healing, Noble Leaders and those have good effects, esp. for this kind of deck.  And they all cost one pool, and Houses of Healing heals Boromir!
But the amount of pool HoH puts out means that he will be exerting more too. If I had noble leaders, I would put it in my deck, and consider Isildur's Heir, but I don't

And you can't, like, switch him back and forth while playing one deck or the other?

I typically don't like doing that. Just personal preferance