LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Newbro Article Submission  (Read 5599 times)

June 18, 2014, 12:49:11 PM
Read 5599 times

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
Newbro Article Submission
« on: June 18, 2014, 12:49:11 PM »
So I had a thought today about new users making posts; some people have expressed an interest in helping write or edit articles for the wiki but cannot due to low post counts.  While I would encourage all such individuals to still work towards the minimum post count, there's no reason we can't use your work until then! 

So, effective immediately, if anyone would like to put up an article but cannot, post it in this thread and I will take it, review it, and upload it.  It even counts as a post towards your minimum, so two birds one stone! 

If anyone mentions not being able to contribute because of a low post count, please link them to this thread to set them straight.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

July 18, 2015, 03:04:11 AM
Reply #1

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
Re: Newbro Article Submission
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 03:04:11 AM »
I know this is an old topic, but if the offer's still open, I'd like to contribute, I'm not at the required 25 posts yet.

I have an article for the card Gandalf, Mithrandir:

General Strategy:
Gandalf, Mithrandir is an extremely powerful companion with built in strength and damage bonuses, at the cost of a wound each turn. Although he is used infrequently due to a deck requiring a lot of healing, the benefits can well outweigh the costs. As he has the Aragorn signet, you get strong synergy with Aragorn, King in Exile who effectively cancels out the wounding, and you can also use Hard Choice to heal him. Of his own culture, Have Patience, Intimidate, Gandalf's Staff and Narya are all effective. There are also other options such as Elrond, Herald to Gil-Galad, and Moment of Respite (Return of the King). Finally, some sites such as Westemnet Hills (Healing Gandalf immediately after his wound if he has Shadowfax) and Minas Tirith Fifth Circle are effective.

Provided you can keep Mithrandir's vitality in check, he has the potential to decimate minions. With a strength of 12 with Shadowfax (Or Glamdring), and no way for the Shadow Player to reduce his base strength (Unlike The White Wizard and Defender of the West) he is a strong and deadly addition to your fellowship. Be wary of giving him a ring, staff and horse/weapon, as he is then susceptible to Grima, Wormtongue, and a sudden loss of vitality could spell his end.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Strong versus...
- Powerful minions, such as Nazgul and Uruks.
- Vitality heavy minions, such as Isengard Orcs and Warg-Riders

Weak versus...
- Wounding decks.
- High damage large minions, such as Cave Troll of Moria, SOTBP with Cave Troll's Hammer.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

July 18, 2015, 12:18:32 PM
Reply #2

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 12:18:32 PM »
Here you go!  Glad I still get email notifications for this section, else I never would have seen this, lol. 

I did make a few adjustments here and there.  If you have anything else you'd like to add, feel free to keep posting here, an article per post, and I'll be sure to put them up as quickly as I see them.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

July 19, 2015, 01:41:29 PM
Reply #3

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 01:41:29 PM »
Thanks so much for the prompt reply! Here's an article for Pallando Deceived:

General Strategy:

Pallando Deceived, along with Alatar Deceived and Radagast Deceived make up the three wizard conditions of Bloodlines. Pallando Deceived is the most versatile of the three; he is generally the only one that fights in normal and fierce skirmishes, and he can activated by exerting any version of Saruman, or by exerting an opponent's Gandalf or Radagast. Combined with Throne of Isengard, Pallando Deceived makes for a deadly minion. He can also benefit from the Men Will Fall event if you need extra pumps.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Strong versus...
* Fellowships containing Gandalf or Radagast.
* Wounding Fellowships.
* Choke Fellowships.

Weak versus...
* Boromir, BoC
* Elven skirmish event decks (Can be overwhelmed)
* Heavy Condition discard decks.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

July 19, 2015, 02:18:03 PM
Reply #4

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 02:18:03 PM »
Was Men Will Fall the event you meant?  That doesn't mention Wizards, only Saruman by name.

July 19, 2015, 02:25:13 PM
Reply #5

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 02:25:13 PM »
I assumed Saruman would be out there with your Deceived Wizards, and you can then use the event in Pallando's skirmish. Sorry, I probably should have elaborated a bit more...

July 19, 2015, 04:44:51 PM
Reply #6

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 04:44:51 PM »
That's fine, just making sure.  It's up already.

July 20, 2015, 08:03:38 AM
Reply #7

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 08:03:38 AM »
Thanks. Faramir, Son of Denethor:

General Strategy:
Faramir, SoD is the most expensive Faramir of Two Towers, as he doesn't have any Starting Fellowship Twilight Reduction. However, his ability to prevent all enemy skirmish effects is incredibly useful, and, unlike many other companions from the early sets, never becomes obsolete. Use this Faramir to avoid extra wounds from [Sauron] Orcs such as Orc Soldier, to freeze Gollum wounding decks, to guarantee winning a skirmish and to guarantee avoiding a surprise overwhelm. Also note that he is Ring-Bound, and as such is immune to Grima, Wormtongue, so he can bear as many cards as you want.

