LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 156435 times)

April 06, 2022, 07:26:03 PM
Reply #2610

Cease

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #2610 on: April 06, 2022, 07:26:03 PM »
Hello,
so in Towers Block, when I play with Frodo and Sam (Samwise the Brave) and my opponent plays an Easterling and then plays Vision From Afar to try to assign him to Frodo, I click add a burden to prevent this and then I try to prevent adding this burden with Sam it prevents adding the burden but assigns Easterling to Frodo. Is that ok interaction or bug? Thank you.

This is working correctly. It works similarly to Morgul Destroyer:

Morgul Destroyer (7U190) is played. ("When you play this minion, you may spot a Nazgûl to add 2 threats. The Free Peoples player may wound the Ring-bearer to prevent this.") The Free Peoples player wounds the Ring-bearer to prevent the threats from being added. The Free Peoples player then discards Sapling of the White Tree (9R35). ("Response: If a [Gondor] Gondor Man is about to take a wound, discard this artifact to prevent that.") Because Sapling has prevented the effect (a wound) that would have prevented Morgul Destroyer's effect, the threats are now added.

You actually have to add a burden to prevent the Easterling from being assigned to the ring-bearer. If you prevent that burden from being added, no burden was added, so the Easterling gets assigned to Frodo. Simply attempting to add a burden to Frodo isn't enough.

April 11, 2022, 02:23:28 PM
Reply #2611

Soranar33

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #2611 on: April 11, 2022, 02:23:28 PM »
Harrowdale (site) worked even when it wasn't in play anymore (replaced it with nelya)

and it also works when you're not even on it

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Soranar$4h3ver5y635sc11h

April 11, 2022, 05:48:43 PM
Reply #2612

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #2612 on: April 11, 2022, 05:48:43 PM »
"Until the Regroup phase" means that a semi-permanent modifier is added to the game which is independent of the site itself being in play.  Once it's activated, it's in force until the stated duration expired.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

April 13, 2022, 05:36:10 PM
Reply #2613

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #2613 on: April 13, 2022, 05:36:10 PM »
I couldn't play A Wizard is Never Late once I had no [Gandalf] character left in my draw deck to play. Happened at site 5, with Gandalf in play and Hugin (my only other [Gandalf] guy) in hand/play.

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=DurinsHeir$9fkq8o2pr2bjul99

It's like the "you may play that card even if the card will have no effect" ruling exception for playing cards from hand / discard pile applied erroneously too to the draw deck.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

April 17, 2022, 02:56:04 PM
Reply #2614

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #2614 on: April 17, 2022, 02:56:04 PM »
Found another (highly probable) bug:

Morgul Skulker recycled 2 [Wraith] cards, then I used Orc Insurgent twice to draw 2 cards, and lo and behold! those 2 were exactly the 2 just-retrieved [Wraith] cards! And even more unlikely, were drawn in the exact same order in which were shuffled back: twilight Enquea first, WK Deathless Lord second. See site 6, OneFathom's turn:

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=DurinsHeir$l5knhbze6mjjdka7

Here's some math: after Morgul Skulker I had 46 cards in draw deck, including all 3x Enquea and 2x Witch King. So the likelihood of getting 1 of my 3 Enqueas out of 46 cards is = 6.5217%; the isolated likelihood of getting 1 of my 2 Wks out of 45 cards is 4.4444%. Combined = 0.2829%.

Could be nothing but a funny coincidence. Replicating the experience (Morgul Skulker + "2 [Wraith] cards in discard pile" immediately followed by drawing 2+; Grishnakh OC would be more consistent than the Insurgent) could shed more light.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

April 19, 2022, 05:42:03 AM
Reply #2615

Tunadan

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #2615 on: April 19, 2022, 05:42:03 AM »
Add to that small percent the order shuffled in then drawn back.  :)
He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.

April 20, 2022, 07:27:07 PM
Reply #2616

Soranar33

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #2616 on: April 20, 2022, 07:27:07 PM »
Ulaire enquea duplicitous lieutenant

says:

each time a free people player heals a companion, add a burden

but when you combine it with Dark Temptation

, which lets the shadow player heal the ring-bearer, enquea's text triggers

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Soranar$jorhd5tunucm6zzv

you can see it happen in this game if you need a reference.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 06:13:30 PM by Soranar33 »

June 25, 2022, 08:29:11 PM
Reply #2617

elfwarrior

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #2617 on: June 25, 2022, 08:29:11 PM »
Bill Ferny, Swarthy Sneering Fellow, June 25 2022

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=elfwarrior$nua0kzbe8kap7avo

On my first shadow turn of this recording I have a black breath out and no Nazgul. I assign Ferny to Frodo and black breath lights up like I can transfer it. Black breath requires a Nazgul in a skirmish to transfer. Bill Ferny is a Man. I did not try to transfer to test this out because I was saving the black breath and I did not want to use a bug.  Could clicking on black breath with only Ferny out do nothing? Or could Ferny transfer the Black Breath in GEMP? He shouldn't be able to transfer Black Breath because Ferny is a Man and not a Nazgul. I have not played Nazgul much so this is the first time I saw this situation.

