LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Towers Standard Sealed League  (Read 31336 times)

September 04, 2014, 07:33:47 AM
Reply #15

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
Re: Towers Standard Sealed League
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 07:33:47 AM »
I threw together a rough draft idea for Twilight Nazgul. Pretty straightforward, took some inspiration from pre-existing Nazgul starters. Didn't want to make Blade Tip and Black Breath the highlight too much, so just splashed the two Blade Tips in the event that Ostea hits his mark.

Would it be too much to add Shotgun Enquea in addition to the three twilight?

Ulaire Attea, The Easterling x3
Ulaire Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight x3
Ulaire Otsea, Ringwraith in Twilight x3
Ulaire Lemenya, Lieutenant of Morgul x2
Ulaire Nertea, Winged Hunter x3
Morgul Skulker x2
Corpse Lights x2
Dead Ones x2
Fell Beast x2
Blade Tip x2
Resistance Becomes Unbearable x2
Threshold of Shadow x2

I just checked the Movie sealed starters and they all stand at 30. Do we want to make the decks all an even 30 as well?

For this one so far, I left it at 28, in its rough form. I was wondering about splashable Sauron minions and was very happy to rediscover the normally useless Wraiths from set 6. For a starter deck, they work really cool, and I doubt they've ever seen real use before. I'd like to maybe include a Wisp of Pale Sheen  and another Nazgul...Maybe I should swap the two Dead Ones for Wisp of Pale Sheen, to give a little umph to the burden adding, since I didn't add It Wants to Be Found?

September 04, 2014, 06:11:14 PM
Reply #16

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 06:11:14 PM »
Clarification about the booster support per Serie.

In Movie I believe its:

Serie 1: 3 booster Choice, 1 booster from each set (1,4,7)

Serie 2: 1 booster from each set (2,5,8)

Serie 3: 1 booster from each set (3,6,9)

Serie 4:  5 booster choice, 1 Reflections booster

Maybe someone can confirm that for me...

For this league, as there will be two sets for each serie, let's get peoples' opinions on how we should do booster support.

Aside from the booster choice in serie 1 and 4, should we provide 2 packs from each set per serie or just 1? Or should we provide 1 pack from each set per serie PLUS 1 booster choice from between the two...or 1 booster choice from sets 1 - 6?

Lots of options...my personal opinion is to do something as close to the current running standard as possible, like:

Serie 1: 4 booster choice, 1 booster from each set (1,4)

Serie 2: 1 booster choice (set 2 or set 5) 1 booster from each set (2,5)

Serie 3: 1 booster choice (set 3 or set 6) 1 booster from each set (3,6)

Serie 4: 5 or 6 booster choice

...I can't think of any other booster or "enhanced pack" that would be helpful to add in serie 4...I'm not sure if Reflections would be beneficial to add; it's always fun opening a Reflections pack in a sealed, but should it invade the TS sealed as well?

September 06, 2014, 07:02:25 PM
Reply #18

Merrick_H

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 07:02:25 PM »
My $0.02

• Starters should be designed from the ground up like the ones in the Movie Block sealed.
  • We should limit the cards from sets beyond 1-6 fairly significantly.  There were only 5 cards used from beyond movie block: to increase the companion count/variety like Thrarin, SoE, Rumil, BoH and Frodo Weary from the Journey or well balanced cards such as Naked Waste and Gondorian Blade.
  • We should not be stingy with Frodo support, IE Hobbit Swords should be in the first two series starters.  Each person had the capability of having 4 hobbit swords in series 2
  • Twilight Choke should be limited as much as possible.
  • Work with the Towers Standard X-List - and change it to no skirmish cancelling for the RB.  Filibert Bolger/OEG are  VERY bad cards if we are even considering having Nazgul be present in the format.  Yes it hurts hobbit decks somewhat, but if everyone is guaranteed some manner of Frodo protection (Sword and Stealth/Intuition) it somewhat negates his fragility.
  • We can probably use VERY limited rares, like was done with the Towers Starters in sets 5/6 if it will bring together a deck without making it too over powered. Possibly a limit of one per side per deck.

