LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Elf/Grima Deck  (Read 4745 times)

September 16, 2010, 12:15:39 PM
Read 4745 times

danfor

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Elf/Grima Deck
« on: September 16, 2010, 12:15:39 PM »
This deck has a lot of synergy between the Free Peoples and Shadow portions. It is designed to clog your opponents hand.

On the Free Peoples turn, use The Binding Ring to play Vilya after Elrond comes out. Use Vilya to put conditions back into your opponent's hand and use Galdor to return surviving minions. Aiglos and The Tale of Gil-galad provide extra exertions. Extra copies of Elrond and Galdor can be used to heal your allies along with Shadow Between and Elrond himself.

The Uruk trackers play search conditions on companions, allowing Grima to return Free Peoples cards to your opponent's hand.

Frodo, Wicked Masster!
The One Ring, The Binding Ring

Rohirrim Road
West Road
Beacon of Minas Tirith
Pelennor Plain
City Gates
Minas Tirith Seventh Circle
Pelennor Grassland
Morgulduin
Dagorlad

1x Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath
1x Legolas, Greenleaf
3x Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men
1x Sam, Son of Hamfast
4x Elrond, Herald to Gil-galad
3x Galdor, Councilor From the West
1x Aiglos
1x Asfaloth
1x Bow of the Galadhrim
3x Elven Bow
4x Elven Sword
1x Vilya
2x Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs
2x Glimpse of Fate
2x Shadow Between
1x The Tale of Gil-galad
1x Cliffs of Emyn Muil
4x Double Shot

4x Grima, Wormtongue
1x Mauhur, Patrol Leader
4x Ugluk, Servant of Saruman
4x Uruk Chaser
4x Uruk Runner
4x Uruk Searcher
4x Uruk Seeker
1x Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul
4x Many Riddles
4x Weary
1x What Did You Discover?
1x Vengeance

September 16, 2010, 12:47:19 PM
Reply #1

uncle_elrond

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Re: Elf/Grima Deck
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 12:47:19 PM »
It's funny I just won a game by using Grima to bounce 4 cards back into someone's hand.  Anyway, I like the idea, but you may be able to expand on it a bit.  Desertion may not be a bad choice, Leechcraft also has its uses.  Unferth, Grima's Bodyguard would also be annoying combined with Weary.

I like the free peoples, but a couple ideas.  Maybe switch to Resolute Hobbit over Wicked Master.  I know you have Sam, but I think corruption could be a problem if you're adding burdens for them.  Probably add a Gwemegil instead of an Elven Sword.  My other idea is a little out there, but you could always add another site 3 ally and then use Lady Undomiel.  It's harder to set up, but I think it can be fun. 

September 16, 2010, 02:25:40 PM
Reply #2

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 02:25:40 PM »
It's a nice idea in theory; however, most good decks offer Grima protection (Slaked Thirsts, anyone?) or can deal with potential hand clogs.
-wtk

September 16, 2010, 03:14:15 PM
Reply #3

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 03:14:15 PM »
I run a deck with the same idea, although completely different setup. My freeps are Dauntless Hunter and Taurnil who make it tough to play anything along with Elrond, HtGG and Vilya to return conditions to opponents hand. For my shadow, I run [Sauron] orcs with Wormtongue. I use Desertion and You Bring Great Evil instead of Weary and Many Riddles and I also run Called Away and Speak No More To Me.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

September 17, 2010, 10:26:25 AM
Reply #4

danfor

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 10:26:25 AM »
Of course, Dauntless Hunter would improve the deck! Which Hobbits do you use?

As far as Slaked Thirsts, I suppose I could add Black Traitor.

Wicked Masster! does add a lot of burdens. I was only using that version of Frodo to complement the wounding strategy. I'm thinking Reluctant Adventurer might actually be a better choice for the hand clog.

September 17, 2010, 11:15:34 AM
Reply #5

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 11:15:34 AM »
I'm running Merry, From O'er the Brandywine and Pippin, Sworn to Service in combination with Pippin's Dagger and Merry's Dagger, but I'm thinking to change the strategy a bit and add Woolly-Footed Rascal and Learned Guide along with Treebeard, Earthborn, although that would require massive changes and a lot of cards. It might be an idea for another deck, though. I like using Pippin's Dagger to win Legolas's skirmish and then use Bow of the Galadhrim and Dismay Our Enemies to finish of other minions. The toughest part in my fellowship is healing Merry and Pippin sufficiently. I was even thinking to run Horticulturalist and Old Bilbo's Heir.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

September 17, 2010, 11:41:13 AM
Reply #6

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 11:41:13 AM »

September 17, 2010, 01:11:47 PM
Reply #7

danfor

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 01:11:47 PM »
Chaser of Rascals would definitely help. I'm thinking Escape and extra copies of Pippin's Dagger should be included, as well.

Dauntless Hunter would be awesome in a pipeweed deck, but I'm not sure if there would be any room left for the Elf allies and their support cards.