LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: KnightBomb  (Read 7628 times)

January 08, 2014, 08:22:29 PM
Read 7628 times

ramolnar

• Information Offline
  • Troll
KnightBomb
« on: January 08, 2014, 08:22:29 PM »
Jolvan called this the "boa constrictor" deck. There have been a couple requests for decklists, so here you go. It does no damage for a while then eventually explodes. Of the 17 minions in the deck, 11 or 12 minions is quite common at sites 7 through 9. I've gotten 15 on the table at least once. Even 9 companions have a problem with 12-13 minions. It's also quite fun to play, though it's a little difficult to time things. You want to play Fellowship cards and discard frequently. The deck can win at 4 or 5, but it most frequently goes off at sites 7 and 8. The threat of the bomb forces some stops, and the Knights can just plow through shadow sides like Nazgul and many wounding decks.

This was not my original idea. It came from Alex Tennet (see http://decktech.net/lotr/decks/decks.php?deck=32193). I converted it to have a more stable Fellowship with Knights. It's slower but can actually win on the Fellowship side. It's beatable - on GEMP it's 53-14 for a 79% win rate, less than two of my better Movie Block decks - but it surprises people a lot. It's a fragile deck. For instance, condition removal plus one PATHS will defeat you. There are only two cards to deal with Tale of the Great Ring. Lots of direct damage is a problem, but you can often usually steal Aragorn's Bow at the right time. Galadriel, Lady Redeemed is bad, though not terrible because discarding an event is one less used. Curse their Foul Feet! can be pretty bad, but there are only 13 Orcs in the deck. If you expect to play a lot of Elves and Archery, there's another version that plays Isengard Warrior and Saruman's Snows, but you have to sacrifice the Goblin Armories to do so. It doesn't extend the hand as much because Armories generate pool for Underdeeps. That version is more of a "stupid" swarm and tries to win earlier.

The FP side wants to play cards. Alcarin and Ingold start. The only card worth holding is Aragorn's Bow in some matchups. It routinely goes over 5 companions because nobody except Isildur is really important. There are 3 Saplings to handle one Enquea anyway. Faramir is fodder, but after that who you sacrifice depends on the matchup. One thing I occasionally forget is that Elendil is not a knight and does not get the +1 from Gondor Bow or count for the 3 knights for Fourth Level and Citadel of the Stars. This deck needs 3 knights on the table so Elendil often gets sacrificed. Drawing His Eye is a luxury card, but it's great luxury.

Comments on some cards appear in the decklist inside [braces]. If I were to add another card to each side, I'd add another Aragorn and Host of Thousands. You don't want to make this deck too big because it works best when you're near the bottom, and you need to get to the bottom before site 9.

Ring-bearer: Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms
Ring: The One Ring, Answer To All Riddles

Adventure deck:
Steps of Edoras
Rohirrim Camp
Base of Mindolluin
Osgiliath Fallen
Crashed Gate [sometimes people will add threats, which is good. Otherwise this is neutral.]
Minas Tirith Sixth Circle
Pelennor Grassland [most neutral option because I tend to have 6 companions following. I don't want to be stopped or forced to move, and I don't have many minions that can exert to draw cards.]
Morgulduin [only way to recycle Enquea]
Haunted Pass

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
1x Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon
2x Aragorn, Captain of Gondor
1x Elendil, The Tall
1x Faramir, Defender of Osgiliath
2x Garrison of Gondor
1x Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth
1x Ingold
1x Sam, Son of Hamfast
1x Aragorn's Bow
1x Athelas
3x Gondor Bow
1x Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
3x Sapling of the White Tree
1x Scroll of Isildur
2x Drawing His Eye
3x Citadel of the Stars [this + Fourth Level = dead.]
4x Fourth Level
2x Sixth Level
2x Stone Tower
1x The Saga of Elendil

Shadow Draw Deck:
4x Goblin Armory
1x The Underdeeps of Moria [one is enough because Host of Moria can retrieve it]
4x Goblin Scavengers
4x Goblin Runner
3x Goblin Sneak
1x Goblin Warrior
1x Host of Moria, Legion of the Underdeeps

[Host of Moria is often critical. For a while there were 2, but you don't need it until late and it costs 7. The right card to pick is most often Goblin Scavengers, but it can also be Underdeeps or Warrior if you need them. Once in a while it's something else.]

1x Úlairë Enquëa, Lieutenant of Morgul
4x Black Sails of Umbar
2x Corsair Marauder
1x Corsair Plunderer

[For a long time there were 2 Plunderer and 3 Black Sails. Eventually I realized that I was holding the Corsairs too long. The point of the Black Sails is to get minions as part of the bomb. Play them out and get them again later. 2 Marauder will strip one or two annoying weapons like a sword on the ringbearer or Aragorn's Bow.]

4x Goblin Scimitar
2x Host of Thousands [maybe 3 of these and 3 black sails?]
1x Unfamiliar Territory [Grr... Tale of the great ring ...]
1x Discovered [Tale of the great ring again, but also removes other annoying stuff.]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 02:41:12 AM by ramolnar »

January 09, 2014, 08:03:54 AM
Reply #1

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
Re: KnightBomb
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 08:03:54 AM »
Brilliant! I love the Corsairs splashed in there, it's great how you've figured out how to make use of Marauder without a dedicated Corsair deck.
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir

January 15, 2014, 05:56:30 PM
Reply #2

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 05:56:30 PM »
Actually, without bringing the Op down, Corsairs in Moria is a known trick since the original firebomb deck. Its called Moria navy iirc.

January 15, 2014, 07:37:57 PM
Reply #3

ramolnar

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 07:37:57 PM »
I agree, Ringbearer, and I included a link to Alex Tennet from when the physical cards were first printed. This isn't a new deck by any means. A couple people had asked for the decklist so I decided to post it.

January 16, 2014, 09:13:59 AM
Reply #4

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 09:13:59 AM »
Could you post a replay?
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

January 20, 2014, 08:44:26 PM
Reply #5

maverick2909

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 08:44:26 PM »
Hello, I was wondering if you ever considered using Banner of the Westernesse for the fellowship side of this deck? I really like it and think I might put something very similar together and couldn't help but thinking that card would fit well.

January 22, 2014, 11:13:40 PM
Reply #6

ramolnar

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 11:13:40 PM »
I have thought about Banner of Westernesse. It would help in some matchups. Interestingly, the site liberation might be more important than healing. I don't include Banner because there is a lot of vitality in this deck and wounds aren't often a problem. I'd rather having Drawing His Eye which discards an annoying card.

You could try it. Maybe you could replace 1 Stone Tower because I don't use that card often.