Thank you

-elfwarrior

June 29, 2022, 04:50:52 AM
Reply #2618

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #2618 on: June 29, 2022, 04:50:52 AM »
@elfwarrior, looking at the code, it wouldn't have actually permitted anything to happen, as the transfer does require a skirmishing nazgul.  However, the part that checks to see if it should highlight the card only checks to see if black breath is in the support area, so I'll see if I can add a further check to avoid confusing prompts.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

July 05, 2022, 04:15:47 PM
Reply #2619

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #2619 on: July 05, 2022, 04:15:47 PM »
Replay
Moria Crossroads didn't prevent the cancel at site 4, even though Ancient Chieftain was out.

September 06, 2022, 02:50:27 AM
Reply #2620

Vordan

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2620 on: September 06, 2022, 02:50:27 AM »

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Vordan$dzgdp65wyqrgmoe4

Site 3 gandalf event not wounding the minion (even if it's the only minion and possible target on the board)

September 20, 2022, 09:24:03 AM
Reply #2621

daisukeman

• Information Offline
  • Troll
  • Evil Bilbo is always appropiate for this forum
« Reply #2621 on: September 20, 2022, 09:24:03 AM »
Site 4 for my opponent.. https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=daisukeman$n3wm7ywyf2zddqjr
Beyond the height of men does not work whenever 6 companions are in play.
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that i'm right...

September 20, 2022, 10:40:29 AM
Reply #2622

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #2622 on: September 20, 2022, 10:40:29 AM »
BTHOM worked just fine; it only discards Armor/helm/shield possessions, and your opponent had no such possessions.  It reads "or all such possessions", not "or all possessions".

September 24, 2022, 08:09:11 PM
Reply #2623

elfwarrior

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #2623 on: September 24, 2022, 08:09:11 PM »
AHA each skirmish is its own phase so Trust Me as You Once Did IS supposed to be able to Give +3 in each skirmish. I think the situation I describe below is NOT a bug.
From the Comprehensive Rules 4.0:

When the assignment phase is complete, each defending character will fight in a separate skirmish phase. In an order decided by the Free Peoples player, skirmishes are resolved one at a time by conducting a skirmish phase for each.

Once a skirmish phase has finished, the Free Peoples player must select another defending companion (one who is still assigned to a minion), and perform another skirmish phase.

The comprehensive rules say about limits that Trust Me As You Once Did is limited to plus 3 strength per skirmish phase, so, according to that I shouldn't be able to use it for +3 in Gandalf's skirmish, then use it for plus 3 in Frodo's Skirmish bit I did. I used it twice in the same skirmish phase on different companions successfully for plus three for each. I was a site 9 so this situation happens at the end of the replay below.   Which is right, those rules or GEMP or did I misinterpret? Comprehensive rules from the wiki page below as well.

replay
https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=elfwarrior$wr4kpbv2yabc0axw

The comprehensive rules say:

limit
When a card has a limit, such as "(limit +3)," the limit applies to that card for an entire phase.

Trust Me As You Once Did reads: "Skirmish: Exert Gandalf to make a companion strength +1 for each companion with the Gandalf signet you can spot (limit +3)." With one copy in play, assuming you have sufficient signets and exertions, during a single skirmish phase:
* You may add +3 to one companion in a single action (if you can spot at least 3 signets).
* You may add +1 to three different companions in three different actions (if you can spot only 1 signet).
* You may add +2 to one companion and +1 to another in two different actions (if you can spot only 2 signets). Once the limit is reached, no more may be added, and the last +1 is ignored.

A limit does not does not span multiple phases. Trust Me As You Once Did could be used for +3 in each of two or more separate skirmish phases during the same turn.

A limit does not apply to a different copy of the same card.

With two copies of Trust Me As You Once Did in play, you could give up to +6 in strength bonuses during a single skirmish phase (+3 from one copy, and +3 from the other).

See also effect.

Thank you,

-elfwarrior
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 03:16:23 AM by TelTura »

October 04, 2022, 08:47:10 PM
Reply #2624

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2624 on: October 04, 2022, 08:47:10 PM »
Questions that Need Answering (and I'd guess Risk a Little Light) announce in chat which cards are taken into hand -- only the discarded cards should be known to the opponent.