LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: If you could change fellowship block Tentacles, how would you do it?  (Read 5301 times)

February 07, 2016, 06:57:26 PM
Read 5301 times

Chrispy77

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Just an open topic for fun- if you could change anything in general about moria tentacles in the fellowship block, how would you? Costs? Playability? Text? Discuss!

February 08, 2016, 06:20:27 AM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: If you could change fellowship block Tentacles, how would you do it?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 06:20:27 AM »
I kind of like the idea that the Watcher in the Water is only a one-site threat (similar, mostly, to the Balrog). If the Fellowship had faltered at that point in their quest, things would have ended quickly.

I think a good way to have formed the cards would have been to focus on its drive toward the ring and evil. Something like this:

This minion cannot bear possessions and is discarded if not at a marsh.
If you can spot three tentacles, the Watcher in the Water's twilight cost is -4.
Spot five tentacles to assign the Watcher in the Water to the ring-bearer.

Of course, then Evil-Smelling Fens would have to be different.
-wtk

February 21, 2016, 03:05:27 PM
Reply #2

jdizzy001

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 03:05:27 PM »
I would make them more like the Age's End tentacles. Those guys are great fun to play!
*All posts made by jdizzy001, regardless of the thread in which they appear, are expressions of his own opinion and as such are not representative of views shared by any third party unless expressly acknowledged as such by said party.

I play LOTR SBG look at my minis!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124731667611081.33577.100002227457509&l=aeb5fa3bdd

April 26, 2018, 11:33:53 AM
Reply #3

Tbiesty

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 11:33:53 AM »
1)  Change text of Moria Lake to "The first tentacle played each Shadow phase is twilight cost -2".
2)  Add a non-rare Watcher In The Water with "play tentacle from discard pile" special ability.
3)  Change text of Watcher In The Water and all tentacles from "discard if not at a marsh" to "discard if not at a marsh or river".
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 02:32:40 PM by Tbiesty »

April 26, 2018, 11:42:48 AM
Reply #4

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 11:42:48 AM »
I would change them all into support area conditions, that can be turned into minions at river and swamp sites.
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir

April 26, 2018, 05:23:02 PM
Reply #5

Deckhunter

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 05:23:02 PM »
I would change them all into support area conditions, that can be turned into minions at river and swamp sites.

That one could be interesting. Perhaps the watcher could also have a trigger to change the site type as well. Something like:

Response: If an unbound hobbit exerts or uses a special ability play the next site. That site is a marsh until the end of the turn.
Skirmish: If more than one tentacle is assigned to the ringbearer you may discard them and remove (4) twilight to make this condition an eleven strength minion with four vitality until the regroup phase and have it replace those tentacles in that skirmish. It is strength plus two and damage plus one for each tentacle discarded in this way. This is still a condition.

The tentacles could be something like this:

Shadow: If the fellowship's current site is a marsh or a river and you cannot spot a minion without the tentacle keyword you may remove (2) twilight to make this condition a four strength minion with two vitality until the regroup phase. This is still a condition.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish you may play a tentacle from your discard pile.

What do you think?