LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: New Player/Sites for Nazgul/Forest  (Read 6094 times)

August 01, 2011, 07:56:13 AM
Read 6094 times

Direwolf

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
New Player/Sites for Nazgul/Forest
« on: August 01, 2011, 07:56:13 AM »
Hi, everyone,

I am new (again, first from Fellowship, then online on Decipher's servers for Standard) player for LOTR. Wanted to know what sites were recommended for Nazgul/Elf Forest deck? To learn the game again, I took a decklist here on the forum, but not sure where to go from here. I would really like to meet new/experienced players and pick it up again. No one in my area seems to play, and my actual cards only consist of Fellowship block.

Here is the deck:

4   Dark Approach
4   Lost in the Woods
2   Moving This Way
3   The Witch-king, Captain of the Nine Riders
4   Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders
3   Black Rider
3   Ulaire Cantea, Fourth of the Nine Riders
2   Hatred Stirred
4   Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow
2   Ulaire Otsea, Seventh of the Nine Riders
2   Minas Morgul Answers
2   Gil-galad, High King of the Noldor
2   Glorfindel, Eldarin Lord
2   Blade of Lindon
2   Final Shot
2   Kindreds Estranged
1   Galadriel's Silver Ewer
1   Wells of Deep Memory
2   Standing Tall
2   Farewell to Lorien
2   Lothlorien Guides
2   Might of the Elf-lords
Starting:
1   Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom
1   Celeborn, The Wise
1   Arwen, Staunch Defender

Also, are there any Lackey players or other ways to play online with people?

Cheers,

August 01, 2011, 11:12:47 AM
Reply #1

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
Re: New Player/Sites for Nazgul/Forest
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 11:12:47 AM »
It is good practice to seperate the Shadow and Free Peoples sides of your deck for convenience. Your deck must have equal amounts of Shadow and Free Peoples cards, not including the Ring-bearer and the Ring.

GCCG is the best place to go play. Check out Valinor.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

August 01, 2011, 12:10:49 PM
Reply #2

leokula

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 12:10:49 PM »
You should have Buckland Homestead, then as many forests as rules allow you to (since you can't have more than 3 of any shadow number). The rest is pretty much up to whatever effects you think are more important for you, but those I pointed are kind of mandatory if you are playing Forest Nazguls. Elves don't care much about sites.

August 01, 2011, 03:56:03 PM
Reply #3

Air Power

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 03:56:03 PM »
For the elves, Legolas SoT might be worthwhile with all those forests.

Edit: my bad, not legal in standard.  :-[
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 06:24:37 PM by Air Power »
"If the world becomes pagan and perishes, the last man left alive would do well to quote the Iliad and die." -G.K. Chesterton, The Everlasting Man

August 01, 2011, 05:07:19 PM
Reply #4

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 05:07:19 PM »
If you want fighting Elves, starting Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath with Arwen, She-Elf would be a better choice. I find Might of the Elf-Lords a weak rare, and would suggest Attunement in almost all situations. If you are going with fighting Elves, then Cirdan, the Shipwright is also a must. Switch Blade of Lindon for Sword of the Fallen. With She-Elf you might as well throw in Thorongil with The Prancing Pony, and then that opens token cards for abuse, which leads to my next point....

Many people will show you how to utilise that Gil-Galad you have, he is a broken token machine.

Wells of Deep Memory isn't worth it.

The only changes I would make to the Nazgul is bring in Ulaire Cantea, Faster than Winds instead of Fourth of the Nine Riders, and Ulaire Otsea, Duplicitous Specter instead of Seventh of the Nine Riders. If you can find space, They Feel the Precious and Ulaire Lemenya, Eternally Threatening.

"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

August 08, 2011, 07:22:50 AM
Reply #5

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 07:22:50 AM »
Two must haves for Nazgul decks are The Angle and Woody-End.

As far as Forest Sites go- actually, the hard-and-fast rule is 4 forests. Because at that point, you max out your Dark Approach, and that's what the Nazgul run on anyways. I mean, if you're also running Lost In The Woods, then the more forests, the better.

Ulaire Enquea, Duplicitous Lieutenant is better than Minas Morgul Answers, in my opinion.

I would also pack at least 1 Ithil Stone and an Ulaire Enquea, Black Threat. The point of Forestguls is to get as many of them out at a time.

I also prefer Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin for rule of 5 enforcement. If you drop a couple early-game Canteas to trim down their 9-comp monstrosity, then when you get your handful of Dark Approaches and slam them with a horde of cheap Nazzies at The Angle, they're reeling pretty bad (which, of course, is made possible by an Ithil Stone and an Ulaire Otsea, Seventh of the Nine Riders.

The Moving This Way engine is why I pair my forestguls with a FP filter deck. By around site 5-6, Cantea has struck once or twice and there's nothing in my deck but Nazgul. Muahahahaha.

As for the freeps, your [Elven] events are going to be getting in the way of what you want with your Nazgul. I would run Aiglos and some [Elven] artifacts to start. The muster is good with Celeborn, Kindreds Estranged is solid.

You may run an extra couple Standing Tall and some toolkit Legolas. Fearless Marksman comes to mind as useful in cycling. The combo is also nice- dump 4 cards, wound the minion you want, bam. -4 strength. The point is that you want conditions because they can be dropped immediately, and thus don't clog your hand.

Cirdan, The Shipwright may also be a nice combo with Celeborn. Muster + Fearless Marksman + Celeborn's ability = tons of events hit your discard pile, Cirdan drops tons of strength and Celeborn nabs back the Final Shot to survive the double. I might run him over Glorfindel.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:40:48 AM by SomeRandomDude »
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan