LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Theodred and the Hobbits (FP only)  (Read 2746 times)

April 20, 2014, 09:07:05 AM
Read 2746 times

Thorondir

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
  • Fell deeds awake!
Theodred and the Hobbits (FP only)
« on: April 20, 2014, 09:07:05 AM »
Hey there. This is a new deck I've been trying to build. I'm pretty sure it's not original but I modified it. I couldn't even remember who built it first...

There we go:

Ring-bearer: Frodo, Resolute Hobbit
Ring: The One Ring, The Great Ring

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
[Starter]
1x Theodred, Second Marshal of the Mark
1x Merry, Swordthain
1x Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver

1x Bilbo, Melancholy Hobbit
1x Gandalf, Powerful Guide

1x Glamdring, Foe-hammer
1x Brego
1x Riddermark Javelin
1x Rider's Mount
1x Rohirrim Helm
1x Spear of the Mark
1x Hobbit Sword
1x Gandalf's Staff

2x A Wizard Is Never Late
1x Fireworks
2x Long I Fell
1x New-awakened
2x Strength of Spirit
1x Traveled Leader
4x Unheeded

2x Birthday Present
1x Consorting With Wizards
2x Home and Hearth
3x Shadowplay
1x Simple Living

Adventure deck:
Buckland Homestead
Dol Guldur
Isenwash
Anduin Confluence
Cavern Entrance
Steward's Tomb
Stables
Green Dragon Inn
Heights of Isengard

It's very fun to play but weak against many common shadow strategies. I use Fireworks to get my [Hobbit] conditions back, since it's a real life deck and I have no Scouring of the Shire. Never fought a corruption deck -- that should cause me some trouble since I add a couple of burdens. Any suggestions on burden removal? A light in his mind didn't work well, even with Gandalf PG ability.
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red dawn!

May 04, 2014, 07:06:39 PM
Reply #1

Thorondir

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
  • Fell deeds awake!
Re: Theodred and the Hobbits (FP only)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 07:06:39 PM »
There is a mistake: I tought Bilbo, MH could retrieve the Unheeded cards, but they're not skirmish events. So Sam, Needer of Vittles assumed his post, for more burden removal. He's a Home and Hearth.
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red dawn!

July 28, 2014, 06:18:08 PM
Reply #2

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
Re: Theodred and the Hobbits (FP only)
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 06:18:08 PM »
Definitely a unique deck, looks like fun to play!

Like you suggested, corruption might cause you a little trouble, and since Son of Hamfast isn't legal in Expanded, you can always reach for the next best thing: Jarnsmid, Barding Emissary

Since you aren't at nine companions yet, he would be a perfect addition. For 2 twilight he removes at least 2 burdens (if you have him just fight once) and is cannon in a skirmish (that's only 1 less than you usually get out of SoH for the same price). He also works with your A Wizard is Never Late, if you pull one of them after already getting Gandalf out.

That being said, if you could make a swap for an event, I would definitely recommend adding another AWINL, just to help guarantee that you get Gandalf out early. You have a lot of events that are centered around him, and you would have more of an advantage on your opponent if you can get him out by site 3.

Rohan possessions are generally strong, and with Merry you can always bring them back when any of those pesky Canteas discard them (or Corsairs for that matter). I love a situation in which you have that merry out and your opponent still has 2 vitality on some monstrous minion. As long as your Rohan dude is starting the skirmish with a Rohirrim Helm, you can effectively use it twice XD.

Sam, Needer of Vittles is a really cool choice considering that Pippin and Merry can be pulled back to hand every turn if needed. You won't be really flooding the pool to get rid of two burdens every turn...Corruption might struggle against this :)