As far as deck types I think you could reasonably get by with some of the following without requiring too many additional cards outside of Towers Standard:

Fellowships
Ringbound Rangers
Shoulder to Shoulder
Mounted Rohan
The Three Hunters
Hobbits (possibly include Sam GEW) + Hobbit Hospital?
Knights
Pipes
Naiths/Elven Archery
???

Shadows
Twilight Nazgul focused on burdens
Beatdown Uruks (Berserkers?/Battleground?)
Uruk Trackers with conditions
Discard/swarm Dunland (Dunlending Rampager)
Moria
Archery
Sauron Trackers/grind
Warg Riders
???

I'll see what I can do to come up with some deck ideas, but I'll have limited time to do it.  Easiest ones for me to come up with would likely be the Moria, Hobbit Hospital and Archery ones.

September 06, 2014, 07:06:10 PM
Reply #19

Merrick_H

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2014, 07:06:10 PM »
Lots of options...my personal opinion is to do something as close to the current running standard as possible, like:

Serie 1: 4 booster choice, 1 booster from each set (1,4)

Serie 2: 1 booster choice (set 2 or set 5) 1 booster from each set (2,5)

Serie 3: 1 booster choice (set 3 or set 6) 1 booster from each set (3,6)

Serie 4: 5 or 6 booster choice

...I can't think of any other booster or "enhanced pack" that would be helpful to add in serie 4...I'm not sure if Reflections would be beneficial to add; it's always fun opening a Reflections pack in a sealed, but should it invade the TS sealed as well?
Keep Reflections out of it.  No need for it to exist as the cards are an order of magnitude above most of the Towers cards from a power perspective and Isildur/Galadriel/Boromir/Gimli/Tom Bombadil would really skew things, but the rest of it looks good!

September 06, 2014, 07:26:56 PM
Reply #20

Merrick_H

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 07:01:04 AM by Merrick_H »

September 08, 2014, 06:57:28 PM
Reply #21

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 06:57:28 PM »
Thanks for moving this to the correct forum!

Keep Reflections out of it.  No need for it to exist as the cards are an order of magnitude above most of the Towers cards from a power perspective and Isildur/Galadriel/Boromir/Gimli/Tom Bombadil would really skew things, but the rest of it looks good!

I agree. I think the other developers here would agree with this as well, and don't think there's a need to make this a forum voting matter.

While putting together a starter deck list, I really want to try to use the FotR and TT Starter decks as models, focusing a lot on multiple (usually two) copies of companions, a little possession support, and skirmish pumps for fellowship side/heavy minions, some skirmish pumps, and maybe a couple conditions that match the theme for shadow. Is this kind of what you meant by designing them from the ground up? I also agree that we won't need much more than 4 or 5 outside cards added...maybe just to make a certain theme that we really want to have to actually work.

• We should not be stingy with Frodo support, IE Hobbit Swords should be in the first two series starters.  Each person had the capability of having 4 hobbit swords in series 2
  • Twilight Choke should be limited as much as possible.

Great points. Euk mentioned that starters are designed so that you can play everything. I could see how with heavy choke as a theme, that would really squelch any shadows ability to cycle at all, as its not constructed and they aren't guaranteed to have an effective way to deal with twilight choke.

• Work with the Towers Standard X-List - and change it to no skirmish cancelling for the RB.  Filibert Bolger/OEG are  VERY bad cards if we are even considering having Nazgul be present in the format.  Yes it hurts hobbit decks somewhat, but if everyone is guaranteed some manner of Frodo protection (Sword and Stealth/Intuition) it somewhat negates his fragility.

For this, I'm not sure if we need to enforce an X-list in sealed. I think as long as we don't propagate any of the X-listed cards heavily in the starter decks, they really wouldn't make too much of an impact. There is no running X-list for the Movie sealed...I think enforcing the X-list wouldn't really benefit as much as the fun it would take out of the sealed.

We have to consider that enforcing an X-list would also make some booster pulls rendered useless for some players, which is also very bad.... Even if someone did pull a Filibert Bolger, it shouldn't render a Twilight nazgul deck completely useless (they pack a few copies of the ally-wounding Attea, as well :) ).

The Movie sealed also allows for RB skirmish canceling. I don't think that it would hurt horribly to keep this as a rule as well, since in regular TS the RB skirmish can be canceled. Adding a couple stealths for any heavy hobbit deck would also give it a little more hope without ruining the format I think...

• We can probably use VERY limited rares, like was done with the Towers Starters in sets 5/6 if it will bring together a deck without making it too over powered. Possibly a limit of one per side per deck.

This could work OK...I think if we decide on a theme that everyone would really like to see...but through playtesting it clearly needs the support of just one key rare, maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing to give them a little bump.

I really like the Hobbit Hospital variation! Being able to discard and replay the unbound guys would create a great makeshift healing, and help them absorb a little archery. If we ended up deciding to nix rares for starter decks, you could always include a Hobbit Appetite/ Stout and Sturdy or two. Not really seen at all in constructed, but might not be too bad at all in Sealed :) Even Nice Imitation could be very useful as you get to decide when to use it to benefit you most.

September 08, 2014, 07:38:11 PM
Reply #22

Merrick_H

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 07:38:11 PM »
The Movie sealed also allows for RB skirmish canceling. I don't think that it would hurt horribly to keep this as a rule as well, since in regular TS the RB skirmish can be canceled. Adding a couple stealths for any heavy hobbit deck would also give it a little more hope without ruining the format I think...

Just a thought: there are no ways to cancel the RB skirmish in movie block outside of the lucky OEG or Filibert Bolger pull (and Filibert only works on Fierce).  However in Towers, there are 2 skirmish cancelers for the RB which would give any deck containing them (Hobbit Themed) a distinct advantage over others through site 5. 

September 08, 2014, 08:29:10 PM
Reply #23

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 08:29:10 PM »
Just a thought: there are no ways to cancel the RB skirmish in movie block outside of the lucky OEG or Filibert Bolger pull (and Filibert only works on Fierce).  However in Towers, there are 2 skirmish cancelers for the RB which would give any deck containing them (Hobbit Themed) a distinct advantage over others through site 5.  

That's true...But I will say, my first concern was just the fact that RB skirmishes are allowed to be canceled in TS Format, and that maybe we might skew the format by changing that.

If we were concerned with the hobbit decks being too powerful, what we could do is just make their starters include Hobbit Intuition and Hobbit Stealth rather than the Towers Block stealths. This would leave it up to booster pulls. Or we could, alternatively, provide two Severed His Bonds in each Serie 1 Starter just so that everyone has at least a little capacity to cancel at sites 1 - 4.

Either way, I agree that its something to playtest. Whether or not it's something that we implement, the whole thing with stealths definitely needs a good amount of attention!

September 08, 2014, 08:52:00 PM
Reply #24

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 08:52:00 PM »
Here's a rough draft for a Shoulder to Shoulder deck. Basic use allies to heal your companions strategy. Was worried that it might be a little on the strong side at first, but it is a little heavier on twilight to set up, and you need to get it set up.

Gimli, Unbidden Guest x2
Farin, Dwarven Emissary x2
Fror, Gimli's Kinsman x2
Legolas, Archer of Mirkwood x2
Haldir, Emissary of the Galadhrim x2
Grimir, Dwarven Elder
Thrarin, Dwarven Smith
Golradir, Councilor of Imladris
Saelbeth, Elven Councilor
Dwarven Axe/ Hand Axe/ Dwarven Bracers x2
Elven Sword x2
Hobbit Sword x2
Shoulder to Shoulder x2
Axe Strike/ Khazad Ai-menu x2
Valor/ Feathered/ Ancient Enmity x2

Up in the air about which skirmish events and Dwarven possessions to use, got a decent number of options.

