LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: More Virtual Cards (Cruel Caradhras, take II)  (Read 189614 times)

June 18, 2008, 03:22:31 PM
Reply #270

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
Re: More Virtual Cards (Hobbits' Pipes)
« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2008, 03:22:31 PM »
Talking of resistance bonuses on pipes...

Oh, and to lem0n's comment, the pipeweeds I have made I think do very little in themselves (not like the RoS ones) because I was trying to put the emphasis back on pipes. Though you can see one of them if you look through the Never-ending DC thread. Or you could wait here for a day or so!

[1]Bilbo's Pipe (V) [Shire]
Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
If bearer is Bilbo or is bearing Bilbo, he or she is resistance +1.
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may discard a pipeweed to remove a burden.
1 V 285

[1]The Gaffer's Pipe (V) [Shire]
Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
While bearer is bearing a follower, he or she is strength +1.
Fellowship: Discard a pipeweed from play to play a pipe from your draw deck or discard pile.
"'This… is the one art that we certainly claim to be our own invention. When Hobbits first began to smoke is not known…'"
1 V 292

[1]Frodo's Pipe (V) [Shire]
Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
If bearer is Frodo, he gains muster.
Regroup: Discard a pipeweed from play to remove [2].
"'All the same, observations I have made on my own many journeys south have convinced me that the weeds themselves are not native to our parts of the world.'"
3 V 107
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 07:48:09 AM by Thranduil »

June 19, 2008, 03:40:53 AM
Reply #271

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #271 on: June 19, 2008, 03:40:53 AM »

Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
If bearer is Bilbo or is bearing Bilbo, he is resistance +1.
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may discard a pipeweed to remove a burden.
1 V 285

Powerful. Might cut the res bit.

Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
While bearer bears a follower, he or she is strength +1.
Fellowship: Discard a pipeweed from play to play a pipe from your draw deck or discard pile.
"'This… is the one art that we certainly claim to be our own invention. When Hobbits first began to smoke is not known…'"
1 V 292

"Bearer bears"? Gees thats odd linguistics! Seems fine.

Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
"'All the same, observations I have made on my own many journeys south have convinced me that the weeds themselves are not native to our parts of the world.'"
3 V 107

Cool.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

June 19, 2008, 04:05:18 AM
Reply #272

Anvar

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Tzeentch's Chosen
Re: More Virtual Cards (Pipes)
« Reply #272 on: June 19, 2008, 04:05:18 AM »
Nice cards. Loving the new pipeweed strategy.

Anvar
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."
-Doctor Who

June 19, 2008, 07:33:55 AM
Reply #273

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #273 on: June 19, 2008, 07:33:55 AM »
Quote from: Thranduil
Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
If bearer is Bilbo or is bearing Bilbo, he is resistance +1.
1 V 285

Hmmmm. Awfully good. But alright, I guess. Since bearer could potentially be female, though, make sure you do "he or she".

Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
While bearer is bearing a follower, he or she is strength +1.
1 V 292

Yep. Definately a must for a good pipe deck.

Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
3 V 107

No complaints here!
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

June 19, 2008, 08:03:59 AM
Reply #274

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #274 on: June 19, 2008, 08:03:59 AM »
Well I think it's time for some weed. As I said, these cards don't have huge amounts of awesome abilities like the pipeweeds from Rise of Saruman, and they are also therefore not designed to be part of a strategy by themselves. They are designed to work with pipes and also the aforementioned RoS and T & D pipeweed cards.

[1] Longbottom Leaf (V) [Shire]
Possession • Support Area
Pipeweed.
When you play this possession, you may spot a pipe to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is a pipeweed, you may play it.
Response: If another pipeweed is discarded, discard this card to shuffle that pipeweed into your draw deck instead.
1 V 300

Note how that one subtly works with Merry, In the Bloom of Health.

[1] Old Toby (V) [Shire]
Pipeweed.
Response: If this pipeweed is about to be discarded, spot a pipe and add [2] to place it on top of your draw deck instead.
"'Finest weed in the Southfarthing…'"
1 V 305

June 19, 2008, 08:13:33 AM
Reply #275

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #275 on: June 19, 2008, 08:13:33 AM »
Well I think it's time for some weed.

Are you a student? Or a hippy? :P

[1] Longbottom Leaf (V) [Shire]
Pipeweed.
When you play this possession, you may spot a pipe to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is a pipeweed, you may play it.
Response: If another pipeweed is discarded, discard this card to shuffle that pipeweed into your draw deck instead.
1 V 300

Shire telepathy wtf? Seems ok.

[1] Old Toby (V) [Shire]
Pipeweed.
Response: If this pipeweed is about to be discarded, spot a pipe and add [2] to place it on top of your draw deck instead.
"'Finest weed in the Southfarthing…'"
1 V 305

Right.... ok....

June 19, 2008, 08:16:10 AM
Reply #276

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #276 on: June 19, 2008, 08:16:10 AM »
Yeah, they both seem fine. :up:
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

June 19, 2008, 08:18:29 AM
Reply #277

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #277 on: June 19, 2008, 08:18:29 AM »
Are you a student? Or a hippy? :P
Or both? :hey:

Shire telepathy wtf?
It's not hugely telepathic. And Ship of Smoke does a similar thing so I thought it was keeping with an established pipeweed theme.

Thranduil

June 19, 2008, 11:17:00 AM
Reply #278

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #278 on: June 19, 2008, 11:17:00 AM »
both are good.
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

June 19, 2008, 12:39:45 PM
Reply #279

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2008, 12:39:45 PM »
Now that we've seen the pipes and their pipeweed, let's look at some of the support cards which begins to overrun into tales and fellowship once more.

First 2 that we've already seen, just to recap:

[1]Pippin, Friend to Frodo (V) [Shire]
Companion • Hobbit
Str: 3
Vit: 4
Res: 8
Fellowship.
While Pippin is assigned to a skirmish, other fellowship Hobbits cannot take more than 1 wound in a skirmish.
Skirmish: Discard a tale or pipeweed from play to make a minion skirmishing Pippin strength -1.
"'Baggins? Sure I know a Baggins - Frodo's my second cousin once-removed, on his mother's side, and my third cousin twice-removed on his father's side, if you follow me.'"
1 V 306

[4]Gandalf, The Grey Wizard (V) [Gondor]
Companion • Wizard
Str: 7
Vit: 4
Res: 7
Fellowship.
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may add [1] to take into hand a Free Peoples spell, tale or pipeweed card from your discard pile.
"… his long white hair, his sweeping silver beard, and his broad shoulders, made him look like some wise king of ancient legend."
1 V 364

And now one which I've posted in the Neverending thread, which is now up for review:

[1]The Gaffer, Sam's Father (V) [Shire]
Follower
Aid - exert a Hobbit.
Each time the Gaffer is transferred to a Hobbit, you may play a pipe or pipeweed from your draw deck.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound in a skirmish, discard a tale from play to prevent that wound.
"No one had a more attentive audience than old Ham Gamgee, commonly known as the Gaffer. He held forth at the Ivy Bush, a small inn on the Bywater road; and he spoke with some authority, for he had tended the garden at Bag End for forty years…"
1 V 291

And now 2 more [Shire] followers:

[1] Master Proudfoot, Distant Relative of Bilbo (V) [Shire]
Follower
Res: +1
Aid - add a burden.
Skirmish: If bearer is a Hobbit, discard 2 tales or pipeweeds from play to cancel a skirmish involving him or her.
"His name, of course, was Proudfoot, and well merited; his feet were large, exceptionally furry…"
1 V 301

[1]Filibert Bolger, Wily Rascal (V) [Shire]
Follower
Res: +1
Aid - discard your tale or pipeweed from play.
To play, spot 2 Hobbits (or 2 [Shire] followers).
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert him or her to place a [Shire] condition or [Shire] possession from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
2 V 101
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:40:01 PM by Thranduil »

June 19, 2008, 04:42:12 PM
Reply #280

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2008, 04:42:12 PM »

And now one which I've posted in the Neverending thread, which is now up for review:

Follower
Aid - exert a Hobbit.
When the Gaffer is transferred to a Hobbit, you may play a pipe or pipeweed from your draw deck.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound in a skirmish, discard a pipeweed from play to prevent that wound.
"No one had a more attentive audience than old Ham Gamgee, commonly known as the Gaffer. He held forth at the Ivy Bush, a small inn on the Bywater road; and he spoke with some authority, for he had tended the garden at Bag End for forty years…"
1 V 291
should it be each time he's transferred?

Follower
Aid - add a burden.
Skirmish: If bearer is a Hobbit, discard a tale or pipeweed from play to cancel a skirmish involving them.
"His name, of course, was Proudfoot, and well merited; his feet were large, exceptionally furry…"
1 V 301
maybe give the minions a way to prevent it?

Follower
Res: +2
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may reinforce a [Shire] token.
2 V 101
fine
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
SoP's Trade List

June 19, 2008, 05:59:44 PM
Reply #281

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2008, 05:59:44 PM »
Follower
Aid - exert a Hobbit.
When the Gaffer is transferred to a Hobbit, you may play a pipe or pipeweed from your draw deck.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound in a skirmish, discard a pipeweed from play to prevent that wound.
1 V 291

Agree with SoP: I think it should be "Each time you transfer The Gaffer to a Hobbit...". I like it, but I think it would make a LOT more sense for him to work with tales....

Follower
Aid - add a burden.
Skirmish: If bearer is a Hobbit, discard a tale or pipeweed from play to cancel a skirmish involving them.
1 V 301

I think this is one of those cases where "them" should be "bearer" again. I also agree with my spammy colleague again: I think he's a tiny bit too good. Either give the Shadow player a way out or exert a Hobbit as well to pull it off.

Follower
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may reinforce a [Shire] token.
2 V 101

Hmmm. Maybe resistance +1 and strength +1? I'm reluctant to make resistance +2 followers due to the excellent corruption protection they provide, especially at Site 9. I know Tender of Beasts and Gondorian Servant do it, but I'm not a big fan of them for it.
Best regards,
Dáin

June 19, 2008, 07:13:12 PM
Reply #282

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2008, 07:13:12 PM »

I think this is one of those cases where "them" should be "bearer" again. I also agree with my spammy colleague again:
I should be insulted. Or complimented. depending on whether complimented is a word. if in fact it is I should probably be complimented...however if it isn't I should be insulted...or maybe not...or I could just blatantly spam up this thread ;D
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

June 20, 2008, 01:31:21 AM
Reply #283

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #283 on: June 20, 2008, 01:31:21 AM »

Follower
Aid - exert a Hobbit.
1 V 291

"Each time" not when. I think 1 pipeweed for a wound seems too good. Though 2 would be too much. Guess it depends on how many pipeweeds you can play ???

Follower
Aid - add a burden.
1 V 301

I think as well as discarding a pipeweed (cut the tale bit) you should transfer him back to support area.

Follower
2 V 101

Fine but bit of a high aid cost does what it does. He should be 0 with that aid.

June 20, 2008, 11:58:44 AM
Reply #284

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #284 on: June 20, 2008, 11:58:44 AM »
I have changed all 3 I believe. What do you think now?

Thranduil