LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Can you help me with ideas for decks for 1-7 and 1-8 sets format pls?  (Read 4456 times)

February 23, 2016, 09:08:35 AM
Read 4456 times

ravensvt

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
I`m participating in a tournament that for each stage we need to play with sets 1-7. next 1-8. 1-9 and finaly full movie block.

Can you help me with ideas for 1-7 and 1-8 sets decks pls?

February 23, 2016, 09:10:26 AM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Can you help me with ideas for decks for 1-7 and 1-8 sets format pls?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 09:10:26 AM »
Love the King Standard (1-7 format). Perhaps you could post some deck lists and members can offer suggestions.

Cheers,
-wtk

February 23, 2016, 09:24:26 AM
Reply #2

ravensvt

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 09:24:26 AM »
well is there an easyer way that to type the decks manualy?

February 23, 2016, 12:48:02 PM
Reply #4

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 12:48:02 PM »
That's a pretty big deck, and it's a bit unfocused.

I like the idea of relying on archery to beef up Eomer, Third Marshal of Riddermark and ponies on the Lorien Swordsman, but this deck is gigantic.

Release the Angry Flood is fairly useless when you don't even use Anduin Banks as your site 4. With just two rivers in King Standard and such a niche card, I would think you'd want to maximize its value.

What happens with your Free Peoples if Eomer dies? That's a lot of cards you wouldn't be able to play.

Elite Crossbowmen is, in my opinion, absolute garbage and Ranged Commander kind of falls in the same line. If you are going to splash some archers, why not Desert Lord who is cheaper and can possibly win a fight?

There is probably the foundation of a good deck in there, but it's just got too much excess right now. Even with Grishnakh, Orc Captain and Alliance Reforged to draw, and Elven Sword to cycle a bit, you're going to be overwhelmed with bad hands more often than not. Malice kills your own archer if the Free Peoples player does not have one in play. Four copies?!

Just thoughts.
-wtk

Edit: Another thought. Besides the sites, the Ring-bearer, and Bow of the Galadhrim, Gift of Galadriel and Asfaloth, Elven Steed, you don't have any cards from set 7 in the deck. An archery-based shadow can get some real boosts with threats and there are several interesting [Elven] cards in Return of the King.

What the Deck Needs:
Free Peoples:
- Focus--it could probably lose 40 cards and be even better
- Ring-bearer support
- Burden Removal
- [Rohan] support if Eomer dies
- Shotgun Enquea and Greed protection
Shadow:
- Focus!
- Cycling Mechanisms
- Threat mechanisms(?)
- [Raider] archery support instead of [Isengard](?)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 01:08:09 PM by ket_the_jet »

February 23, 2016, 02:02:40 PM
Reply #5

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

February 23, 2016, 04:33:22 PM
Reply #6

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 04:33:22 PM »
You Bring Great Evil is a must for I'd Make You Squeak decks. :twisted: And pairs so nicely with Orc Guard, after site 6 its work will be done so that Orc can get you some condition discard from it. ;).
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

March 09, 2016, 05:47:23 AM
Reply #7

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout