LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Good Gemp Players' List  (Read 2393 times)

August 10, 2016, 07:18:43 AM
Read 2393 times

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
Good Gemp Players' List
« on: August 10, 2016, 07:18:43 AM »
I thought it might be nice to have a place where we can recognize GOOD players, players that are polite, behave in a sportsmanlike manner, show good conduct, and are pleasant to play with.

This thread isn't about skill, it's about good conduct.

And you can't nominate yourself. :)

For my first, I'd like to nominate:

dunadan

Every time I play him, he's always friendly, always pleasant, even when he loses. Great player.
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir

August 10, 2016, 10:04:54 AM
Reply #1

harold3

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
  • Shop smart...Shop S-Mart
Re: Good Gemp Players' List
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 10:04:54 AM »
Well You ,sgtdraino, have always been one I have found to be a good opponent.

August 10, 2016, 12:07:13 PM
Reply #2

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 12:07:13 PM »
An initiative to support good sportsmanship and nice attitudes, in opposition to the same old complaint about the usual trash-talkers. Excellent idea! :up:

I must mention dredlox, Valtor, Dictionary and, as harold3 already said, you sgtdraino. Playing with these 4 gentlemen is always pleasant. Not only due to respect and manners, but also due to the creativity invested in deckbuilding. There are others, but my chaotic memory can recall those 3 names by now.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

August 10, 2016, 02:53:41 PM
Reply #3

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 02:53:41 PM »
I second harold3, if for no other reason than how he carries himself in the chat room. He maintains a civil decorum and often ameliorates petty arguments.

As for gaming, Phallen is always a good opponent. Great etiquette, and always willing to try a new deck or format.

I miss Kralik and Heije.
-wtk

August 10, 2016, 03:17:01 PM
Reply #4

harold3

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
  • Shop smart...Shop S-Mart
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 03:17:01 PM »
I miss Chet_manly, that dude was super cool and always fun to watch and talk to.

August 11, 2016, 01:49:06 PM
Reply #5

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 01:49:06 PM »
Definitely Skeeve. Good bloke through and through.  Even Zool (who probably shouldn't even be mentioned this thread) said he had a soft spot for good ol' Skeevo.  Is he still active?

September 16, 2016, 02:01:27 PM
Reply #6

Valtor

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 02:01:27 PM »
So many good and sporting players on Gemp, but I must mention:

lorddon, a true sportsman. Agreed to a cancel and rematch in the current FotR Sealed when I had selected wrong deck (from earlier serie), and in my first ever WotR Standard league was willing to talk me through a couple of things, even suggesting moves to his detriment. For the record, he won both games  8-)

For me, players willing to talk about decks and strategy in and out of the game make a real contribution - DurinsHeir (another true gentleman when it comes to playing) and Eukalyptus (another 100% sporting opponent) stand out in this as far as my contact goes. I am sure there are others.

For challenging play in good spirit Cthulhu (now it seems sadly departed) is formidable but sympatico, and I like playing daisukeman because he has such a variety of innovative decks - you never know what is going to be coming at you!

Other good sports with whom it is a particular pleasure to play are Meliadoc, dmaz, areefj, ugluk7, bign19, throxor, satanko (ahoy!), rafazc, ramolnar, Raelag, Couatl, Marihuana, Styx, tony784, ShadySpawn, krummbarth - the list goes on. I don't play past set 10 except in Sealed (and now WotR Standard occasionally), so there are many Expanded, Standard and Open players with whom I have had little or no contact.

But tbh, it is a little invidious to single people out, since, with very few exceptions, ALL opponents on Gemp are great to play against, because we are some, perhaps most, of the few left in the World who still love this game and keep it alive. Good job people - I salute you all!!  :up: :up:

My two Gemp wishes:
[1] that I lived in France (where I am currently on holiday!! too much French red wine this evening ...) so I could attend the French r/l tournies that Enola advertises
[2] that someone, anyone, else from my country (England) would join Gemp :roll:

Oh and [3] that MarcinS could fix all known bugs on Gemp, especially NBOO!!  ](*,)

PS to Legion - Skeeve, wonderful sportsman, sadly not seen since the reset in January 2014. There is a Gemp player who tells me he knows Skeeve irl and has told him he is missed, but still no sign.  :(