LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Mega LOTR Crossover Set!  (Read 4527 times)

May 15, 2009, 06:28:36 AM
Read 4527 times

BattleWarg

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
Mega LOTR Crossover Set!
« on: May 15, 2009, 06:28:36 AM »
Who doesn't like crossovers between completely unrelated universes?   ;D

Seriously, though, I had an idea strike at me and it wouldn't leave me alone, so I gave in.  I'm sure we've all had thoughts for cards from another setting done in LotR format.  Often, though, it's tough to completely flesh it out, especcially finding a replacement for The One Ring.  At least, I find that to be the case.

Well, my thought was to combine this with an idea I found at the forums for the MSE - mini-sets!   :twisted:

Simply put, this would be a place to put up mini-sets (right now, I'm thinking collections of 45 cards plus a couple sites) from another setting.  These can be from any setting and the balance of card types is not limited.  Cultures are up to you - though if multiple people do the same setting, I'd like their cultures to match, at least in name even if they don't in abilities.

So, as of right now, what I'm requesting (and will be attempting) is collections of 45 cards that are based on a source other than Middle-earth, plus 3 sites with some sort of culture reinforcement and 2 sites that don't use culture/setting-specific texts.
After we get 7 of these (315 cards + 35 sites), there will be a LotR collection added in that will show some of the changes that these worlds have brought (up to 350 cards + 40 sites).  Originally, my thought was to then reduce the set to a smaller size (365 cards total, with at least 27 sites).  Any that come in before the call will be open to be included in the set, even if its more than the eight mentioned above - filtered mostly for comparative power levels.  Cards not included will be reviewed again for another set if this goes well.

This all said, being a Crossover-based Set, I expect some humorous cards to make their way in.  In fact, I encourage fun to be poked at both halves (LotR and whatever your collection's from) - however, I ask they be at least playable-serious.  Some (to most) of the Parody DC Chain would be examples of cards that I'm not looking for.  Basically, feel free to poke fun of both/either, but try to make the card playable - and if you're not sure where the limit is, I (and hopefully others) would be willing to help you figure that out.   :mrgreen:

Heroes Collection #1 (in progress) - BattleWarg
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 09:45:33 PM by BattleWarg »

May 15, 2009, 06:34:20 AM
Reply #1

Smeagollum

Re: Mega LOTR Crossover Set!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 06:34:20 AM »
Actually this is a great idea! Aren't we, according to Tokien, living in the 6th area!

Gonna think about some during the weekend. Like the idea a lot!

May 15, 2009, 06:46:57 AM
Reply #2

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 06:46:57 AM »
Let's see...I'd say Hidalgo (Aragorn/Frank Hopkins), Pirates of the Caribbean (Legolas/Will Turner), and Indiana Jones (Gimli/Sallah). ;)
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

May 15, 2009, 07:17:04 AM
Reply #3

BattleWarg

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 07:17:04 AM »
Let's see...I'd say Hidalgo (Aragorn/Frank Hopkins), Pirates of the Caribbean (Legolas/Will Turner), and Indiana Jones (Gimli/Sallah). ;)
That would be an interesting deck...
And come on, Pirates?  That's only 15 cards (and 1 or 2 sites) per movie!
Indiana Jones is smaller - 11 cards and a site per movie, plus one of each for the whole thing.  Someone should be able to do these!   :P

May 15, 2009, 07:27:15 AM
Reply #4

Smeagollum

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 07:27:15 AM »
Equaribium (with Boromir)
Spanish film with aragorn (actually the film is absolutely boring besides the first 5 minutes, which are great)
Troy (legolas)
From #$&*@! (with Bilbo)
Star Trek (EOMER)

May 18, 2009, 10:42:50 AM
Reply #5

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 10:42:50 AM »
Bourne Supremacy (eomer)
National treasure (boromir)
Master and commander (pippin I think)
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

May 18, 2009, 11:44:51 PM
Reply #6

Smeagollum

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 11:44:51 PM »
Sin City: Eliah Wood

Yes M&C is Pip indeed!

May 20, 2009, 07:16:09 AM
Reply #7

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 07:16:09 AM »
The Matrix: Elrond/Agent Smith
Macbeth: Gandalf/Macbeth
Indiana Jones IV: Galadriel/Irina Spalko
Star Wars Episode II: Celeborn/Poggle the Lesser
Star Wars Episode II/III: Count Dooku/Saruman

Those are the ones that jumped out at me. :up:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 10:51:13 AM by Gate Troll »

May 20, 2009, 06:45:44 PM
Reply #8

Aragorn_Ellessar

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 06:45:44 PM »
Lost: Merriadoc ?
One Ring to rule them all.
One Ring to find them.
One Ring to bring them all,
And in the darkness, bind them.

May 20, 2009, 09:15:35 PM
Reply #9

BattleWarg

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 09:15:35 PM »
Well...  while suggestions on what sources to draw from are nice, I was hoping to see some cards before mine.  :)

Although, I wasn't sure (and maybe you weren't either) if the cards should be posted here or their own threads and just indexed here.  Thinking it over, I think that I'd prefer (if the mods don't mind) that the collections be seperate - at the least by creator - and indexed here.
This thread would also be for suggestions and discussions on the set as a whole, as well as where I'll put up the final card selections for the set...

So, I'll be putting up the start for the first collection - HEROES collection #1