LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Shadowplay Wounding  (Read 4613 times)

February 01, 2013, 05:51:46 PM
Read 4613 times

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
Shadowplay Wounding
« on: February 01, 2013, 05:51:46 PM »
RB: Frodo, Son of Drogo
Ring: The One Ring, AtaR or SaWtC

Fellowship (35):
1x Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien (starting)
1x Merry, Swordthain (starting)
1x Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver (starting)
1x Sam, Son of Hamfast
1x Legolas Greenleaf
2x Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar
3x Rohirrim Guard

1x Leowyn
2x Elrond, Herald to Gil-Galad

1x Aragorn's Bow
1x Vilya
1x Brego
1x Rider's Mount
1x Eowyn's Sword, Dernhelm's Blade
3x Rohirrim Bow

1x Citadel of the Stars
1x Fortress Never Fallen
1x The Tale of the Great Ring
1x A Light in His Mind
2x Birthday Present
4x Shadowplay
4x Unheeded

Shadow (35):
4x Desert Lord
4x Southron Bowman
3x Elite Archer
2x Southron Marksmen
2x Haradrim Marksman
1x Southron Fighter
1x Southron Leader
2x Morgul Ambusher

4x Seasoned Leader
3x War Towers
2x Rallying Call
1x Bold Men and Grim
1x Ithilien Wilderness

2x Ships of Great Draught

2x Red Wrath
1x Discovered

The fellowship is a Shadowplay exerting/wounding with support from Aragorn and some elves. On top of Shadowplay/Rohirrim Guard/Unheeded wounds, there's Greenleaf splashed in, as well as Elrond and Aragorn for healing and Gorn's bow for wounding. Plus, Son of Drogo works nicely with Aragorn. It could use some tweaking here and there; I feel like it's weak against corruption, so I threw in a Sam, SOH. Cycling shouldn't be a problem with Rohirrim Guard. Also, I'm not sure which ring is better, AtaR, or SaWtC, as I didn't put any weapons for Frodo in here, and he can easily die in skirmish, if that scenario ever happens. Ideally the massive wounding would stop that though.

The shadow is a standard Southron Seasoned Leader archery. Shoot them, and keep on shooting them, and the threats should take care of the rest. Some Red Wrath to possibly kill some bigger companions. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:36:43 AM by Anautikus »
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

February 01, 2013, 06:00:03 PM
Reply #1

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Shadowplay Wounding
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 06:00:03 PM »
I see you're only using 3 twilight for your starting fellowship. Why not start with Pippin WOBAS too? Extra exertions for Shadowplay and Unheeded, plus he can help kill some early nasty minions.
All cards do what they say, no more, no less.

February 01, 2013, 07:31:58 PM
Reply #2

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 07:31:58 PM »
Yea, I was waffling on starting Pippin or not. But now that I think about it, I don't think the cost of him moving would hurt too much versus the possibility of him saving me in the earlier sites.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:29:47 AM by Anautikus »
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

February 15, 2013, 05:23:27 AM
Reply #3

neopium

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 05:23:27 AM »
Merry, Swordthain is interesting with unheeded and shadowplay to absorb the wounds, but you could use it a little better IMHO: if you find somehow the place for two Rohirrim Shield, you could retrieve them in the skirmish and use them on Eowyn at the regroup phase to heal her. It would be easier to double move this way.

February 15, 2013, 01:24:30 PM
Reply #4

dethwish07

• Information Offline
  • Scout
  • Not all who wander are lost
    • My Blog: The Archives of Minas Tirith
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 01:24:30 PM »
Rohirrim shield is nice if you can fit it. Just remember though that Eowyn can only bear one at a time... Though it would be awesome if you could use both to heal for the double. Definitely agree w/ Bib about WoBaS (and I see you added him as per the suggestion). Have you playtested since adding him? Did his usefulness outweigh the additional twilight?

February 19, 2013, 03:13:21 AM
Reply #5

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 03:13:21 AM »
I have yet to test out the usefulness of WOBAS, but from what I can see, he's helpful early game, and can either be fodder, or a useful pincushion for exertions and wounds, since his ability would just peel them off anyway.

I did test it out previously without Sam and Pippin, and the deck flowed quite nicely. Played a Corsair deck, and Corsair Marauder wasn't too much of a problem because of Merry. Rohirrim Guard is awesome, and Aragorn, ET, and Frodo, SoD work very nicely together to manipulate wound placement as well as and healing.

Thinking about adding a shield, as well Arrow Slits, but I don't really know what to cut.  :-k
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:15:52 AM by Anautikus »

Trade List