LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Uruk-Hai Swarm  (Read 5301 times)

April 10, 2014, 09:52:16 AM
Read 5301 times

Carl333

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
  • "But it is not this day. This day we fight!"
Uruk-Hai Swarm
« on: April 10, 2014, 09:52:16 AM »
Here is the final deck list for my Uruk-Hai Swarm.  I can honestly say I have yet to lose while using this deck.

4x Orthanc Warrior
1x Uruk Brood
2x Uruk Captain
3x Uruk Lieutenant
4x Uruk Regular
2x Uruk Scout
4x Uruk Soldier
2x Uruk Spy
2x Uruk Warrior
4x Cirith Ungol Guard
2x Cirith Ungol Sentinel
2x Cirith Ungol Sentry
3x Ithil Stone
1x Saruman's Power
1x The Palantir of Orthanc, Seventh Seeing Stone
(1x Uruk Vanguard?) It depends if you want him or not

So the basic strategy is to swarm your opponent.  I usually pair this up with a Gimli, Dwarf of Erebor Fellowship Set, so he can place minions on the bottom.  Come site 9, drop the bomb.  I can usually get out a good ten minions.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 02:45:12 PM by Carl333 »
"Do you ever wonder why we are here?  Maybe you're here because it is the only place you fit in.  Maybe you're here because you have nowhere else to go.  Maybe you're here because deep down, you want to be here.  It doesn't matter why you're here.  All that matters is that you are here!"

April 12, 2014, 05:07:13 AM
Reply #1

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Uruk-Hai Swarm
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 05:07:13 AM »
My most successful movie shadow on GCCG used to be a mixed mordor/isengard uruk swarm. Key cards were
Ithil Stone
Cirith Ungol Sentinel
Uruk Regular
Uruk Captain
The rest can be filled with whatever cheap uruks, I imagine that some of the new ones should be nice additions, just don't forget to meet the spotting requirements of the sentinel (I used Cirith Ungol Sentry and Shagrat).
In some versions I also played Suffered Much Loss and Uruk Vanguard, if you can play it for 4-5 with regular, it can be pretty devastating.

April 14, 2014, 08:51:41 AM
Reply #2

Carl333

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 08:51:41 AM »
Thanks, I'm going to have to try those.
"Do you ever wonder why we are here?  Maybe you're here because it is the only place you fit in.  Maybe you're here because you have nowhere else to go.  Maybe you're here because deep down, you want to be here.  It doesn't matter why you're here.  All that matters is that you are here!"

April 15, 2014, 02:28:56 AM
Reply #3

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 02:28:56 AM »
Wow, those are some devious combinations.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

June 22, 2014, 09:54:43 AM
Reply #4

Carl333

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 09:54:43 AM »
Here is the final deck list for my Uruk-Hai Swarm.  I can honestly say I have yet to lose while using this deck.

4x Orthanc Warrior
1x Uruk Brood
2x Uruk Captain
3x Uruk Lieutenant
4x Uruk Regular
2x Uruk Scout
4x Uruk Soldier
2x Uruk Spy
2x Uruk Warrior
4x Cirith Ungol Guard
2x Cirith Ungol Sentinel
2x Cirith Ungol Sentry
3x Ithil Stone
1x Saruman's Power
(1x Uruk Vanguard?) It depends if you want him or not

So the basic strategy is to swarm your opponent.  I usually pair this up with a Gimli, Dwarf of Erebor Fellowship Set, so he can place minions on the bottom.  Come site 9, drop the bomb.  I can usually get out a good ten minions.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:56:01 AM by Carl333 »

June 22, 2014, 05:15:44 PM
Reply #5

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 05:15:44 PM »
How would this deck do against large fellowships like ents? Perhaps add a copy of  The Number Must Be Few

June 22, 2014, 07:46:04 PM
Reply #6

Carl333

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 07:46:04 PM »
No, even with ents, all you need is 10 minions and he is dead.  Whether by overwhelm or uruk spy.  Thank you for the suggestion though.  Feel free to make any more.  That is why I posted this here.

June 24, 2014, 10:16:54 PM
Reply #7

ramolnar

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 10:16:54 PM »
This is an interesting deck, though The One Ring, The Great Ring might be troubling.

I'm wondering why you use the minion mix you have? If I was swarming, I'd almost always prefer 4 Cirith Ungol Guard to 2 Guards and 2 Patrollers. And why not play 4 Uruk Regular? And do you really have enough twilight for Uruk Brood?

I'd also consider Greed, just because it puts fear into opponent's hearts.

June 25, 2014, 08:55:16 AM
Reply #8

Carl333

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 08:55:16 AM »
I guess, having two more Cirith Ungol Guard woulden't hurt.  As for Uruk Brood I usually have only one just for fun.  I do not use Greed, mainly because I consider it broken.  Thank you for your suggestions.

June 25, 2014, 05:06:40 PM
Reply #9

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 05:06:40 PM »
Expanded has many broken cards, Greed is one that helps to keep them in check, I'd definitely run a few copies. Shagrat, Captain of Cirith Ungol is a good early threat, and also a very good pull from Ithil Stone and Uruk Regular, I highly recommend trying it. I'd add single copy of Mauhur, Relentless Hunter. Since this is expanded Uruk-Hai Healer may worth some consideration, some of your minions (captain and regular) are always exhausted and it help fighting stuff like Powerful Guide, Archery and all that jazz.

I'd play the full set of 4 Cirith Ungol Sentinels, in my experience, it is the stronges card for the swarm after regular. Don't worry too much about the spoting requirement, you play them in hordes anyway, I only had 4 sentries and 3 shagrat in my movie block version, and worket prefetly fine.

I really dislike Uruk Soldier, too easy to kill with cards like Greenleaf or Aragorn's Bow, or Powerful Guide, you don't want to lose a minion from your swarm for only one activation of those cards.