LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: LOTR TCG magazine  (Read 27686 times)

December 12, 2009, 08:31:22 PM
Reply #45

sharkey

Re: LOTR TCG magazine
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2009, 08:31:22 PM »
How is this magazine going to be published?

December 13, 2009, 12:47:33 AM
Reply #46

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2009, 12:47:33 AM »
As yet it hasn't been discussed (to my knowledge) but it has been asked how it will be distributed.

IMO it could be released as an e-document that can be downloaded by those that are interested. If the file is small enough it could be emailed to those interested. Any that want to print could then do so at their own discretion.

The proposed PC is attempting to generate more interest in the game and the magazine would be a good tool to do this. Those committed to expanding the player base in their area could distribute the magazine, but it would be at their own cost.

I personally would love to run tournaments in my area and get the game going again - but want to do so with the support of v-cards in whatever format they may come. I would be happy to spend some of my own money to get the game going again in my area, but I have an income that can support this, what I lack at this stage is the time to do so.

As i see it, the magazine is about trying to produce something that can be used to promote the game and get more people playing it. Once we have a product, we can tackle the issue of distributing it later.

January 04, 2010, 05:27:50 AM
Reply #47

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2010, 05:27:50 AM »
I think the Magazine could republish some of the old articles from CC and any posted in TLHH, at least as "fodder" untill there are enough writers and articles!

January 04, 2010, 10:06:21 AM
Reply #48

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2010, 10:06:21 AM »
I am not such a good writer in English, but in German... just sweetness ;-)

January 04, 2010, 11:05:50 AM
Reply #49

putridbreath

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2010, 11:05:50 AM »
I have two well-loved copies of Scrye Presents: The Lord of the Rings. One for when Two Towers block came out and one for when The Reutrn of the King block came out.

The first magazine had articles:

-Deckbuilding Made Simple
Talks about deckbuilding rules (briefly), choosing the block you want to play, one-on-one vs multiplayer, and lastly choosing cultures and themes with short descriptions on each fellowship and shadow culture. Following were some short verses on choosing your site path, deck size and the metagame.

-Simplicity of Symmetry
Article on creating cohesiveness between your shadow and fellowship cards.

-Make Opening Bid a Part of Your Winning Strategy
Talks about high stakes bidding vs low stakes bidding and cards that dramatically effect the burden pool

-The Library of Minas Tirith
BAsically Q+A regarding card rules etc.

Also included two long articles on the Two Towers and how it changed the game

More articles included one on how to do a booster draft

Then came four themed decks with lists of cards each needed and in depth analysis of how to play the deck and the key cards used in each one.

Each magazine had a Player's Guide which consisted of each card in the block pictured in rows so you could read and see each card. The last thing in each magazine was a comprehensive price guide.

The Return if the King issue was similar to the Two Towers one in that it had deckbuilding strategies and articles on new ROTK mechanics like threats and initiative.

What was missing from these mags and something I sppreciated was individual analysis of key cards and their role(S) in gameplay. (I found articles like this on decipher's website) Individual cards from each culture were looked at for various uses--some with quite unexpected value or use!

Well I hope this helped some. I am quite eager to see something come together and from what's already been posted, I'd say we're on the right track!

January 21, 2010, 05:59:53 AM
Reply #50

Kenddrick

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2010, 05:59:53 AM »
Anyone one has seen Sete recently? We need an update on how the magazine is doing!

March 28, 2010, 01:19:48 PM
Reply #51

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2010, 01:19:48 PM »
I would love to see card deck ideas. I remember there was one with Boromir RB and Aragorn, and one with Gollum and Sauron, Lord of the Rings on the old Cobra Forums, both of which I have since lost the lists for.  #-o
A wizard is never late...nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

June 28, 2010, 03:00:05 PM
Reply #52

chubacca

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2010, 03:00:05 PM »
Hello everyone, just today I found out the SW and LOTR community was still alive. I stopped playing around King's Block. Anyway, I am involved in publishing (books and magazines) and I have a few suggestions. First, don't be too ambitious with the first issue. The most efficient way will be the best way. For example, set up the magazine like a blog where anyone can submit articles. Also, the first issue doesn't even need that many articles, just need to be up and running. Sete, if you need help managing/editing, email me! I will try to help!

June 30, 2010, 07:32:07 PM
Reply #53

Kenddrick

Re: LotR TCG Magazine
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2010, 07:32:07 PM »
Sete is currently having exams thus he's unable to work on the magazine at the moment. He did promise me that he'll return soon though. :D
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:01:27 PM by Kenddrick »

October 03, 2010, 09:52:11 AM
Reply #54

itjunkie

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2010, 09:52:11 AM »
forget the magazine! i think we're better off having newsletters. easier  to make, cheaper to produce and easier to distribute:) we can have it quarterly or monthly, then have deck building challenges and the sort:)

October 27, 2010, 10:25:44 AM
Reply #55

Kenddrick

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2010, 10:25:44 AM »
Well perhaps all that would come with the PC website. E-newsletters maybe. Need a designer though! :D

December 31, 2010, 07:30:11 PM
Reply #56

Morgul_Rat

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2010, 07:30:11 PM »
Did this idea die???  I would like to help if others are still working on it.  PLEASE let me know.
We all have a part to play~

January 04, 2011, 06:18:16 AM
Reply #57

Kenddrick

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2011, 06:18:16 AM »
No it did not it's just postponed till someone comes along! Don't listen to Ket regarding the status of the PC he doesn't have a #$&*@! clue.