LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 195410 times)

October 23, 2012, 09:01:53 AM
Reply #1245

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #1245 on: October 23, 2012, 09:01:53 AM »
Today I noticed that if I look at my ring-bearer's stats while it is the opponent's turn, it displays the opponent's remaining resistance instead of my own remaining resistance. Not sure if this can be corrected or not.
All the stats displayed in the pop-up window outside of the time when the card is active, is not up-to-date. This is due to a design decision very early in the work, and would be a huge burden to change it now. I'm afraid you'll have to learn to live with it. Sorry.
New/old way to play Lord of the Rings online.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

October 23, 2012, 09:03:46 AM
Reply #1246

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1246 on: October 23, 2012, 09:03:46 AM »
Banner of westernesse won't let you heal if there is more then one companinion with wounds, it let's you click it but no one will get healed.

And also I noticed something that is not right I think.
I had a Morgul Ambusher in play with 5 threats. That is +2 archery. Next to that I had a Southron Marksmen. I exerted him twice so that is +2. With his own archer ability it should have been 5 archery in my opinion. It was 4 and it cost me the game. ;)
I will need game replay links for both cases. Thanks.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

October 23, 2012, 09:34:02 AM
Reply #1247

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1247 on: October 23, 2012, 09:34:02 AM »
From the rules:

"If the move limit is modified for a turn, then that
modification is in effect for the whole turn, even
if the conditions for the modification change."
Fixed (after restart):
- Changed all the effects that modify Move Limit to always act until end of turn once a condition is met (first time
in that turn).
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

October 23, 2012, 10:00:18 AM
Reply #1248

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #1248 on: October 23, 2012, 10:00:18 AM »
All the stats displayed in the pop-up window outside of the time when the card is active, is not up-to-date. This is due to a design decision very early in the work, and would be a huge burden to change it now. I'm afraid you'll have to learn to live with it. Sorry.
Is it possible to add "Card is inactive - current stats may be inaccurate" info in the popub right before the stats?

October 23, 2012, 10:19:46 AM
Reply #1249

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1249 on: October 23, 2012, 10:19:46 AM »
Harrowdale still doesn't work right. Its text shouldn't be active unless the FP has reached that site. If it is ahead of the current FP player, it still makes minions lose fierce even though FP hasn't reached that site yet.

To reiterate, Harrowdale should only be in effect if:

The current Free Peoples player is at that site (even if the site was replaced later on in the turn)
or
The current Free Peoples player began their turn at that site and has moved on to the next site.
Umm, so if player moved to Harrowdale in a turn and then moved again (from it), it is no longer going to be in effect?
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

October 23, 2012, 11:26:22 AM
Reply #1250

MADG0BLIN

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #1250 on: October 23, 2012, 11:26:22 AM »
Banner of westernesse won't let you heal if there is more then one companinion with wounds, it let's you click it but no one will get healed.

I had a Morgul Ambusher in play with 5 threats. That is +2 archery. Next to that I had a Southron Marksmen. I exerted him twice so that is +2. With his own archer ability it should have been 5 archery in my opinion. It was 4 and it cost me the game. ;)

I think they are both in this one. :)

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=MADG0BLIN$n0segu55gdqfholz

October 23, 2012, 03:16:21 PM
Reply #1251

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1251 on: October 23, 2012, 03:16:21 PM »
Harrowdale still doesn't work right. Its text shouldn't be active unless the FP has reached that site. If it is ahead of the current FP player, it still makes minions lose fierce even though FP hasn't reached that site yet.

The current Free Peoples player is at that site (even if the site was replaced later on in the turn)
or
The current Free Peoples player began their turn at that site and has moved on to the next site.
Umm, so if player moved to Harrowdale in a turn and then moved again (from it), it is no longer going to be in effect?

Correct. From the moment the current FP reaches Harrowdale, it will have its effect until the following regroup phase.
All cards do what they say, no more, no less.

October 24, 2012, 02:24:19 AM
Reply #1252

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1252 on: October 24, 2012, 02:24:19 AM »

or

Correct. From the moment the current FP reaches Harrowdale, it will have its effect until the following regroup phase.
Fixed (after restart):
- Finally fixed the Harrowdale (fingers crossed), added test to simulate different movement patterns.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

October 24, 2012, 03:47:50 AM
Reply #1253

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1253 on: October 24, 2012, 03:47:50 AM »

Healing - you were at Steward's Tomb (site 5), where you can't heal anyone.
Archery - your opponent had Mithril-Coat, so archery -1.

