LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Durin's Secret Society of Dear Friends  (Read 135879 times)

March 02, 2010, 04:58:46 AM
Reply #75

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
Re: Durin's Secret Society of Dear Friends
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2010, 04:58:46 AM »
and you won't be adding threats anyway right? so maybe you should change.

i think your best chance of beating this deck is out bidding him then running to 9
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

March 03, 2010, 06:19:18 AM
Reply #76

Smeagollum

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2010, 06:19:18 AM »
Kralik: It doesn't suprise me at all that old style easterlings didn't hurt you. I had a simlair deck as you had years ago, but not based on durin secret and such, but in mass burdenremoval and healing)) and it realy didn't bother if opponent added burdens. It became a problem when they knew to remove the burdens or if they could add say 10 burdens at once.
You might not add burdens when you move, but I'm sure I'll in the maneuver with Easterling footman or small hope. If you add extra burdens then the extra damage the kingsblock easterlings get. sure Legolas333 is right about that you can't play it all, but I'm sure I can play up to 4 minions a time with so much comps around. But ofcourse I still would need to get things in the right order and on time and I'm sure that when Kralik sees these Easterlings he will anticipate on it, but nontheless this deck could hurt him and I think so far it's the best way against his deck.

Offtopic: Sory for not replying earlier, but I was operated yesterday and was in ic last night. Received an elastic ring around my belly so I can loose weight. Operation was succesfull and now I'm home allready:)

March 03, 2010, 08:28:15 AM
Reply #77

Kralik

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2010, 08:28:15 AM »
No worries regarding the late reply. My defense would be to kill all of the Easterlings without Easterling Polearm... and since you can only have up to 4x of those per game, it makes it harder for you to keep those "4" minions in action. But truly, I didn't expect I could survive vs. Easterlings at all.

March 03, 2010, 08:32:27 AM
Reply #78

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2010, 08:32:27 AM »
Smeagollum,
Eastering Captain with an Easterling Polearm. Assuming Small Hope or Easterling Footman is in play (rather, assuming at least two burdens for that particular turn), Kralik's "give infinite twilight" strategy could come back to really hurt him.

Of course, it doesn't seem like it did in this case...
-wtk

March 03, 2010, 08:42:08 AM
Reply #79

Kralik

« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2010, 08:42:08 AM »
I only "give infinite twilight" if it's really safe and I need to discard conditions. Not vs. Easterling Captain! Although the deck puts out TONS of twilight in general.

Roll of Thunder is there for Easterling Polearm specifically... no other pressing reason to pack it in the deck. Sure, it's handy, but I can't think of any other major threats (Grond, maybe).

March 03, 2010, 09:24:41 AM
Reply #80

Smeagollum

« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2010, 09:24:41 AM »
I only "give infinite twilight" if it's really safe and I need to discard conditions. Not vs. Easterling Captain! Although the deck puts out TONS of twilight in general.

Roll of Thunder is there for Easterling Polearm specifically... no other pressing reason to pack it in the deck. Sure, it's handy, but I can't think of any other major threats (Grond, maybe).

You forget that I put in 2 ships of great draught.. i think you'll see those polearms more then 4x.;)

But really the other easterlings don't hurt if you play on burdenremoval... you only need to watch out Easterling Pillager and count!

Other optional shadow which in my opinion could stand your deck is:

captured by the ring
Gollum
Mordor Fighter
Gorgoroth Stormer
Desperate Measures

I think your deck won't stand the lost of 20 cards at least (probably played with discard fs)/

March 03, 2010, 12:41:11 PM
Reply #81

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2010, 12:41:11 PM »
Smeagollum, I'm glad to hear your operation went well!

Anyway, I once heard something about Faramir, BoQ, and as I'm looking for this guy for a long time, maybe we can make a trade... ;)

March 03, 2010, 12:50:31 PM
Reply #82

Kralik

« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2010, 12:50:31 PM »
I think your deck won't stand the lost of 20 cards at least (probably played with discard fs)/

Perhaps you missed the point of this deck -- you realize that I discard my entire deck ASAP, right? Drawing the cards I want isn't up to random chance. I draw 6/7 Freeps cards of my choice per turn based on the Shadow I am facing.