Would one copy of Lend Us Your Aid be good, or just a little too strong and unnecessary? Guess that's what playtesting is for :)

September 09, 2014, 05:27:26 AM
Reply #25

Merrick_H

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 05:27:26 AM »
That's true...But I will say, my first concern was just the fact that RB skirmishes are allowed to be canceled in TS Format, and that maybe we might skew the format by changing that.

If we were concerned with the hobbit decks being too powerful, what we could do is just make their starters include Hobbit Intuition and Hobbit Stealth rather than the Towers Block stealths. This would leave it up to booster pulls. Or we could, alternatively, provide two Severed His Bonds in each Serie 1 Starter just so that everyone has at least a little capacity to cancel at sites 1 - 4.

Either way, I agree that its something to playtest. Whether or not it's something that we implement, the whole thing with stealths definitely needs a good amount of attention!
Looking at the starter deck lists that decipher implemented for the LOTR Online TCG, it appears that every fellowship block starter included 2 hobbit Intuitions and a weapon for Frodo.  I think that would be a good start for all of the TS starters that we are planning on making.  Levels the playing field and we could keep the RB Skirmish Cancel rule.

September 09, 2014, 11:46:45 AM
Reply #26

Eukalyptus

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 11:46:45 AM »
My distribution suggestion:

Series 1: 2 Starter deck choices + 2 FotR booster, 2 TT booster, 2 booster choices
Series 2: 2 Starter deck choices + 2 packs of each MoM and BoHD
Series 3: 2 Starter deck choices + 2 packs of each RotEL and EoF
Series 4: 1 pack of each FotR, MoM, RotEL, TTT, BoHD and EoF

I also concur to include 2 Severed His Bonds as well as 2 Hobbit Sword in each deck for series 1 and 2, no more after, except for the swords.

I like Merrick's hospital, except for Maggot and that 2nd Rosie.  1 Bounder and something else should compliment that deck very good.

I think that Shoulder to Shoulder deck too powerful, maybe a deck for series 3. I encountered StS with Greenleaf and C/U dwarves in FotR Sealed and it proved very powerful. Sure, it does give twilight, but it also heals very easy.

That Naith elf deck I posted is a little too similar to BoHD Legolas starter. Scrap that.

As for that Wraith deck... how about this

2x Morgul Skulker
2x The Witch-king, Deathless Lord
3x Úlairë Attëa, The Easterling
3x Úlairë Enquëa, Ringwraith in Twilight
3x Úlairë Otsëa, Ringwraith in Twilight
3x Fell Beast
3x Nazgul Sword
3x It Wants to be Found
4x Threshold of Shadow
2x In Twilight
2x Moving This Way

As I said earlier, I like the burden idea, but not to corrupt, but to win skirmishes and deal some real damage.

September 09, 2014, 01:48:42 PM
Reply #27

Merrick_H

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 01:48:42 PM »
I like Merrick's hospital, except for Maggot and that 2nd Rosie.  1 Bounder and something else should compliment that deck very good.
How about this:
2x Aragorn, Wingfoot
2x Boromir, Son of Denethor
1x Merry, From O'er the Brandywine
1x Pippin, Woolly-footed Rascal
1x Sam, Son of Hamfast
2x Bounder
3x Hobbit Party Guest
1x Rosie Cotton, Hobbiton Lass
1x Sword of Gondor
3x Hobbit Sword
4x Hobbit Intuition
2x Knocked on the Head
2x Severed His Bonds
2x Swiftly and Softly
1x A Talent for Not Being Seen
2x There and Back Again

The reason for the Gaffer was that Merry is the main fighting companion and they are going to have a hard time double moving since they won't be able to clear the board and will be taking a lot of wounds.  I thought that giving them some help from the Gaffer might plug a hole.  I think that Wingfoot might help a bit more in that respect.

As for that Wraith deck... how about this

2x Morgul Skulker
3x Fell Beast
3x Nazgul Sword
3x It Wants to be Found
4x Threshold of Shadow
2x In Twilight
2x Moving This Way

As I said earlier, I like the burden idea, but not to corrupt, but to win skirmishes and deal some real damage.

In Twilight seems like it could be ridiculously over powered.  Granted it is going to be hard to get more than 2 Nazgul out there and it might only bounce twice: once in Normal, once in Fierce, but it almost seems better if the aim is to give them Burdening power to give them Blade tip as a synergy with 3U86 Ulaire Otsea, Ringwraith in Twilight.  Plus it helps with card throughput as it is a free condition AND it is in the block.  This deck has 2 cards from out of block and that is something we are trying to minimize.

September 09, 2014, 02:29:27 PM
Reply #28

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 02:29:27 PM »
I really like this idea of a TS Sealed league... hope the new starters get through the approval of the Boss; it would be some much-needed new blood to this old game. The same as the Enhanced format concept proposed by Euk a year ago.

Hoping alone won't change anything, so here is my try with a couple of decks...

1. Shadow Archer deck, a 'Hate & Arrows' one:

(30 cards)
4x Uruk Crossbow Troop
4x Uruk Crossbowman
4x Goblin Bowman
3x Goblin Runner
3x Moria Archer Troop
3x Hate and Anger
2x One of You Must Do This
1x Saruman's Power
2x Host of Thousands
2x Saruman's Ambition
2x They Are Coming

Key sites:

4 White Mountains
5 Deep of Helm
7 Hornburg Causeway
9 Palantir Chamber

60% minions. This is a poorman's version of an Isengard/Moria Archery deck, which should use 3x Ranged Commander and at least 2x Weapons of Isengard. If there would be a rare per side, it should be Ranged Commander.

This deck is meant to work better as a reinforcement (Saruman's Ambition, Saruman's Power, Uruk Crossbow Troop, One of You Must Do This, Goblin Runner), and should be elegible at the second or third serie, complementing previous shadow decks like Moria (Goblin Marksman or Scavengers), Beatdown Uruks (with machines or events like ARfM) or Southrons (archer guys). Not to say the main piece, Hate and Anger, is of little use if you play a 30-cards shadow with some cycling potential...

2. Unconditional Dwarves, a Dwarf/Gandalf deck:

Ringbearer: Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer

(30 cards)
2x Dwarven Warrior
1x Farin, Dwarven Emissary
1x Fror, Gimli's Kinsman
1x Gimli, Lively Combatant
3x Gandalf, The Grey Pilgrim (maybe The White Wizard instead, as it is a 30 cards deck)
1x Grimir, Dwarven Elder
1x Barliman Butterbur, Prancing Pony Proprietor
2x Dwarven Axe
2x Dwarven Bracers
2x Hand Axe
1x Wizard Staff
1x Hobbit Sword
3x Axe Strike
1x Flurry of Blows
2x Mysterious Wizard
2x Sleep Caradhras
2x Hobbit Intuition
2x Dwarven Heart

Key sites:
maybe 6 Hornburg Armory

Cheap version of my Fellowship Daily deck, those 'pesky dwarves' as Eukalyptus once said. Indeed, there's a condition, but the idea is to blow it with Sleep Caradhras after healing a little bearded one with it... maybe Have Patience instead, but that would be less amusing ;).
This deck just doesn't mix with strategies based on Shoulder to Shoulder, Endurance of Dwarves, fortifications or any condition, and exerts Gandy and adds twilight each time he sweeps the table, so don't worry about it being overpowered. Strong against Uruk Trackers (and Sauron Grind if well timed), very weak against Archery.

Foreign cards are Gimli, Lively Combatant and Dwarven Warrior. For the latter, if anyone gets upset by the idea of a 6 strenght non-unique dwarf, you should worry more about those almost always 8 strenght Elite Riders...
As for cards from other sets, there are really more than 5 in Movie Sealed: Mr. Underhill, Maiden of Rivendell, Anarion, Forthwith Banished and Stormcrow. A total of 10 = 5 promo + 5 post Mount Doom.

There's my contribution, at least by now. By the way, I would REALLY love to see a Saruman centered shadow deck, as he is the main visible villain in the first two books/movies. But the only way of making him a fighter is a rare card (Saruman's Staff), and the only fighting version from further sets that has some gameplay connection with TS is a rare one too (Of Many Colours)... It rarely works, but I've wreaked havoc with Servant of the Eye + Saruman's Staff + Banner of Isengard and some threats and sites under my flag... Maybe just a mirage.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Added 2 other key sites for Hate and Anger Archery deck.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:22:34 PM by Durins Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

September 09, 2014, 07:00:35 PM
Reply #29

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 07:00:35 PM »
Looking at the starter deck lists that decipher implemented for the LOTR Online TCG, it appears that every fellowship block starter included 2 hobbit Intuitions and a weapon for Frodo.  I think that would be a good start for all of the TS starters that we are planning on making.  Levels the playing field and we could keep the RB Skirmish Cancel rule.

I definitely agree. One of the advantages to the TT Sealed Aragorn deck was simply the stealths. Like you suggest, I think it would be nice to invest in some stealth support for serie 1. Combining it with your suggestion for Hobbit swords, could it looks something like this?
Each deck in Serie 1: 2 Severed His Bonds, 2 Hobbit Sword
Each deck in Serie 2: 2 Hobbit Sword

Deciding on this ahead of time will help us decide on which Fellowships to run 1st and 2nd series, as there will be a tiny bit of investment for Frodo/Hobbits

My distribution suggestion:

Series 1: 2 Starter deck choices + 2 FotR booster, 2 TT booster, 2 booster choices
Series 2: 2 Starter deck choices + 2 packs of each MoM and BoHD
Series 3: 2 Starter deck choices + 2 packs of each RotEL and EoF
Series 4: 1 pack of each FotR, MoM, RotEL, TTT, BoHD and EoF

Looks great to me! I guess we are getting one more booster than usual per Serie 2 and 3, but I can't see that being such a major problem. I'd be happy to endorse this distribution.

I think that Shoulder to Shoulder deck too powerful, maybe a deck for series 3. I encountered StS with Greenleaf and C/U dwarves in FotR Sealed and it proved very powerful. Sure, it does give twilight, but it also heals very easy.

While it's a fun idea, I am worried about it being too strong. We can try to keep a close eye on it in play-testing. For those of us who have some extra time, it wouldn't hurt to play-test just above every possible combination per series, then post the replays here. If Shoulder to Shoulder just obliterates everything, we could see if it can be nerfed. If not, we'll just abandoned altogether.

2x Morgul Skulker
3x Fell Beast
3x Nazgul Sword
3x It Wants to be Found
4x Threshold of Shadow
2x In Twilight
2x Moving This Way

As the Nazgul culture in general is very heavy in Uncommons (I think there were no commons at all at least through FotR), it would be extremely powerful for a starter deck if we over-capitalized on just the Nazgul cards. That's why I tried to incorporate some of those Sauron Wraiths. Low cost so your hand doesn't get too clogged if they are tyring to choke, and can work together with the Nazgul strategy in a very low-key way, which is good for a Starter deck. I don't think In Twilight is too overpowered here, but what I'm really worried about is x3 Nazgul Sword and Moving This Way. It's not uncommon for the Ringbearer to be running around with 3 burdens in sealed, and with the chance to have a Nazgul Sword on a Fierce Witch King quite often is pretty devastating. I remember in Movie sealed, those who pulled Nazgul Swords were sitting quite pretty. In the WotR Sealed, Moving This Way is definitely one of the most dynamic cards for the available shadows. It not only lets you cycle for free, but helps you set up a bomb for the last site. If you look at the Fellowships in WotR sealed that are standing up against this (Leader of the Company with G for Grand, etc), they are a lot more prepared for dealing with these kind of Nazgul...I fear that most fellowships in TS Sealed would get completely romped by this :S

1. Shadow Archer deck, a 'Hate & Arrows' one:

(30 cards)
4x Uruk Crossbow Troop
4x Uruk Crossbowman
4x Goblin Bowman
3x Goblin Runner
3x Moria Archer Troop
3x Hate and Anger
2x One of You Must Do This
1x Saruman's Power
2x Host of Thousands
2x Saruman's Ambition
2x They Are Coming

Key sites:

4 White Mountains
5 Deep of Helm

60% minions. This is a poorman's version of an Isengard/Moria Archery deck, which should use 3x Ranged Commander and at least 2x Weapons of Isengard. If there would be a rare per side, it should be Ranged Commander.

Cool idea! This would be a very neat take on the whole Archery type Shadow. If we went exclusively Moria/Isengard, it would definitely distinguish itself from the pre-existing Movie Sealed archery deck :D

2. Unconditional Dwarves, a Dwarf/Gandalf deck:

Ringbearer: Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer

(30 cards)
2x Dwarven Warrior
1x Farin, Dwarven Emissary
1x Fror, Gimli's Kinsman
1x Gimli, Lively Combatant
3x Gandalf, The Grey Pilgrim (maybe The White Wizard instead, as it is a 30 cards deck)
1x Grimir, Dwarven Elder
1x Barliman Butterbur, Prancing Pony Proprietor
2x Dwarven Axe
2x Dwarven Bracers
2x Hand Axe
1x Wizard Staff
1x Hobbit Sword
3x Axe Strike
1x Flurry of Blows
2x Mysterious Wizard
2x Sleep Caradhras
2x Hobbit Intuition
2x Dwarven Heart

Key sites:
maybe 6 Hornburg Armory

Cheap version of my Fellowship Daily deck, those 'pesky dwarves' as Eukalyptus once said. Indeed, there's a condition, but the idea is to blow it with Sleep Caradhras after healing a little bearded one with it... maybe Have Patience instead, but that would be less amusing ;).
This deck just doesn't mix with strategies based on Shoulder to Shoulder, Endurance of Dwarves, fortifications or any condition, and exerts Gandy and adds twilight each time he sweeps the table, so don't worry about it being overpowered. Strong against Uruk Trackers (and Sauron Grind if well timed), very weak against Archery.

Foreign cards are Gimli, Lively Combatant and Dwarven Warrior. For the latter, if anyone gets upset by the idea of a 6 strenght non-unique dwarf, you should worry more about those almost always 8 strenght Elite Riders...
As for cards from other sets, there are really more than 5 in Movie Sealed: Mr. Underhill, Maiden of Rivendell, Anarion, Forthwith Banished and Stormcrow. A total of 10 = 5 promo + 5 post Mount Doom.

I'm kind of intrigued by the Dwarven Heart then discard them with Sleep idea :D very unique, and as its kind of a back-door strategy to healing, and not really seen in constructed (I've only seen it once when combined with Axe of Erebor, which is pretty cool), it has kind of a Starter Deck feel to it.

The only thing I think we could develop would be the use of Dwarven Warrior...not because he's a generic 6/3 companion (we are gonna have Knights running around hopefully that are the same), but because of the discard two from top of the deck text. In the starter decks that I'm aware of the only cards that provide unconditional discarding from either hand or deck is limited to 1 per card. Uruk Warrior and Orc Inquisitor. That and as its not part of the original format, maybe they could be traded for some different dwarves?

Some general thoughts:
After looking at lots of starter deck lists, they seem to have 4, but usually no more than 5 additional companions per deck. I think it would be good for us to limit our decks to this number (of course there should be multiple copies of a unique companion). When done this way, it fosters more use from the boosters, and the combining of starter decks, or use of more skirmish events or possessions. For example, if you are decked out with 9 companions in the Knights deck, you could just stick with them the whole League. If they were limited to 4 or 5 companions (not including Frodo), then next Serie your choice of Starter deck, and the companions it contains would matter more, as you start to develop your own deck's identity :) This is kind of how I've observed sealeds to work, and I kind of like it...any thoughts?

Also on total card count. Movie Sealed does 30/30...I'm OK with that, but I'm inclined to bring it down to 27/27 or 28/28, if possible, to encourage more uniqueness among decks through the use of booster pulls. With 30/30, you might just end up seeing a bunch of clone decks with the only difference being the best rare booster pulls. What do you guys think?