LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Article Feedback  (Read 31175 times)

August 16, 2015, 04:25:00 AM
Reply #45

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
Re: Article Feedback
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2015, 04:25:00 AM »
Added General Strategy for Galadriel, Lady Redeemed, who already had Strengths and Weaknesses written. I had trouble with the auto-linker in this one, I had to manually link War Club and Cirdan, TS. Reading back, it doesn't appear to have linked Hides either...
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

August 16, 2015, 08:37:21 AM
Reply #46

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2015, 08:37:21 AM »
Galadriel LR is also useful to start a splashed Elf, and use cards that require one. Ideas I've used are: The Council of Elrond to play tales (powerful with Bilbo), and Saved From the Fire to set up the [Elven] side of your fellowship (useful to start Gandalf LoM and a [Gondor] Man, a Dwarf and an Elf to play Well Met Indeed, and to replace soon Galadriel and that UB Dwarf/Gondorian with stronger companions).

I even made a deck with both ideas, time ago: start Bilbo as RB, with Gandalf LoM, Merry (any version), Pippin FtF and Galadriel as starting fellows. Burn Galadriel with SFtF asap to get an [Elven] ally (preferably Elrond HtGG) and 2x The Council of Elrond. Use both events to get [Shire] tales (preferably RBoW and either TABA or TTotGR), without having to burn a Hobbit to get them! That's 13 twilight, but you assemble much quicker (RBoW draws tons!), draw 1 card, and filter out 6 FP cards from draw deck at once.

Frankly, I think those ideas are hard to write in that article and there is no need to do so. But those are the only practical uses I give her. Because I HATE that version of the Witch! :D
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

August 17, 2015, 04:08:46 AM
Reply #47

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2015, 04:08:46 AM »
Cool ideas! I definitely want to have a go with using Saved from the Fire on her, it'd make it easier to use cards like Final Count which are normally such a pain to set up. Especially since Dunharrow Plateau will fetch My Axe is Notched...

Wrote article for Thrarin, DS, adding Anduin Confluence as a Weakness. There must be a host of cards that he's immune to, being an ally rather than a companion, but I only came up with 4 off the top of my head + Thin and Stretched, which I didn't want to mention here because he's only one ally, so odds are on a companion will still skirmish and trigger it. Will want to mention that one with Horn of Boromir.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

August 17, 2015, 06:27:14 PM
Reply #48

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2015, 06:27:14 PM »
The problem with Final Count + My Axe Is Notched is the fragility. Gimli FA can protect his condition, but Final Count is totally helpless against condition removal, which is easy in Movie Block (Great Hill Troll, Grond, Saruman BT, Discovered...). Anyway it's very funny when everything is on the board. And burning a splash Galadriel has many other options to try: Elrond + Vilya + anything else; 2 [Elven] characters + TLAoEaM; an Elf companion + 2 items; Elrond HtGG + Shoulder to Shoulder (to remove 2+ wounds per turn from your Dwarves)...

In respect of Thrarin DS, addded the mighty combo with Disquiet of Our People + Shoulder to Shoulder. I've used it in some opportunities against a swarm led by The Balrog and a Cave Troll :twisted:...

EDIT: Another option to use Disquiet with Thrarin is to give him an Endurance of Dwarves, which allows to use that combo in Dwarf-only fellowships. Added it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 11:06:19 AM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

August 18, 2015, 06:20:00 AM
Reply #49

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2015, 06:20:00 AM »
I agree, it ends up being more of a fun combo than a viable one. I have seen it work a couple of times, but as you said, post Two Towers there's just too much condition discard. I like trying to make weird cards work though. Well, except for Lightfootedness ;)

I've never tried the Disquiet + Thrarin combo, shame it wouldn't work with Strength of Spirit :( I did win a game once with Disquiet on a Dwarf Guard at site 9. They don't normally last that long though.

Madril, DoO is written.

August 18, 2015, 02:18:29 PM
Reply #50

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2015, 02:18:29 PM »
Expanded article for The Ruling Ring 1C2.

August 19, 2015, 05:17:55 PM
Reply #51

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2015, 05:17:55 PM »
Added article for A Wizard is Never Late. Would it be better to use CRD quotes with my Rules and Clarifications? Or is okay to have the statement on its own? I thought there was a [Gandalf] card that played followers from your draw deck, which I was going to use for comparison, but I can't find it. Maybe it was a [Shire] card.

EDIT: Did The Seen and the Unseen as well.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 04:38:20 AM by Dictionary »

August 21, 2015, 05:33:02 AM
Reply #52

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2015, 05:33:02 AM »
Article written for Grima, Wormtongue.

August 21, 2015, 01:31:24 PM
Reply #53

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2015, 01:31:24 PM »
Good article! Added more counters to Grima:

- Ringbound-only fellowships
- Ents and other Unbound companions who can manage without bearing any card
- Foul Creation (can discard Grima from your hand)
- Great Day, Great Hour
- Unheeded (if a card exerts Grima)
- Shadowplay
- Denethor, Last Ruling Steward

Also wrote a line about discarding those cards returned by Grima with Band of the Eye or Tower Lieutenant.

Added Foul Creation and A New Light as weaknesses to Saruman SotE, Saruman's Staff WD and Staff of Saruman FIS.

August 22, 2015, 07:27:38 AM
Reply #54

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2015, 07:27:38 AM »
Thanks :) I get the feeling A New Light is going to be on a lot of minions, but I guess that's because we're writing up all the important ones at the moment, and that's what A New Light is good against.

Article for Grima, CC is up.

August 22, 2015, 10:37:17 AM
Reply #55

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2015, 10:37:17 AM »
Wrote article for Gil-Galad, High King of the Noldor. I don't yet consider this complete; there's so much that can be said about this guy, and I'm sure I've missed stuff, particularly under Strengths and Weaknesses. But I was running out of steam after the General Strategy. :(

August 24, 2015, 03:25:53 AM
Reply #56

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2015, 03:25:53 AM »
Elf Song written.

August 24, 2015, 05:48:37 PM
Reply #57

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2015, 05:48:37 PM »
Good article. Short and efficient. Added more cards to the Weak versus list:

- [Wraith] Dark Whispers, Ulaire Enquea RiT, Ulaire Toldea MoM, The Ring Draws Them, They Will Find the Ring;
- [Isengard] Orthanc Berserker, Traitor's Voice and Evil Afoot;
- [Sauron] Enduring Evil, The Eye of Sauron, Get Off the Road!;
- [Moria] Troubled Mountains.

Those in bold require require X burdens to trigger (like Nazgul Sword and Shotgun Enquea, which you included). Removing 1 burden is often enough to delay that trigger and nullify that strategy for at least 1 turn more (pretty annoying). The rest spot X burdens to get X benefits, those aren't as damaged by the remotion of only 1 burden.

About Gil-Galad, High King of the Noldor, I can't help in anything because I don't play expanded (and had to quit IRL after Set 11).

August 25, 2015, 04:27:50 AM
Reply #58

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2015, 04:27:50 AM »
Thanks for the additions. I know what you mean, I never played any games past The Two Towers IRL, but since I found Gemp I've played and enjoyed all the common formats. Expanded article for Gil-Galad, HKotN and wrote article for Lurtz's Battle Cry.

August 26, 2015, 04:54:37 AM
Reply #59

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2015, 04:54:37 AM »