Desperate Measures could be troublesome not because it discards my deck down to 0, but because I lose the precious cards I stacked there. Hence perhaps the switch to Courteous Halfling (though truthfully I almost never face discard even though I play it myself).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:40:59 PM by Kralik »

March 03, 2010, 03:11:42 PM
Reply #83

Christopher

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2010, 03:11:42 PM »
I love that deck, your played first times with me. Its sooooooooooo mad, and nice xD. Good job, Kralik and congrats for your little girl !

March 04, 2010, 01:49:23 AM
Reply #84

Smeagollum

« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2010, 01:49:23 AM »
Kralik, you have a little girl?  :up:

I know discard is hardly played, because most people don't like to play it as they think it's npe, but here we have a few person who do play discard (actually we have 2). Also a nice story about that one... Everybody remembers The White Arrows of Lorien right?! Well we had a multiplayer tournament and me and my friend Menno decided to annoy people by playing both a discard deck with Elves and dwarves and with sauron and Dunlend. In those days we had a player (our national touranment director for lotr actually) who really doesn't like discard. Actually we decided to play it specially for him... And yes we both went in the first multiplaymatch against him. You people can't imagine how much fun Menno and I had by ditching all of Eric's cards (and after he was out of the game at site5 eachothers). You should have seen Eric's face:)
Anyway... discard could be tricky against you. If you decide to empty your deck as soon as possible the shadow only needs 5 burdens to corrupt you and they will keep that card in hand untill they can play it when it's fatal.

Anyway I need to make an appointment with somebody to teach me gccg.

March 04, 2010, 03:17:41 AM
Reply #85

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2010, 03:17:41 AM »
the worst combo would be gorgoth stormer and 4x the ring is mine after the site where you dump everything and have lik 4-5 burdens

March 04, 2010, 03:22:27 AM
Reply #86

Smeagollum

« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2010, 03:22:27 AM »
the worst combo would be gorgoth stormer and 4x the ring is mine after the site where you dump everything and have lik 4-5 burdens

I know, but it don't work with sites.. stormer can only be used in the shadowphase. So you need to ditch his deck by yourself and then pull out the trick.

March 04, 2010, 06:57:03 AM
Reply #87

Kralik

« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2010, 06:57:03 AM »

I know, but it don't work with sites.. stormer can only be used in the shadowphase. So you need to ditch his deck by yourself and then pull out the trick.

No -- he's right. Ideally the Shadow player could play The Irresistible Shadow and add 5 burdens. Pelennor Flat could help if I don't use Pathfinder first. Though it would be hard to get those cards all at once that early. My draw deck will have 6 cards in it after I move, so the Shadow player would have to a) Use discard or b) add LOTS of burdens.

Option a) 7 burdens needed, Desperate Measures x2 or Perhaps 6 Burdens + Desperate Measures + Orc Warrior.
Option b) 8 burdens by the end of my triple so that even if I remove 3, the 5 leftover will corrupt me next turn.

Both are possibilities, but difficult to pull off. I'm curious on how I would fare vs. jmccarthy's corruption deck that adds 4-5 burdens each turn (OK, I think, since the triple doesn't allow him to "reload")

March 04, 2010, 07:05:39 AM
Reply #88

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2010, 07:05:39 AM »
Both are possibilities, but difficult to pull off. I'm curious on how I would fare vs. jmccarthy's corruption deck that adds 4-5 burdens each turn (OK, I think, since the triple doesn't allow him to "reload")

I have yet to play against that deck...

I still think the best strategy against it is to just bid high then make him search for beneath the mountains which (hopefully) will not show up.

March 04, 2010, 07:09:08 AM
Reply #89

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2010, 07:09:08 AM »
L3333: How high are you willing to bid? If you use any Ring-Bearer other than Frodo, Kralik will likely outbid you with a bid of 6 or 7.
-wtk