LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Uruk-Hai + Nazgul Shadow  (Read 14544 times)

June 13, 2011, 07:16:33 AM
Reply #15

Fesan

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: Uruk-Hai + Nazgul Shadow
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 07:16:33 AM »
After playing a few games on GCCG with this shadowside I see no hope for it. Return to its master did not work at all as I rarely get out both a nazgul and a uruk.

The one with Towers of Orthanc might work, might give it a go but alittle disheartened after getting beat the #$&*@! up:P

June 13, 2011, 09:53:29 AM
Reply #16

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 09:53:29 AM »
If you can't get both ut, then News of Mordor is also not pulling its weight, right?

June 13, 2011, 02:40:05 PM
Reply #17

Fesan

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 02:40:05 PM »
If you can't get both ut, then News of Mordor is also not pulling its weight, right?

That is true, and with it gone then the whole point is gone:-) But News of mordor is easier since you can spot saruman and chances of getting Saruman/an uruk and a nazgul is bigger.

June 14, 2011, 05:29:05 AM
Reply #18

Fesan

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 05:29:05 AM »
Allright, so after thinking more about it last night I think any uruk/nazgul combination (to work) will have to be drasticly different than my original idea. I think any card that depends on both culture having a minion out at the same time will have to go (maybe keep one copy of News of Mordor for funsies).

However there are combinations that can work OK I think, played someone on GCCG and was inspired to shift this deck towards playing on a combination of Orthanc Berserker and Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul. Both spotting five burdens and work great in pair. If lucky you can take out two companions in one go. Orthanc berserker exhausts one and usually one other has 2 or 1 wound left. Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight can fit into this since you will be trying to get burdens on Ringbearer and he needs only two to be a pretty good and cheap minion.

So other than 3-4 copies of Ulaire Enquea and Lieutenant of Morgul, plus maybe a copy of news of mordor it would be all Uruk. I imagine 3 copies of Orthanc berserker and a couple of copies of Worry plus Can you protect me from yourself?.

Now, since there are some Nazguls here it would be fun to have cards that add burdens from the wraith culture but are there cards that are easy to get off the hand so they won't just end up clogging? It would be super-fun to make Saruman's Reach plus a card that spots ringbearer wearing ring to add burdens to work but my guess is there are none that do not spot a nazgul so then we are back to square one with having to have a nazgul and an uruk out?

In the ringwraiths wake is maybe the best card from the wraith culture? Twilight world might also work considering it does not specify Twilight Nazgul?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 05:36:37 AM by Fesan »

June 14, 2011, 05:44:15 AM
Reply #19

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 05:44:15 AM »
I think you're going in an opposite direction, so I'd advise opening up a new topic for the new idea, and let this one where it is.

June 14, 2011, 09:30:35 AM
Reply #20

Fesan

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 09:30:35 AM »
I think you're going in an opposite direction, so I'd advise opening up a new topic for the new idea, and let this one where it is.

Honestly I don't think I am going to bother with it, might play around but all the fun for me was in making either saruman's reah+burdens or return to its master work or News of Mordor work. Seems like everyone and their mama are playing choke in fellowship block so two expensive shadow cultures don't work it seems:-(