Strengths and Weaknesses:

Strong Versus...
* Any deck that depends on killing using skirmishes (Either by strength or wounding)

Weak Versus...
* Archery Decks
* Corruption Decks
* Eventless Decks

July 20, 2015, 10:32:24 AM
Reply #8

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 10:32:24 AM »

July 21, 2015, 03:16:27 PM
Reply #9

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 03:16:27 PM »
Here's an article for Alatar Deceived. It's pretty similar to Pallando, but I tried to vary it as much as possible in the middle. A lot of its also kind of generic description rather than strategy, but it's hard with these guys to mention combos, seeing as they're fairly limited as to what they can synergise with. Thoughts?

General Strategy:

Alatar Deceived, along with Pallando Deceived and Radagast Deceived make up the three wizard conditions of Bloodlines. Alatar Deceived usually only fights in fierce skirmishes (although Gollum with A Dark Shape Sprang against Gandalf could trigger him early.), however his innate damage + 1 bonus helps to make up for this. Bear in mind he is triggered by an opponent's wizard as well as by Pallando Deceived and Saruman. Combined with Throne of Isengard, Alatar Deceived makes for a deadly minion. He can also benefit from the Men Will Fall event if you need extra pumps.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Strong versus...
* Wounding Fellowships.
* Choke Fellowships.

Weak versus...
* Boromir, BoC
* Heavy Condition discard decks.

July 21, 2015, 03:36:24 PM
Reply #10

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 03:36:24 PM »
Rearranged this one a bit, but kept all your points.  Keep 'em comin!

July 22, 2015, 12:40:21 PM
Reply #11

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 12:40:21 PM »
So I was looking at the One Rings today. I assume we'd want to have a note for the common reprints re-directing viewers to the set 1 common (Which has already got strategy written)? In any case, it looks like Such a Weight to Carry is next in line for strategy, so here we go:

General Strategy:
The One Ring, SaWtC is a reasonably popular and versatile One Ring. It doesn't give any extra vitality, unlike ATAR and Isildur's Bane, but it does provide a built-in 2 extra strength, which is usually the most important requirement for a ring-bearer (Particularly Frodo). It can be equipped in the maneuver phase, which takes some forward-thinking, but the advantage of this is that you can take archery wounds as burdens (Which is not the case with ATAR). It also doesn't need to be put on that often, since its strength bonus applies all the time. Note that it is still not as versatile as Isildur's Bane, which can always be put on in response to a wound; SaWtC is vulnerable to Regoup wounds and pre-maneuver wounds.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Strong versus...
* Archery
* Wounding
* Corruption

Weak versus...
* [Isengard] Orcs
* Doorway to Doom and Little Snuffler

July 22, 2015, 12:53:45 PM
Reply #12

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 12:53:45 PM »
I think it might be better to have pages for each of those reprints of The Ruling Ring.  Unlike, say, promotional or tengwar reprints, which have a different image but not much else, the context in which each of the Ruling Rings was released has changed with each reprint.  Note, for instance, that 1C2 mostly spends time contrasting it with Isildur's Bane, but offers no contrast for any other ring (except a quick reference to Answer to All Riddles), as there weren't any in the context of Fellowship. 

But I dunno, maybe I'm off base on this, and we can just redirect all the reprints to 1C2, but in that case a much more comprehensive article needs to be written, I think.

Article posted here.

July 22, 2015, 01:32:14 PM
Reply #13

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 01:32:14 PM »
Fair enough, I can write those if needed, I had a feeling I had seen Kralik say somewhere that we could start by filling out all the One Ring strategies, so I'll focus on those from now on. That being said, here's Radagast Deceived:

General Strategy:
Radagast Deceived, along with Pallando Deceived and Alatar Deceived make up the three wizard conditions of Bloodlines. Radagast Deceived is the most difficult wizard to trigger with Saruman, as you need to heal him early on in a turn. The best version of Saruman for this is Agent of the Dark Lord, as you can use either his built-in effect, Defensive Rush or Fury of the Evil Army to heal him. Even then, you usually only get a fierce skirmish for Radagast Deceived. If your opponent has wizard companions however, they should set off Radagast Deceived for you, since he'll trigger off their Sanctuary healing, or any other form of healing, and will subsequently fight in both skirmishes. Combined with Throne of Isengard, Radagast Deceived makes for a deadly minion. He can also benefit from the Men Will Fall event if you need extra pumps.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Strong versus...
* Wounding Fellowships.
* Choke Fellowships.

Weak versus...
* Boromir, BoC
* Heavy Condition discard decks

July 22, 2015, 04:23:39 PM
Reply #14

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 04:23:39 PM »