LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Pacifistic Pippin  (Read 5798 times)

April 28, 2012, 09:26:49 AM
Read 5798 times

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
Pacifistic Pippin
« on: April 28, 2012, 09:26:49 AM »
Ring-bearer: Sam, Bearer of Great Need
Ring: The One Ring, The Great Ring

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
4x Aragorn, Ranger of the North
1x Frodo, Frenzied Fighter (starting)
1x Merry, In the Bloom of Health (starting)
1x Pippin, Brave Decoy (starting)
2x Bounder
2x Hobbit Party Guest
1x Rosie Cotton, Hobbiton Lass
1x The Gaffer, Sam's Father
4x Old Toby
1x Anduril, King's Blade
4x Valiant Man of the West
4x No Visitors
1x I Will Go
4x Halfling Leaf
2x Home and Hearth
2x Hornblower Leaf
2x Southlinch Leaf
3x Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor

So the idea is the only fighters this whole game are pippin and frodo, FF. Make Aragorn def+ enough to take all the minions, then have pippin replace him in the skirmish and cancel it with pipeweed. If sam gets in over his head, Frodo can replace him in his skirmish and Daddy Twofoot can get No visitors to save Frodo. I want to add some pipes for healing, but I'm not sure what to cut. Its also pretty big atm, 40 cards. Also need a good shadow.
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

April 30, 2012, 05:21:41 AM
Reply #1

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Pacifistic Pippin
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 05:21:41 AM »
Note that the FOTR block pipes need pipeweed possessions to work, they are not working with the ROS pipweed conditions (so adding pipes might not be a good idea).

April 30, 2012, 05:30:36 AM
Reply #2

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 05:30:36 AM »
awww snap.  Why the heck would they make pipeweed a condition in that case, after it's been firmly established as a possession?  That's a real low move.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

August 19, 2012, 10:59:14 PM
Reply #3

flash19732

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 10:59:14 PM »
I really like the hiarachy of strategy to this deck. You've inspired me to make a similar version. However, due to my lack of cards I'm using a discarding method v.s. your stealth method  instead(Gandalf Grayhame, and warmed up a bit x4). Also the Valiant Man of the West x4 is good to have, however, seeing as aragorn doesn't really need to fight in this deck I would sub them out for valor of elendil.

April 23, 2013, 06:57:32 AM
Reply #4

TheNinthPlayer

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 06:57:32 AM »
Just spotted this deck on here, and I'm loving it.  Are you still actively using it?
If not, would you mind if I picked the idea up?  ;)
\"What about a catapult?\" -Boromir

April 23, 2013, 07:45:52 AM
Reply #5

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 07:45:52 AM »
I really like the hiarachy of strategy to this deck. You've inspired me to make a similar version. However, due to my lack of cards I'm using a discarding method v.s. your stealth method  instead(Gandalf Grayhame, and warmed up a bit x4). Also the Valiant Man of the West x4 is good to have, however, seeing as aragorn doesn't really need to fight in this deck I would sub them out for valor of elendil.

I was actually thinking about adding in Gandalf, Grayhame and some warmed up a bit in case someone discards pip with FiD or similar. Elendil's Valor is a good call too.

Just spotted this deck on here, and I'm loving it.  Are you still actively using it?
If not, would you mind if I picked the idea up?  ;)

I still use it some, but you may absolutely use it. Post any improvements you make!
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!