Mistery solved! ;)
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

October 24, 2012, 04:27:21 AM
Reply #1254

MADG0BLIN

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #1254 on: October 24, 2012, 04:27:21 AM »

Healing - you were at Steward's Tomb (site 5), where you can't heal anyone.
Archery - your opponent had Mithril-Coat, so archery -1.

Mistery solved! ;)

Crap, I totally missed both things... Sorry about that, but better safe then sorry. ;)

Keep up the good work, I really appreciate you're work on this game. I hadn't played in over a year I think and now about 20 games in a week or so.

October 24, 2012, 04:54:50 AM
Reply #1255

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1255 on: October 24, 2012, 04:54:50 AM »
When a card prevend the discard from another card, the effect still accours.
Examples:

Corsair Marauder (8R57) renforce tokens even if the FP have prevented the discard of the chosen possession like using Scouring of the shire

Same for Clever Hobbits 7U54 prevented from Deceit 18R29
Hmm, now that I look at the code and the rules, I don't really know if PREVENTING the discard (a cost) should cancel the effect.

The are only two entries I've foundin rules that may be considered remotely relevant, but none of them seem to directly apply to this situation:
1. If a response modifies cost, and as a result you can't pay them all, it has no effect - but the example refers to making you not able to exert a card second time, by wounding it in response to the first exertion, not preventing the exert.
2. If something prevents an effect, which would prevent another effect, the second effect is carried out - this is also a different case, as it refers to cards with template "player X can do Y to prevent Z".

So, I believe that if FP player prevents the discard of a possession when Corsair Marauder is played, the cost is considered payed anyway, and it will add the tokens.

If you believe otherwise, please provide a relevant quote from rules.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

October 24, 2012, 06:17:21 AM
Reply #1256

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1256 on: October 24, 2012, 06:17:21 AM »
How about this?

"If a player is paying costs for a card and a
response action occurs which modifies those
costs, that player must continue to pay as many
costs as he can, even if it is no longer possible to
pay them all. If all the costs cannot be paid, that
card has no effect."

It is no longer possible for the Marauder to discard the possession due to Scouring of the Shire, so he won't add the [Raider] tokens.

October 24, 2012, 06:26:52 AM
Reply #1257

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1257 on: October 24, 2012, 06:26:52 AM »
How about this?

"If a player is paying costs for a card and a
response action occurs which modifies those
costs, that player must continue to pay as many
costs as he can, even if it is no longer possible to
pay them all. If all the costs cannot be paid, that
card has no effect."

It is no longer possible for the Marauder to discard the possession due to Scouring of the Shire, so he won't add the [Raider] tokens.
It was possible to discard it, and afterwards its still possible to discard it. Scouring of the Shire just prevented the discard. The example to this text you quoted is about not being able to pay all the costs, as payment of the first cost resulted in a response that made paying second part of the cost impossible (couldn't exert second time anymore). So I don't feel this text applies to Corsair Maraude and Scouring of the Shire.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

October 24, 2012, 06:44:59 AM
Reply #1258

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1258 on: October 24, 2012, 06:44:59 AM »
The Marauder has two costs associated with his action: spotting another corsair and discarding a possession. Scouring prevents discarding the possession. The same thing would happen if there were a hypothetical FP card saying "If a minion is played, discard another minion." Such an action would prevent the Marauder from spotting the other corsair, so his action wouldn't be able to occur.

And we all know that if Elessar's Edict is used with Saved From the Fire, it prevents FP from taking the 3 Gondor cards into hand.

It's very clear-cut.

October 24, 2012, 07:02:43 AM
Reply #1259

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #1259 on: October 24, 2012, 07:02:43 AM »
The Marauder has two costs associated with his action: spotting another corsair and discarding a possession. Scouring prevents discarding the possession. The same thing would happen if there were a hypothetical FP card saying "If a minion is played, discard another minion." Such an action would prevent the Marauder from spotting the other corsair, so his action wouldn't be able to occur.

And we all know that if Elessar's Edict is used with Saved From the Fire, it prevents FP from taking the 3 Gondor cards into hand.

It's very clear-cut.

How do you know about the Elessar's Edict situation, is it in CRD or Comprehensive Rules?

And the example you've given above is different altogether. For me, there is a distinction between:
- (your example above falls here) not being able to pay the cost, i.e. nothing to spot or exert, in which case you can't even activate the effect/play the card,
- (quote from the rules falls here) having the ability to pay any of the costs taken away from you mid-cost paying, in which case you have to pay as much as you can, and the effect doesn't happen,
- (Corsair Marauder and Scouring of the Shire falls here) having the cost you were able and decided to pay prevented, which case is not covered in the rules, so my assumption is that this doesn't change the situation at all and the effect happens.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished