LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Solo Frodo/Aragorn (Fellowship side only)  (Read 15868 times)

February 19, 2010, 07:40:41 AM
Read 15868 times

Fierce

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Solo Frodo/Aragorn (Fellowship side only)
« on: February 19, 2010, 07:40:41 AM »
This is my first attempt at an solo Frodo/Aragorn deck with a focus on clearing the table of minions and running. Probably I'll pair it with a good stopping Nazgul beatdown with Fell Beast x4 for cycling (necessary because it includes lots of Fellowship events and some expensive nazzies).

Any feedback will be most welcome!

Frodo Frenzied Fighter
The One Ring Isildur's Bane

Aragorn, Well-traveled Guide (starting)

Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs
Ranger's Sword
Flaming Brand
Bill the Pony
Golden Perch Ale
Mithril-coat
Kingsfoil x2
Swordarm of the White Tower x4 (a 0 cost +4 pump for Aragorn)
Defend It and Hope x3
PATHS x4
Hope is Kindled x2
Gondor Bowmen x4
Cliffs of Emyn Muil
No Stranger to the Shadows
Citadel of Minas Tirith x2

Concerns

The deck lacks all kind of condition removal except for shadow conditions played on Frodo.

The will be lots of exertions for Aragorn. Hopefully the Citadels, Kingsfoils and sanctuaries will be enough to keep him alive.

Not to much burden removal, just Golden Perch Ale and Hope is Kindled. The Ale may be less efficient since the are just two pumps for Frodo.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 07:46:00 AM by Fierce »

February 19, 2010, 09:12:13 AM
Reply #1

Fierce

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Re: Solo Frodo/Aragorn (Fellowship side only)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 09:12:13 AM »
Ah, you are right. I need another Frodo...

Second problem, Sam is X-listed in expanded. As for the ring, Isildur's Bane is the only rare ring I got. I'm not so sure Aragorn will die so soon. Sure, against some shadows it will be tough but I think he will last longer.

I'll also try to trade a Anduril, Flame of the West and ditch Ranger's Sword and Flaming Brand.

February 19, 2010, 10:38:04 AM
Reply #2

Gerontius

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 10:38:04 AM »
I would try to fit in more copies of Sting, and maybe some Orc Bane. Frodo, OBH + Bounder is a good engine for keeping him alive, too.

February 19, 2010, 11:29:04 AM
Reply #3

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 11:29:04 AM »
ARV / Pathfinder could be worth a shot. Pathfinder itself dodges Steward's Tomb and summons fellowship-friendly sites.

I might stick with Ranger's Sword and Flaming Brand for choke (concerned about Mithril Coat, too), add Aragorn's Bow... maybe bump up CoMT.

February 19, 2010, 06:11:55 PM
Reply #4

jdizzy001

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 06:11:55 PM »
I really enjoy aragorn defender decks.  There are a few of my Aragorn decks in casual.  If you're using wtg, the best thing you can do it maximize vitality (use anduril) and BRING ON THE SKIRMISH EVENTS! forget choke & gondor bowman.  Replace them with gondor/shire skirmish events. banners blowing, swordarm of the white tower, and banner of the white tree are excellent choices. Drop down to 2 or 3 copies of PATH. dagger strike is another good choice for events.  archery is not your friend, but there isn't much you can do about that.  Rabbit stew is okay, but I haven't had much luck with it.  you really should use the great ring, but if you don't own one, there isn't much you can do about that either.  strength in my blood is also another excellent choice. that with anduril will give you str 11 and damage +2 in addition to an archery.  If you have athelas, it is better than kingsfoil.  Other than that you aren't going to find much in the way of discarding conditions... It's just the nature of the beast.  I hope you don't feel like I'm destroying your deck, I just really like defender decks.
*All posts made by jdizzy001, regardless of the thread in which they appear, are expressions of his own opinion and as such are not representative of views shared by any third party unless expressly acknowledged as such by said party.

I play LOTR SBG look at my minis!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124731667611081.33577.100002227457509&l=aeb5fa3bdd

February 20, 2010, 08:21:27 AM
Reply #5

Smeagollum

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 08:21:27 AM »
I play awtg with boro as rb. Very nice...

February 20, 2010, 08:30:42 AM
Reply #6

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 08:30:42 AM »
Elendil's valor can be a lifesaver....
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

February 20, 2010, 11:45:24 AM
Reply #7

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

February 20, 2010, 01:02:03 PM
Reply #8

Smeagollum

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 01:02:03 PM »
@KTJ

When will Boro skirmish? awtg becomes defender +x and will have str enough and if boro skirmish then you take wounds and after that you heal them or you prevent wounds. And I use the sites for burdenremoval. See no problems with burdens or wounds. Sure there will be something against it, but I choose to go for my own str. And what the other does doesn't concern me that much.

February 20, 2010, 01:19:13 PM
Reply #9

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 01:19:13 PM »
he thought that "awtg" was an abbreviation or misspelling of some sort of wound-limiting device...he didn't know it was for aragorn, and thus his warning.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

February 20, 2010, 01:30:40 PM
Reply #10

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 01:30:40 PM »
Personally my favorite is Faramir/Aragorn. A [Gondor] Ring-bearer gets to share CoMT and take the exertions from Gondor Bowmen off Aragorn, who can then exert for his bow. Faramir is a bit more forgiving on assignments than Boromir and has his own bow as well.

With Frodo/Aragorn, it felt like they're each doing their own thing... though I'm not sure how much that matters.

February 20, 2010, 02:30:56 PM
Reply #11

jdizzy001

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 02:30:56 PM »
I heart boro/awtg decks.  I find by using answer to all the riddles ring, and a ranger's cloak, you can keep boromir as active as gorn.  Fara/atwg are probably the most impressive defender decks I've ever seen.  slap on faramir's bow then use pathfiners (to pull rivers or forests) and use a ranger's versatility to exhaust minions.  It's beautiful.  isildur and wtg decks are also real fun.  Make gorn a knight with armor of the white city, and isildur for that matter.  As is normal with isi, burdens are... well a burden but a isi/wtg deck must be artifact heavy so scrolls of isiludur would help with that.  Oh look at me, I'm rambbling on again. That is what happens when you get old.  I'm still trying to make a galadriel/wtg deck but it doesn't work so well.  Solo galadirel works better. You could easily make here str. 14, but to do that you have to play without erratas.  Yeah, I'm bizzare, my group and I don't use erratas, but then again we never use the same deck more than once so it isn't a problem.   
*All posts made by jdizzy001, regardless of the thread in which they appear, are expressions of his own opinion and as such are not representative of views shared by any third party unless expressly acknowledged as such by said party.

I play LOTR SBG look at my minis!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124731667611081.33577.100002227457509&l=aeb5fa3bdd

February 22, 2010, 04:34:47 AM
Reply #12

Fierce

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 04:34:47 AM »
Thanks for the massive input guys! When this FP-side is finished, it will be great fun to try it out. Seems like I just need to get my hands on a Faramir Bearer of Quality to make it work  ;)

February 23, 2010, 03:41:13 AM
Reply #13

Smeagollum

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 03:41:13 AM »
Think I've got 2, but not sure.. Will let you know with about 2 weeks (I'll be operated next week and this week I actually don't want concentrate me on other things. PM to make me not forget ;)

February 26, 2010, 09:17:21 AM
Reply #14

Knight-Who-Says-Nee

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 09:17:21 AM »
I've made a somewhat similar deck and one card I use is Dagger Strike.  It works for both the ringbearer and Aragorn WTG (granted you have a hand weapon).  It is good for versatility. 
INXJ