LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Free Peoples Card Drawing Cycling  (Read 5001 times)

April 25, 2014, 06:27:10 AM
Read 5001 times

thetimewarptrio

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Free Peoples Card Drawing Cycling
« on: April 25, 2014, 06:27:10 AM »
What are some good free peoples cards to use in a large deck that needs some help cycling (mostly, just the card drawing aspect of cycling, I have no problem getting cards on the playing field, just need to get more in hand)? Specifically, I'm looking in Movie Block (1-10) in a Shire heavy, with Gondor support deck. I have room for another companion (potentially Gandalf, The Grey Pilgrim), but I would like to keep my cultures under 2. Ideas?
If we're gonna play games, I'm gonna need a cup of coffee.

April 25, 2014, 03:29:19 PM
Reply #1

jdizzy001

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Free Peoples Card Drawing Cycling
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 03:29:19 PM »
dwarf culture is among the best at cycling. however, freeps is a bit harder to cycle, what with the 4 cards per fellowship phase.
*All posts made by jdizzy001, regardless of the thread in which they appear, are expressions of his own opinion and as such are not representative of views shared by any third party unless expressly acknowledged as such by said party.

I play LOTR SBG look at my minis!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124731667611081.33577.100002227457509&l=aeb5fa3bdd

April 26, 2014, 03:44:40 AM
Reply #2

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 03:44:40 AM »
Dwarves aren't that great at cycling in movie unless you like Delving.  There's no No Pauses No Spills and Book of Mazarbul doesn't work.  If you're going Shire/Gondor, I assume you're playing Bilbo, Well Spoken Gentlehobbit to get rid of conditions with lots of tales.  If so, have a few Red Book of Westmarch.  Sometimes you can get to 4 cards in hand, play loads of tales and remove all your burdens with A Light In His Mind.  That depends on your deck, though.

April 26, 2014, 05:14:41 AM
Reply #3

thetimewarptrio

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 05:14:41 AM »
Red Book of Westmarch would be awesome to use, but I'm using Bilbo, Bearer of Things Burgled (not starting or as ringbearer, just as a companion) in conjunction with Sam, Great Elf Warrior to A) play tales during the regroup phase and B) make Sam a tank. Although I have Hobbiton Party Field and Hobbit Farmer in an attempt to get Bilbo out as soon as possible, I don't want to make it Bilbo dependent (this is a deck I'm building in reality, and usually play 3-4 player games).

April 26, 2014, 05:59:23 AM
Reply #4

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 05:59:23 AM »
What format is this?  You cannot play Sam, GEW in Fellowship Block, but you seem to be using the sites.  s this Pre-Shadows Multipath?  This is posted in movie, so I assumed it was that format.

But if you have Bilbo and a few Tales, a Red Book is always a nice addition.  You can use the ability in the Regroup Phase, too.  That way A Light in His Mind can circumvent the burdens you add by Bilbo.

April 26, 2014, 07:03:04 AM
Reply #5

thetimewarptrio

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 07:03:04 AM »
This is just a format my friends and I have came up with, where you can use any site (be it 1, 1T, or 1K etc.) using blocks 10 and under. I suppose it's a Pre-Shadows multipath? But seeing as there isn't a section for that, this was the best place to put it.

I could drop in Red Book and cut a PATHS, but my deck only sports four different tales (five if I throw in A Light in His Mind) so getting those in order in addition to Bilbo isn't necessarily probable and could be a waste of a spot. I've already dropped in a Gandalf, The Grey Pilgrim (mostly because of Pippin, Mr. Took is one of my starting, and I do have Aragorn, Heir of Elendil in the deck).

April 26, 2014, 07:16:33 AM
Reply #6

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 07:16:33 AM »
http://lotrtcgwiki.com/wiki/draw has two index lists that might help: one for drawing cards, one for taking cards into hand.   This is for all cards in all formats, but they're at least in order, so you'll only have to read through a particular culture until you get to one outside of movie block to know you've seen what's available.

http://lotrtcgwiki.com/wiki/rule_of_4 has a list of cards affected by the Rule of 4, so is basically "all free peoples cards that take cards into hand during the fellowship phase", which may just be what you're looking for.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

April 26, 2014, 07:17:48 AM
Reply #7

thetimewarptrio

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 07:17:48 AM »
Yesss this ^ is what I was looking for. I was almost sure a page like this existed on this site, but couldn't find it for the life of me.

April 26, 2014, 07:34:56 AM
Reply #8

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 07:34:56 AM »
Well, they didn't exist until 10 minutes ago, lol, so that might be why you couldn't find them.  I saw this thread and jumped over to those pages instead of the ones I was working on, since there was obviously a need. 

Enjoy.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

April 26, 2014, 09:53:38 AM
Reply #9

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 09:53:38 AM »
Thanks, though Ottar definitely needs adding to the "Rule of 4" list

April 26, 2014, 10:58:41 AM
Reply #10

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 10:58:41 AM »
Heh, his "draw an equal" phrase defeated my search function.  Added him to both indices, as well as Abandoning Reason for Madness which followed the same wording.  Can't be forgetting that card of all cards.

Thanks!