LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 156564 times)

January 23, 2022, 05:44:40 AM
Reply #2595

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #2595 on: January 23, 2022, 05:44:40 AM »
The old Northern Ithilien/Gollum/Fat One Wants It/Watcher in the Water Burden Combo has reared its head again:

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=sgtdraino$gm1xm7kmtvz11qom

Action happens at Site 8, of course.

This was discussed way back in 2017, with a consensus that, at a minimum, part of the combo should not work, and potentially none of the combo should work:

https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=11275.0

I am nearly certain gemp was at one point coded to correct the issue, but perhaps this was lost in one of the many updates. The combo is once again fully-functional.

Please correct!
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir

January 25, 2022, 08:44:24 AM
Reply #2596

Tunadan

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #2596 on: January 25, 2022, 08:44:24 AM »
There is a bug with the Errata version of courtyard parapet, it forces you to discard the cards to add a burden.
He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.

January 30, 2022, 05:43:22 AM
Reply #2597

UnPapayaCoconut

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2597 on: January 30, 2022, 05:43:22 AM »
https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=UPC$eoqdh5p96nh0kunt
A bug with balin son of fundin not wounding a singular orc (Site 9).

March 10, 2022, 01:34:10 AM
Reply #2598

Jango

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #2598 on: March 10, 2022, 01:34:10 AM »
Hello. in extended format I play on Falls of Rauros https://lotrtcgwiki.com/wiki/lotr17146 in region 2. The error is that this card's principle does not always work. For example, I will play side 4 and should have my Company removed from the game, I do this but not always. If I play it, for example, on sait 5 or never to greet it, the message about 6 plays for a companion does not appear. For example, I entered the rauros falls and removed my companion, in the maneuver I changed to another sait, I regrupe, I played  "speak Friend and enter " and played the rauros falls again and went on, or stayed and went on the other side, so as not to remove my companion from the game. And now the rule is clear, "When a Fellowship moves to this side in Region 2, Free Nations players place cards from your dead piles out of play. Why why and when you play Go and play it again from 4 to 5 or 6 sait, I can't remove a teammate from games ?please fix this bug

March 10, 2022, 07:49:20 AM
Reply #2599

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #2599 on: March 10, 2022, 07:49:20 AM »
Post s replay if you have one, please.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

March 10, 2022, 10:15:31 PM
Reply #2600

Jango

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #2600 on: March 10, 2022, 10:15:31 PM »
okey try to play with a friend and record it

March 11, 2022, 07:16:10 AM
Reply #2601

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #2601 on: March 11, 2022, 07:16:10 AM »
Heh, Gemp has a replay system. Go to the Game History tab, find one of the games you're talking about, and copy the link and post it here.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

March 16, 2022, 05:56:17 PM
Reply #2602

Alkarin

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2602 on: March 16, 2022, 05:56:17 PM »
Hi, check this bug please, this is a game for enhanced TS league.

Site 9 ringbearer put the one ring and after end of 2 skirmish return to its master dont activate.

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Kainbr$6g1ut3jqy5txs962

March 17, 2022, 07:58:39 AM
Reply #2603

Tunadan

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #2603 on: March 17, 2022, 07:58:39 AM »
Not a bug; Lord of the Nazgûl prevents RTIM.
He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.

March 23, 2022, 11:20:23 AM
Reply #2604

uksip

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #2604 on: March 23, 2022, 11:20:23 AM »
Strange behavior / bug: Couldn't play cards from hand nor discard them

Replay link: https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=uksip$ryy9eww73foehw5k

I first noticed this error on site 3 and it continued further. It was my turn to play shadow, I had twilight WK (Witch King Lord of the Nazgul) already at table and there was 5 (or more) twilight remaining. I had both Morgul Brute and Fell Beast in hand (at least 6 cards in hand at that time) but I couldn't play them --> I couldn't click on the card. Same behavior continued on sites 4 and 5, these cards were unplayable:  I couldn't play them, I couldn't discard them. All other cards I was able to play during the game but these 2 just stuck in my hand.

Game was Movie Block.

March 31, 2022, 06:29:41 AM
Reply #2605

Merrick_H

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2605 on: March 31, 2022, 06:29:41 AM »
Nelya couldn't replace Site 5 in this movie block game:

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=MikeP$x7w1zen6tqyd2zaq

April 04, 2022, 11:49:33 PM
Reply #2606

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #2606 on: April 04, 2022, 11:49:33 PM »
Strange behavior / bug: Couldn't play cards from hand nor discard them

Replay link: https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=uksip$ryy9eww73foehw5k

I first noticed this error on site 3 and it continued further. It was my turn to play shadow, I had twilight WK (Witch King Lord of the Nazgul) already at table and there was 5 (or more) twilight remaining. I had both Morgul Brute and Fell Beast in hand (at least 6 cards in hand at that time) but I couldn't play them --> I couldn't click on the card. Same behavior continued on sites 4 and 5, these cards were unplayable:  I couldn't play them, I couldn't discard them. All other cards I was able to play during the game but these 2 just stuck in my hand.

Game was Movie Block.

Not sure what to make of this one.  The offending cards show up as interactable in the replay.  Next time try reloading the browser page, or closing it and re-entering the table from the game hall.  If that still doesn't work, I'm not sure.

Nelya couldn't replace Site 5 in this movie block game:

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=MikeP$x7w1zen6tqyd2zaq

This is kosher according to the rulings for Nelya in the Comprehensive Rules: "This card can replace sites only in the Fellowship block format."

The argument was made in the gemp chat that this doesn't apply here as that ruling wasn't made until the Shadows era, however it is an implicit rule change to Movie as well, since Movie block is not Fellowship block.  It would be one thing if it said "this doesn't apply to the new shadows path", but instead it explicitly restricts it to only the FOTR format, meaning that Towers Standard and Movie were specifically in mind.

April 05, 2022, 03:52:57 PM
Reply #2607

lyk

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #2607 on: April 05, 2022, 03:52:57 PM »
Hello,
so in Towers Block, when I play with Frodo and Sam (Samwise the Brave) and my opponent plays an Easterling and then plays Vision From Afar to try to assign him to Frodo, I click add a burden to prevent this and then I try to prevent adding this burden with Sam it prevents adding the burden but assigns Easterling to Frodo. Is that ok interaction or bug? Thank you.

April 06, 2022, 06:43:48 AM
Reply #2608

Izaren

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #2608 on: April 06, 2022, 06:43:48 AM »
Bill the Ponny  [Shire] - INCORRECT?
I bealive (and correct me if I am wrong) - Bill the Ponny works incorrectly. Once you are comming to the underground site, it first deduct shadow number and then discard. See here: https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Izaren$nsc5cu4gyvut5327

This is not according to the rule book. I have found only 2 rules of the Fell Rulebook which may be applied to this case:

A) in the end of the section 1 (Fellowship) of the rulebook "How to move" is stated you first move your marker (which i gues means the fellowship is already there and Bill shall be discarted) and only after this you add twilight for site. This is even supported by the further updates of rulebooks (for example Siege of Gondor rulebook is even more detailed regarding order of actions and it also specifies that you first move to the site (so BtP shall be discarted) and only after you add the twilight for shadow number and at last twilight for companios)

B) in the rulebook is section "timing conflict" which states that if two events occuer at the same time the FP player shall decide in what order they occure (so there should be at least option to decide - not automatic deduction). Still, I dont think it occurs at the same time since I consider option A as more realistic.

So I am just curious, on what rule is the current seting of BtP based? Did I miss any relevant section of the rulebook? Otherwise I wwould recommend adjustments of the mechanics of this card.

Thanks in advance for corretion of the card or of my opinion =)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 06:46:19 AM by Izaren »

April 06, 2022, 07:40:41 AM
Reply #2609

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #2609 on: April 06, 2022, 07:40:41 AM »
Decipher issued a specific ruling for Bill the Pony:

When the fellowship moves with Bill the Pony to an underground site, the Shadow number of that site is reduced before Bill the Pony is discarded.

See the 2002 FAQ (predecessor to the CRD): https://wiki.lotrtcgpc.net/images/FAQ-EN_2002-09-03.pdf