LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Theodred Wounding Deck/Easterling captain  (Read 3662 times)

January 26, 2014, 06:02:24 PM
Read 3662 times

DRakoGG

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Theodred Wounding Deck/Easterling captain
« on: January 26, 2014, 06:02:24 PM »
Well, I must admit it. once I saw Theodred, Second Marshal of the Mark , well I loved him on the spot. I don't know why he seems sooo cool and his ability I guess is pretty cool 2. I mean with a mount he can deliver two exertions easily. So I wanted to make a deck with him on the center. judge for yourselves if I made it or not. Suggestions always welcome :)

FP:

Frodo, Resolute Hobbit
One Ring, The Great Ring

Theodred, second marshal of the mark
Pippin, WoBaS
Merry, Swordthain

4x Gandalf, Powerful Guide
1x Barliman Butterbur, Prancing Pony Proprietor
1x Old Noakes
1x Radagast's Herb Bag
1x Brego
1x rider's Mount
1x Rohirrim Helm
1x Spear of the Mark
3x Servant of the secret Fire
1x Strenght of spirit
4x Unheeded
1x Brooding on Tomorrow
1x A light in his Mind
2x Birthday Present
3x Home and Hearth
1x Scouring of the Shire
2x Shadowplay

Shadow:

2x Easterling Army
4x Easterling Captain
2x Easterling Pillager
3x Easterling lieutenant
2x Easterling Regiment
1x Shotgun Enquea
4x Easterling Polearm
3x Raider Bow
2x Ships of great Draught
3x red wrath
2x Vision from afar
1x Bold Men and grim
3x Small Hope

Adventure Path:

courtyard parapet
pelennor flat
ettenmoors
steward's tomb
mithlond
stables
wold Battlefield
valley of the silverlode
Green Dragon Inn

Ok, so maybe theodred is co-star with Gandalf :s. Some clarifications: only 2 shadowplays because generally I want to have a skirmish phase. I use them only on nasty fellows that can do things at shadow(troll keyward for instance) or maneuver(mumak commander etc.). Originally I had 2 spear of the mark but I have rarely used the defender +1 keyword. More useful at times is the helm which allows me to cancel 1 or 2 skirmishes(with swordthain). i try to have at least 1-2 unheeded and/or 1-2 spells at hand when I move. I would like to add maybe Glamdring, foe hammer for more burden removal, or a sting to somewhat protect frodo of nertea but i don't want to add too many cards as Gandalf is vital so he needs to come fast. Some times I don't hesitate to kill or discard Pip who protects me at site 2 or 3 but then is kinda of +1 pool. rarely I need so many exertions so I kill him maybe on a double move, cause this deck has some problems when it comes to double moving. Any suggestions?? Birthday present gets unheeded and then home and hearth removes burdens thats pretty straight forward I guess.

Shadow side I tried to find something that discourages people from double moving mostly and I think that its pretty good at it. Easterling Captain is the key ofcourse but a burden win is not all too unfamiliar with pillager. Any card can be brought back with ships so it cycles well I think. Anything u might suggest??

Thanks to everyone who has readen this through! any thoughts welcome :)

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=DRakoGG$qo8j1ovee3trbj7q  : this replay is against my fellow sgtdraino in which regardless of the looping cavern it did pretty well and in the end did some nasty things to sauron himself :)