LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The Ultimate Madril  (Read 42267 times)

February 02, 2023, 06:25:54 PM
Reply #45

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
Re: The Ultimate Madril
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2023, 06:25:54 PM »
Hey Sgt.!

First of all hats off for what you have done here. This analysis is amazing! I think about your deck a lot lately, so I`d be interested in your opinion on my thoughts.

I`ve noticed two things  - this deck gives a lot of twilight and is kind of dependent on your conditions especially Steward`s legacy. I'm picturing in my head match up against Forrest Guls, how do you cope with them?

Your opponent can repeatedly destroy your conditions with Buckland Homestead and I don`t think you could retrieve them that quickly. Also when trio Ulaire Enquea, Sixth of the Nine Riders, Ulaire Cantea, Faster Than Winds and Ulaire Otsea, Duplicitous Specter repeatedly come into play it has to get you so bad - in corporation with site changing Nelya.

I would be very interested to see match up like this. How do you deal with that  :)

Naturally I can imagine several scenarios when you easily make it against them in case your opponent does not draw good and you do. But im thinking in general, if both sides draw equally good.

Let me know your view, I`d appreciate it :)

Hey LukasSchor! Wow, a fairly recent post!

It is amazing to think that this deck is nearing its TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY. Wow, does that make me feel old.

Had some people ask me about this deck recently, so I figured I'd pay it a visit and bump it.

As to LukasSchor's questions, I think I mostly addressed them in the procedures and analysis in Post #1: If your opponent is playing Nazgul, then you drop Mount Doom in Region 2 at the earliest opportunity. If he plays Buckland, he will only get one use out of it. If he holds Buckland for Region 3, then you will probably be too set up at that point for it to help him much. Forest Nazgul rely on forests for their strength, and the Madril deck will almost entirely be playing it's own sites, which are mostly not Forests.

Of the Nazgul you mentioned, Ulaire Enquea, Sixth of the Nine Riders is the only one that can't be countered, and if he drops with Ulaire Cantea, Faster Than Winds, Stewards' Legacy will instantly disable Cantea. Then Smeagol's event just plays Mithlond, and the damage is undone.
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir

May 16, 2023, 07:40:18 AM
Reply #46

Syksy

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2023, 07:40:18 AM »
Hello! I am looking into making a deck to expanded and this style of deck is really interesting for me so I was wondering how does it fare nowadays? Also I haven't used GEMP but does that use player council versions of cards because their version of Madril seems heavily nerfed?

May 16, 2023, 01:36:30 PM
Reply #47

Tunadan

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2023, 01:36:30 PM »
Gemp uses Decipher and PC versions depending on the format. PC Madril is nerfed, but not dumpstered for sure, however this deck probably wouldn't fare as well there.
He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.