LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Beasterlings / Super Smeagol  (Read 8440 times)

May 04, 2012, 08:36:48 AM
Read 8440 times

Merrick_H

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
Beasterlings / Super Smeagol
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:36:48 AM »
Ring-bearer: Frodo, Wicked Masster!
Ring: The One Ring, Answer To All Riddles

Adventure deck:
Steps of Edoras
Rohirrim Camp
Hall of the Kings
Pelennor Plain
Pelennor Flat
Minas Tirith First Circle
Ruined Capitol
Cross Roads
Dagorlad

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
1x Smeagol, Slinker
1x Boromir, Son of Denethor
1x Merry, Friend to Sam
1x Blade of Gondor
2x Brace of Coneys
3x Frodo's Cloak
2x Hobbit Sword
2x Sting, Baggins Heirloom
4x Nasty
4x Not Listening
2x Power According to His Stature
4x Poor Wretch
1x The Saga of Elendil
4x The Shire Countryside

Shadow Draw Deck:
4x Easterling Army
4x Easterling Captain
4x Easterling Footman
2x Easterling Regiment
4x Easterling Polearm
4x Raider Bow
2x Red Wrath
4x Whirling Strike
4x Small Hope

Idea is to boost Smeagol as he is your superstar, remove burdens and heal with The Shire Countryside.  Rinse and repeat.

Fairly standard beasterlings deck, possibly a little heavy on the wounding (Red Wrath and Whirling Strike) with little room for utility as you need the 3 card Easterling Captain, Raider Bow, Easterling Polearm combo to kill/overwhelm.

Biggest weakness is not getting burdens and Faramir

Thoughts for improvements?

This was designed for the sets 1-7 only Movie Block league, so there aren't any cards from Siege of Gondor, Reflections or Mount Doom allowed.

Regards,

Merrick_H
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 08:38:32 AM by Merrick_H »

May 04, 2012, 12:05:03 PM
Reply #1

Gartax

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Re: Beasterlings / Super Smeagol
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 12:05:03 PM »
For my part I ll drop all wirling stike and add 1 red warth, 2 discover and 1 card of choice (enquea sound good)

there is also an easterling that when you play it, it add 1 burden for each companion over 5. But I do not remember it's name nor it's set.

I ran your freep in an other life, and found out it is quite strong, but if you get a bad draw or something wrong happen and you loose an early companion you are in deep trouble.

Your freep will survive, but you wont be able to double move. Merry is your weak point and also he is the key to play shire country side.

I ll add sam proper poet + aragorn Def+1.

I ll drop nasty and poor wreth and 1 not listening. I feel you focus too much on making smeagole win. while he does not need it. Smeagole should win VS smaller minion and loosing without taking damage versus bigger. That will help maximising your war effort.

With the freep space you can add gandalf and his cancelling staff, narya for a burden remouval, cancel, heal, rinse and repeat.

Did you consider Gandalf pipe and pipeweed?

hope I helped in your thinking process! else sorry for the time lost!

May 04, 2012, 01:09:36 PM
Reply #2

Invincible

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 01:09:36 PM »
I would replace all your frodo's cloak for nine fingered frodo and the ring of doom. It is usable in skirmish so you use boromir twice and merry once, play it and heal all the exertions you just put with shire countryside. Plus it costs no twilight, which means less minions.

May 04, 2012, 03:41:16 PM
Reply #3

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 03:41:16 PM »
NFFATROD is a Mount Doom card; he's using only 1-7 cards for the league at the moment.

I beat this deck, but I got really lucky with my draws. My Shadow did literally nothing to him, so I was forced to run quickly.

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=bibfortuna$nrvqsb310glhs48b
All cards do what they say, no more, no less.

May 05, 2012, 12:24:38 AM
Reply #4

Arcanite

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 12:24:38 AM »
Mybe a copy of pippin HoSI as a backup hobbit, that is good in a pinch? (Don' start with him, only play if merry dies)